BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-13-2021, 11:10 PM   #1
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 550i

So after checking couple X5 M50i cars i find out this BS is real, we frying our cars from factory on photo you can see that oil coolers are covered with some plastic from inside… and my friend who ordered same car same specs one side is open like it should be and other is covered ( mine is covered from both sides its crazy)… i just have feelings thats they just forgot to knock that plastic out… here is photos mine white M50i and same M50i at the dealership.Is anyone have same crap???
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 02:26 AM   #2
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHMM View Post
So after checking couple X5 M50i cars i find out this BS is real, we frying our cars from factory on photo you can see that oil coolers are covered with some plastic from inside… and my friend who ordered same car same specs one side is open like it should be and other is covered ( mine is covered from both sides its crazy)… i just have feelings thats they just forgot to knock that plastic out… here is photos mine white M50i and same M50i at the dealership.Is anyone have same crap???
With the E70 50i and F15 50i, the passenger side radiator was for the oil cooler and the drivers side was the Aux Radiator.

With the G05, the oil cooler for the M50i has been changed to a oil/water heat exchanger located in the valley of the engine under the turbos. This allowed the elimination of the oil cooler radiator, so BMW moved the aux radiator from the drivers side over to the passenger side and it appears the drivers side no longer has any aux radiator.

It also appears that the aux radiator that is now on the passenger side was only installed with the S3ACA, S840A, or S8SLA build options. This most likely accounts for why some are vented and others are not.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 08:48 AM   #3
PNWM50I
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21' x5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
With the E70 50i and F15 50i, the passenger side radiator was for the oil cooler and the drivers side was the Aux Radiator.

With the G05, the oil cooler for the M50i has been changed to a oil/water heat exchanger located in the valley of the engine under the turbos. This allowed the elimination of the oil cooler radiator, so BMW moved the aux radiator from the drivers side over to the passenger side and it appears the drivers side no longer has any aux radiator.

It also appears that the aux radiator that is now on the passenger side was only installed with the S3ACA, S840A, or S8SLA build options. This most likely accounts for why some are vented and others are not.
Just checked my vehicle, 2021 X5 M50i, and only the passenger side is open.
Appreciate 1
BBHMM34.00
      07-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #4
Moedee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M550I/X6M50I/G83

Garage List
2019 m550i  [0.00]
same here ^^ G06 M50I
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #5
BBHMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWM50I View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post

Just checked my vehicle, 2021 X5 M50i, and only the passenger side is open.
Yes but there is thing my friend ordered exactly same car and same options but on his x5 m50 passenger side is open and with radiator

Last edited by BBHMM; 06-22-2022 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 05:37 PM   #6
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHMM View Post
Yes but there is thing my friend ordered exactly same car and same options but on his x5 m50 passenger side is open with cooler
Interesting, can you see if the auxiliary radiator is installed behind the blocked vent on the passenger side?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0