BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-30-2021, 03:30 PM   #1
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
RAM Stop Sale Check your cars

So, I took delivery of my car after it had sat at the Port Hueneme VPC for a Ram stop sale. The car has been fine since I picked it up. A few days ago, I noticed that my passenger side door projector light stopped working. I've been meaning to get to it, just haven't had time.

Fast forward to this morning, I notice my whole passenger door, none of the lights work. No ambient, no door lock, nothing. Then I go into the trunk, because I know there is a fuse panel on the right rear wall, of the trunk, and I move some stuff like some kit and some other things, and behind the zip bag, are rags shoved into the fuse panel. Not happy.

Check your RAM stop sale cars.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
Patton2502939.50
luckylingy3233.50
SintAFM208.00
MannyS357.00
sleepdoc257.50
      10-30-2021, 03:40 PM   #2
Flying05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
So, I took delivery of my car after it had sat at the Port Hueneme VPC for a Ram stop sale. The car has been fine since I picked it up. A few days ago, I noticed that my passenger side door projector light stopped working. I've been meaning to get to it, just haven't had time.

Fast forward to this morning, I notice my whole passenger door, none of the lights work. No ambient, no door lock, nothing. Then I go into the trunk, because I know there is a fuse panel on the right rear wall, of the trunk, and I move some stuff like some kit and some other things, and behind the zip bag, are rags shoved into the fuse panel. Not happy.

Well that's not good. I keep thinking about how f'd up my car might be during these days of production. Supposed to get it in about a month and I hope this thing does not turn out to be a piece of sh&t.
      10-30-2021, 03:49 PM   #3
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Oh shit sorry to hear/see that dude.

Do you know why someone might have done that?

I have a RAM stop sale and i'm very grateful you posted this. This will be the first thing i will look at AT THE DEALER when i pick up the car. That way if i see shit like that, i'm calling out BMW for it.

Definitely not good. These are expensive cars we don't deserve this.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-30-2021, 04:05 PM   #4
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Every single car coming out of Germany is going to have a RAM stop sale. All of them. What happened to the OP is just carelessness on the part of the port and then of course his dealer who should’ve checked the whole car over. For those of you concerned about this, and I don’t blame you, ask your dealer to go through the entire car with a fine tooth comb.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-30-2021, 04:22 PM   #5
Motorat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

WTF
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13475.00
themnmd1691.00
      10-30-2021, 04:43 PM   #6
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:

Wow, this is very unprofessional.

A little off-topic, but side door projector? You mean the projector that shines the BMW logo on the ground when the door is open?

I don't have that in my car and it's not on the order guide as an option. Or maybe I do, but it's broken?

Can you shed some light (pun intended) on this door projector?
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-30-2021, 05:01 PM   #7
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post

A little off-topic, but side door projector? You mean the projector that shines the BMW logo on the ground when the door is open?

I don't have that in my car and it's not on the order guide as an option. Or maybe I do, but it's broken?

its likely a puddle light. on the F8X, i think that they were on the door handle. they dont shine the logo, just a light that shines on the ground when you unlock the door.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-30-2021, 05:02 PM   #8
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
its likely a puddle light. on the F8X, i think that they were on the door handle. they dont shine the logo, just a light that shines on the ground when you unlock the door.
Correct, however, I added the BMW OEM projectors like these in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorat View Post
WTF
Exactly what I said.

Quote:

Yes, the stock setup are just some courtesy lights that dont even lights up the ground, theyre so weak. BMW sells these OEM projectors that just plug into the existing light socket. (This is a stock photo, as I dont have access to my phone, at the moment. But this is the same pattern light. )
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-30-2021, 05:57 PM   #9
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
Correct, however, I added the BMW OEM projectors like these in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorat View Post
WTF
Exactly what I said.

Quote:

Yes, the stock setup are just some courtesy lights that dont even lights up the ground, theyre so weak. BMW sells these OEM projectors that just plug into the existing light socket. (This is a stock photo, as I dont have access to my phone, at the moment. But this is the same pattern light. )
Ah, cool! Thanks
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-30-2021, 06:08 PM   #10
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ah, cool! Thanks
This is what they look like. 50mm is the size for our cars.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-30-2021, 06:21 PM   #11
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Every single car coming out of Germany is going to have a RAM stop sale. All of them. What happened to the OP is just carelessness on the part of the port and then of course his dealer who should’ve checked the whole car over. For those of you concerned about this, and I don’t blame you, ask your dealer to go through the entire car with a fine tooth comb.
You think cars that will roll of the production line in a few weeks will also be shipped out with missing RAM units too?
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-30-2021, 09:00 PM   #12
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Then I go into the trunk, because I know there is a fuse panel on the right rear wall, of the trunk, and I move some stuff like some kit and some other things, and behind the zip bag, are rags shoved into the fuse panel. Not happy.

So this reminds me of a story of my very first car, a ‘78 Scirocco I bought new as a college freshman.

I drove the snot out of that car for 4 years, then sold it to a college buddy, who decided to repaint it (rust emerged much earlier back then, plus sketchy body work on my watch). Low and behold, wedged inside the quarter panel was an empty German beer bottle.

Guess the car was built on a Friday — or at least late on an afternoon.
Appreciate 3
Limegrntaln13475.00
hamzag20557.00
      10-30-2021, 09:19 PM   #13
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Dude gets free microfiber towels from BMW and he's mad.

I dont get some people
Appreciate 9
Limegrntaln13475.00
chicagofan0019155.00
themnmd1691.00
'Cane8531.00
kjx3203.00
iviegatron2542.00
      10-30-2021, 09:25 PM   #14
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
You think cars that will roll of the production line in a few weeks will also be shipped out with missing RAM units too?
Yes. Every one. At least for now. A lot of them are getting the parts pretty quickly though as soon as they hit the port. Let’s hope that continues.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-30-2021, 09:30 PM   #15
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
Word is, they all are, right now. It can easily be installed at the port, but the whole reason for this post, is, to make sure that your car is put back together before you take delivery. The way the front license plae bracket and the zip bag was sitting, wedged into the corner of the trunk, I never noticed it. And its in the corner of the trunk, where its dark most of the time. I open the trunk, get something out, and close the trunk. I never examined everything that came with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
So this reminds me of a story of my very first car, a ‘78 Scirocco I bought new as a college freshman.

I drove the snot out of that car for 4 years, then sold it to a college buddy, who decided to repaint it (rust emerged much earlier back then, plus sketchy body work on my watch). Low and behold, wedged inside the quarter panel was an empty German beer bottle.

Guess the car was built on a Friday — or at least late on an afternoon.
Luckily the build date is a Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post

I dont get some people
Yeah, shoved into the fuse box, and now none of the lights on my passenger door work. Im leaving it in there, let the dealer mess with it. If it burns the car down, I didnt do it.

Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      10-30-2021, 09:39 PM   #16
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Word is, they all are, right now. It can easily be installed at the port, but the whole reason for this post, is, to make sure that your car is put back together before you take delivery. The way the front license plae bracket and the zip bag was sitting, wedged into the corner of the trunk, I never noticed it. And its in the corner of the trunk, where its dark most of the time. I open the trunk, get something out, and close the trunk. I never examined everything that came with the car.

Yeah, shoved into the fuse box, and now none of the lights on my passenger door work. Im leaving it in there, let the dealer mess with it. If it burns the car down, I didnt do it.

I was kidding btw..that is BS and extremely sloppy on bmws part. Seems almost intentional. Like, what would even be the purpose of having microfibers in the fuse box?
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-30-2021, 10:21 PM   #17
Dolemite79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Yes. Every one. At least for now. A lot of them are getting the parts pretty quickly though as soon as they hit the port. Let’s hope that continues.
Not at the Baltimore VPC, cars are sitting 30+ days
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-30-2021, 10:27 PM   #18
sleepdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX DG/Blk

Those projectors look nice ! Where can I get em?

Sucks about those towels beings shoved in there - maybe something wet got in there and they were trying to dry it ?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 11:18 PM   #19
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
Those projectors look nice ! Where can I get em?

Sucks about those towels beings shoved in there - maybe something wet got in there and they were trying to dry it ?
Heres a link, you can shop around for the prices, by part number. I got mine from the dealer, because my dealer gives me 20% off for the first 30 days on accessories, when I bought the car. They didnt have the extra slides, though, so, I still need to order those. The kit comes with 2 different slides. The ones I posted, and the BMW roundels.

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/oem-par...b3J5IFBhZ2U%3D

Appreciate 2
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
sleepdoc257.50
      10-31-2021, 09:44 AM   #20
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I was kidding btw..that is BS and extremely sloppy on bmws part. Seems almost intentional. Like, what would even be the purpose of having microfibers in the fuse box?
Certainly a fire hazard
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00
      10-31-2021, 04:14 PM   #21
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Certainly a fire hazard
Kind of strange, the towels are stuffed into the fuze box, and now, none of the lighting on my passenger door works. Not sure if it already shorted something, but I removed the towels, after I sent this picture to my CA. He pretty much said, WTF.

Appreciate 2
themnmd1691.00
nottoday175.50
      11-01-2021, 02:31 PM   #22
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:

I dont get some people
Seriously.. it's the hidden "trunk kit"
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13475.00