BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-08-2022, 11:01 PM   #1
Flex1691
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Delayed due to Russia/Ukraine incident

Was supposed to receive my production number for my 22 M3 comp xdrive last Monday, was told today by the finance manager at my bmw dealership that the M3/M4 factory is shut down due to supply chain issues from a result of the current conflict. Has anyone else been told this that were expecting a production number over the last week or so ??
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 11:40 PM   #2
Besharaf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Thin Air

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
A number of users here received production numbers on Monday, fyi
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 11:45 PM   #3
Flex1691
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besharaf View Post
A number of users here received production numbers on Monday, fyi
Yeah I saw some post about didn't want to hijack a post but wanted to see if anyone else had this excuse given to them, looks like hell be getting a call from me tommorow
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 12:08 AM   #4
Besharaf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Thin Air

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex1691 View Post
Yeah I saw some post about didn't want to hijack a post but wanted to see if anyone else had this excuse given to them, looks like hell be getting a call from me tommorow
I'm way down the waitlist and didn't get a notification about allocations coming in to see if I moved up, so maybe the manager has some truth...Or they just didn't get any and blamed it on the situation, it's really hard to tell.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 12:22 AM   #5
Elird
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4 G82

Bmw m4 comp awd order

I placed my order for a bmw m4 comp awd in January , got my production number and everything and was promised June delivery. Is this still a possibility?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 12:41 AM   #6
Flex1691
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elird View Post
I placed my order for a bmw m4 comp awd in January , got my production number and everything and was promised June delivery. Is this still a possibility?
Should be, I mean I could have been lied to, other people like yourself got production numbers already
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 01:31 AM   #7
Grumpy514
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3X

Garage List
Quote:
Promised?

Nothing is promised. You SHOULD get your vehicle by June depending if you got carbon buckets or anything individual as both of those will delay builds usually by 4-6 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 05:26 AM   #8
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

There were a number of posts last week linking to news stories about this, e.g. https://www.ft.com/content/f163d21f-...2-d45929df820f

BMW continues to dole out allocations, somehow, though I wouldn't trust any promises from dealers about expected timeframes; there's simply too many factors outside their control.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 05:36 AM   #9
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
In the current situation, every build is going through unique issues and it would be hard to predict a delivery time frame, especially by a dealer who has zero control over the process.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 05:42 AM   #10
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex1691 View Post
Was supposed to receive my production number for my 22 M3 comp xdrive last Monday, was told today by the finance manager at my bmw dealership that the M3/M4 factory is shut down due to supply chain issues from a result of the current conflict. Has anyone else been told this that were expecting a production number over the last week or so ??
This dealer either hasn't received any allocation or trying to play games. Several dealers are not honoring their waitlist and offering allocations to people who are willing to pay markup.

Since allocations went out last week and you were suppose to receive yours, i am not sure if your dealer is saying the truth. Have you confirmed your position in their waitlist within this dealer.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 05:43 AM   #11
Vishal50028
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competion RWD

This is more than just an "incident"
Appreciate 5
JWBimmer135.00
s58551.00
LSP72.00
Dundas35.50
      03-09-2022, 05:46 AM   #12
Spykexx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Quote:
They cannot promise anything lol. I'm a week 2 build, got my allocation last year. Still sitting in Germany. At best at this point I'm expecting May.

Plants are shutdown. Who knows how long for. Even if they opened up next week I'd wager you'd be a mid to late April build (but factor in everyone in front of you also got pushed back). Looks like build week 19,20,21 are already posting and they are for builds in May. If that gives some perspective. In normal times sure, but these aren't normal times. Some people do get incredibly lucky though and slip through everything.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 06:02 AM   #13
FLOSS M
///M3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 X-Drive

Just to give some insight… ordered on 9/4/21 with an an allocation for week 45 … bump 47-49-4-7-8 … started production on 2/11 and have been at Quality Check for almost 2 weeks and counting. No carbon bucket seats , no individual paint . M3 xdrive
The RAM recall is still a popular issue that could effect your build as it has in my case.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 07:02 AM   #14
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm delayed because I had the audacity to order a car from BMW/I'm Polish/BMW hates me - you be the judge.

Ordered on 25th May, got an allocation the following day with initial build week 32. I went through several delays, most recent from this year: weeks 5 -> 7 -> 8 -> 11.

I'm very close to canceling the order, the only thing that kept me from doing this is the amount of time I invested in waiting for the car. However, even this starts to fade so I sent an official letter to my dealer demanding my car as required by the agreement. This is the first and last step before I cancel the order.

Sorry for the rant but I'm tired of all this.
      03-09-2022, 07:20 AM   #15
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelsidedown636 View Post
Hi everyone,
I got my allocation just in time. My car was complete a little over 2 weeks ago and has been just sitting at the port in Germany waiting for a ship to come here. I contacted my dealer last week to see if this Ukraine ordeal is delaying shipping as well. He said he'd get back to me when he finds out some answers, but so far haven't heard anything.
I don't believe the plant shutdowns should impact cars in QC or awaiting transport; hopefully yours will be moving on soon. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loma View Post
Ordered on 25th May, got an allocation the following day with initial build week 32. I went through several delays, most recent from this year: weeks 5 -> 7 -> 8 -> 11.

I'm very close to canceling the order, the only thing that kept me from doing this is the amount of time I invested in waiting for the car. However, even this starts to fade so I sent an official letter to my dealer demanding my car as required by the agreement. This is the first and last step before I cancel the order.
Your frustration is understandable, but I'm not sure a letter of demand is going to do much, as this is entirely outside the control of the dealership. In fact there's a number of factors that are outside of BMW's control as well, at least over the short term. We're all in the same boat here... good luck.
      03-09-2022, 07:48 AM   #16
mjbernatz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 4.0

Quote:
I'm delayed because I had the audacity to order a car from BMW/I'm Polish/BMW hates me - you be the judge.

Sorry for the rant but I'm tired of all this.
Your dealership has no control over this whatsoever. Dealerships are <nearly> as frustrated as consumers, as they're dealing with countless customer complaints and not getting their revenue in a timely manner. My Week 45 M4CX was stuck in Quality Check status for 114 days. I called my dealership, BMW Genius, and BMW NA customer support, none of which had any control over the delays. I did receive a $750 goodwill brand loyalty offer from BMW NA (check sent to me after I take delivery) to compensate me for my frustration.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 07:51 AM   #17
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
Your frustration is understandable, but I'm not sure a letter of demand is going to do much, as this is entirely outside the control of the dealership. In fact there's a number of factors that are outside of BMW's control as well, at least over the short term. We're all in the same boat here... good luck.
That letter of demand is required by the agreement so I can safely cancel and get my entire deposit back.

Anyway, I got information that the factory resumes production on March 21st.
      03-09-2022, 07:59 AM   #18
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
That letter of demand is required by the agreement so I can safely cancel and get my entire deposit back.

Anyway, I got information that the factory resumes production on March 21st.
Interesting. That's the first projected resumption date I've seen. It would certainly sync with the Mini plant in Oxford (closed for an additional week beyond this week) but not with the original 'one week' announcement BM gave for Munich etc. Anyway, if the 21st is indeed correct, then it could certainly be worse! Supply analysts have been quoted as saying it'll take a fortnight to redirect harness supplies, so that sort of timeframe would make sense.

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 08:00 AM   #19
chicagoguy0822
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible (G83)

Here's what I have learned from my dealer (the largest in the midwest). They've been very upfront with me since I placed my order in August and has been in QC since November for the RAM and CID (CID has cleared).

- The plant is shut down for 2 weeks. No new manufacturing.
- BMW receives wiring harnesses from Ukraine. As long as they can't get wiring harnesses, there will be delays.
- Cars that are in QC are still being worked on, albeit slowly.
- The dealers have ZERO control of what happens in Germany. The plants won't communicate with them. Once it hits the ship and lands in the US, it's a different story.
Appreciate 2
FLOSS M386.50
      03-09-2022, 09:29 AM   #20
Elird
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykexx View Post
They cannot promise anything lol. I'm a week 2 build, got my allocation last year. Still sitting in Germany. At best at this point I'm expecting May.

Plants are shutdown. Who knows how long for. Even if they opened up next week I'd wager you'd be a mid to late April build (but factor in everyone in front of you also got pushed back). Looks like build week 19,20,21 are already posting and they are for builds in May. If that gives some perspective. In normal times sure, but these aren't normal times. Some people do get incredibly lucky though and slip through everything.
My car is fairly base except for the carbon trim and the dealer had told me its production week 19. I hope for at least mid June delivery.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 09:37 AM   #21
berninam550
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m550

BMW to Resume Production at Some Plants next week (latest news)

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...ts-2022-03-09/

https://money.usnews.com/investing/n...at-some-plants

Last edited by berninam550; 03-09-2022 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 5
DavidXJ668.00
s58551.00
M4Tejas846.00
wtwo318096.50
      03-09-2022, 09:41 AM   #22
Spykexx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3

Quote:
My car is fairly base except for the carbon trim and the dealer had told me its production week 19. I hope for at least mid June delivery.
Mine is essentially base as well. You are incredibly optimistic. Considering shut downs you could get pushed some. Even if produced mid may, late June is about best case scenario.
Appreciate 0