BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

02-03-2022, 07:44 PM   #1
travisgsf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp

Car supposed to be delivered tomorrow 2/4

Genius line says my car has an estimated dealer arrival date from VPC tomorrow 2/4. Has anyone had these dates be accurate? Car has been in Galveston VPC for about 3 weeks. Everything had been clear on it for over a week. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 05:25 AM   #2
Topcarbon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 m4

Must be exciting!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 05:31 AM   #3
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Take it with a pinch of salt! Unless your dealer has confirmed the same thing to you.

Genius advisors just go by with what it says on the screen, and these dates are just estimates.

You can ask them to confirm the order status code - it will be a 3 digit number (there is also a trick to see this order status code on your MyBMW My Garage using Google Chrome Dev Tools - there is a forum thread on this somewhere).

The status code will tell you exactly what is happening with your car, whether it is truly on the way to your dealer or still at the VPC centre.

If you never had any stop sales, then it is very plausible that your car is on its way
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2022, 07:13 AM   #4
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

I'd be cautiously optimistic. It is really great news that your car is clear of all stop sales and is ready to ship. As long as it has been released to the carrier, all that is remaining is for the car to be picked up and driven to the dealership. But those delivery times are just estimates based on the typical delivery time. With a backlog of cars at ports and a shortage of drivers, cars have been taken longer at this step too. My car is estimated to be at the dealership tomorrow as well, but it hasn't been picked up. If it's not on a truck within the next hour or so, there is no way it shows up by the estimated date.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 1
travisgsf117.00
      02-04-2022, 07:46 AM   #5
travisgsf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3008 View Post
I'd be cautiously optimistic. It is really great news that your car is clear of all stop sales and is ready to ship. As long as it has been released to the carrier, all that is remaining is for the car to be picked up and driven to the dealership. But those delivery times are just estimates based on the typical delivery time. With a backlog of cars at ports and a shortage of drivers, cars have been taken longer at this step too. My car is estimated to be at the dealership tomorrow as well, but it hasn't been picked up. If it's not on a truck within the next hour or so, there is no way it shows up by the estimated date.
Yea I think I'm in the same boat as you. I know all stop sales are clear and it's ready to go. I'm not sure if it's assigned to carrier yet. I'd have to ask the code. I'll try to find out today. Genius line and dealer have been saying the same things on status updates so at least those are in line
Appreciate 0