BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #1
n55f15
New Member
-2
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: F15 X5, Mk7.5 GTI
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Talking Fire Orange G80 M3 Individual

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
New here, just thought I'd share this.


Name:  Fire Orange G80 M3.jpg
Views: 12740
Size:  264.4 KB



Appreciate 6
      11-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #2
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1546
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Looks like the standard red to me.
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
Scorp!on
Private First Class
Switzerland
270
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 G80 (soon)
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Looks like the standard red to me.
?
It is sooo orange how can you not see it?
Appreciate 14
JTO242980.00
Yazar22.50
Holset50.50
340i9114s102.50
Sedan_Clan7039.50
Frozen452.50
GuyOh365.50
slcook54117.50
ice31125.50
MBM340317.50

      11-29-2020, 02:02 PM   #4
n55f15
New Member
-2
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: F15 X5, Mk7.5 GTI
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH-2gXbJ..._web_copy_link
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on269.50

      11-29-2020, 02:50 PM   #5
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1546
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
?
It is sooo orange how can you not see it?
Pretty sure it's just a filter! Don't think there will be an individual color already...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 03:04 PM   #6
frankiebones
Lieutenant Colonel
frankiebones's Avatar
2266
Rep
1,721
Posts

Drives: M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
?
It is sooo orange how can you not see it?
Pretty sure it's just a filter! Don't think there will be an individual color already...
There are numerous individual G80/G82s we have seen (mostly for employees).

Filter also doesn't change a color from metallic to non metallic....
__________________
M3 CS with M Perf Exhaust
Retired - Yas F80 - 6MT - Hex Stage 1 - MPHAS
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan7039.50

      11-29-2020, 03:27 PM   #7
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1546
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
There are numerous individual G80/G82s we have seen (mostly for employees).

Filter also doesn't change a color from metallic to non metallic....
I definitely see the orange part in the paint, however it's hard to tell from one blurry picture if this is really fire orange...

Shakir orange can be bright orange or dark red depending on the lighting just as example...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #8
frankiebones
Lieutenant Colonel
frankiebones's Avatar
2266
Rep
1,721
Posts

Drives: M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
There are numerous individual G80/G82s we have seen (mostly for employees).

Filter also doesn't change a color from metallic to non metallic....
I definitely see the orange part in the paint, however it's hard to tell from one blurry picture if this is really fire orange...
Allow me to clear it up for you. It is. It's a BMW color that photographs true to its real life appearance.

They denied my Fire Orange build because the US doesn't get individual colors until March, Europe is getting them immediately.
__________________
M3 CS with M Perf Exhaust
Retired - Yas F80 - 6MT - Hex Stage 1 - MPHAS
Appreciate 2
EXE46852.50
Sedan_Clan7039.50

      11-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #9
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1546
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Here is a red car with a filter...looks orange to me...

Took me like 5 seconds making a red car orange ish...


Last edited by LOW4LYF; 11-29-2020 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2020, 03:36 PM   #10
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1546
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Allow me to clear it up for you. It is. It's a BMW color that photographs true to its real life appearance.

They denied my Fire Orange build because the US doesn't get individual colors until March, Europe is getting them immediately.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 03:41 PM   #11
frankiebones
Lieutenant Colonel
frankiebones's Avatar
2266
Rep
1,721
Posts

Drives: M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Allow me to clear it up for you. It is. It's a BMW color that photographs true to its real life appearance.

They denied my Fire Orange build because the US doesn't get individual colors until March, Europe is getting them immediately.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings
Sir, what are you talking about? You're presuming it was a filtered pic, and I'm telling you I spoke to OP of the pic. I just clarified it with him. The question is will you admit you were wrong or just make personal attacks? [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images
 
__________________
M3 CS with M Perf Exhaust
Retired - Yas F80 - 6MT - Hex Stage 1 - MPHAS
Appreciate 2
JustChris12132.50
snareman831.50

      11-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #12
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1546
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Should be...lol

Not sure why you putting so much time in and get so upset?

Nobody so far confirmed the car in the first picture is fire orange. It could be green or blue and I could care less!


Just take a look at the other picture he is posting...

How does this standard green looks like for you in his picture?


Last edited by LOW4LYF; 11-29-2020 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on269.50

      11-29-2020, 06:43 PM   #13
frankiebones
Lieutenant Colonel
frankiebones's Avatar
2266
Rep
1,721
Posts

Drives: M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Should be...lol

Not sure why you putting so much time in and get so upset?

Nobody so far confirmed the car in the first picture is fire orange. It could be green or blue and I could care less!


Just take a look at the other picture he is posting...

How does this standard green looks like for you in his picture?
Your logic is flawed. Does it look filtered? It looks like a saturated picture under fluorescent lights. Does it still look green? Yes. It still looks green.


YOU see a picture of an orange car, however, and assume it's red that's been hit with a multitude of filters to change the color because you don't think the car could be orange because it's too early for individual colors in the life cycle. That's incorrect, as we have seen a purple (maybe twilight purple but we aren't sure) that have been produced and we have confirmation of 3 fire orange requests that were approved and are pending. Furthermore, we know BMW has allowed individual colors to be produced for employees and those employees have taken delivery of G80s and G82s.

You presume quite a bit, and when I corrected you, you took it personally.
__________________
M3 CS with M Perf Exhaust
Retired - Yas F80 - 6MT - Hex Stage 1 - MPHAS
Appreciate 2
JustChris12132.50
M4_GTS1126.00

      11-29-2020, 08:49 PM   #14
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1546
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Your logic is flawed. Does it look filtered? It looks like a saturated picture under fluorescent lights. Does it still look green? Yes. It still looks green.


YOU see a picture of an orange car, however, and assume it's red that's been hit with a multitude of filters to change the color because you don't think the car could be orange because it's too early for individual colors in the life cycle. That's incorrect, as we have seen a purple (maybe twilight purple but we aren't sure) that have been produced and we have confirmation of 3 fire orange requests that were approved and are pending. Furthermore, we know BMW has allowed individual colors to be produced for employees and those employees have taken delivery of G80s and G82s.

You presume quite a bit, and when I corrected you, you took it personally.

I'm glad you can confirm with a blurry picture we are looking on fire orange here. In this case we should see more pictures soon, let's catch up once more pictures are on the internet with the same plate.

I'm not saying you are wrong but saying nobody so far confirmed the name of the color in the first picture. The quality of the picture is horrible and color looks off.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 11:24 AM   #15
Drew10
Second Lieutenant
Drew10's Avatar
320
Rep
296
Posts

Drives: 2005 M3
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Damn it! 2020 brought back the gold dress / blue dress debate.



Can't this be solved with a listing of the currently available standard, optional and individual colors in different regions? The car appears to be for the German market.
__________________
"You need a good bra in the carousel" ~ Sabine Schmitz
Appreciate 2
      11-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #16
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
LOW4LYF's Avatar
1546
Rep
3,408
Posts

Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: @Home

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Damn it! 2020 brought back the gold dress / blue dress debate.



Can't this be solved with a listing of the currently available standard, optional and individual colors in different regions? The car appears to be for the German market.
It's not a debate...lol

I'm just saying the standard color toronto red can look very orange in some type of lighting or when you use filters.

The picture is taken in Munich, in the Freimann Dealership.

Not saying I'm right but put my thoughts on the table...

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 12:55 PM   #17
MtnBikerChk
Registered
5
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 328i Xdrive
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

I saw an orange M3 getting a ticket Saturday. in MA - somewhere between I-84 and The MA Turnpike around 9am. It was definitely Orange
Appreciate 3
Lee808173.00
MBM340317.50

      11-30-2020, 01:00 PM   #18
AvgJoe
New Member
5
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Base
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quick question, how does someone get one of these individual colors? I like the Frozen Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 01:02 PM   #19
LeoStunz
New Member
LeoStunz's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Brooklyn, New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Looks like the standard red to me.
Are you color blind ?
__________________
Lindi G
Appreciate 5
M4_GTS1126.00
BimR78.00
MBM340317.50
specka51.50

      11-30-2020, 01:10 PM   #20
ice31
Private First Class
126
Rep
162
Posts

Drives: x3 3.0i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Looks like the standard red to me.
Lmao, bro you colour blind or?
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2020, 01:21 PM   #21
frankiebones
Lieutenant Colonel
frankiebones's Avatar
2266
Rep
1,721
Posts

Drives: M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice31 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Looks like the standard red to me.
Lmao, bro you colour blind or?
I stopped responding because I thought I was being trolled, but I'm starting to think he is colorblind.
__________________
M3 CS with M Perf Exhaust
Retired - Yas F80 - 6MT - Hex Stage 1 - MPHAS
Appreciate 4
M4_GTS1126.00
Sedan_Clan7039.50
specka51.50

      11-30-2020, 01:25 PM   #22
JustChris
General
JustChris's Avatar
Isle of Man
12133
Rep
21,161
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Uk

iTrader: (0)

Let go detective. What is the red car in the background?

X7
X1
Active Tourer

Is it in Mineral Red? Anyway if it's the X7 likely Aventurine Red. Looks red anyway and that to me make the F80 look orange.

Also to my eye it's a flat non Metalic looking finish. Toronto Red is metalic and would show a bit more colour differentiation.

Thus as it looks Orange (vs a background red car) and looks a solid finish.

I'm saying Fire Orange.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.




g80
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST