BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-26-2020, 11:27 AM   #1
EVLX3MC
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC AW/Tartufo

DIY Carbon Mirror Cap Install- p2uned mirrors

Wanted to take a moment to write up my experience with the carbon mirror caps from @p2tuned and walk others through the steps if they're thinking about doing them as well, enjoy!

First and Foremost lets talk about the product itself. The quality on these mirror caps is absolutely awesome! The weave is consistent and the finish is excellent. A nice little touch is when you receive your mirrors, you will also receive a small orange install tool so if you don't have the tool, no worries, you got one now.

Now, on to the install:

1) You will notice the small tabs on the underside of the cap, which I used for reference when inserting the small pry tool. There are also two more tabs on the inside of the cap and one up top but you do not need to try and use the tool on those, as the underside tabs are released, you will get some play in the cap and can move it side to side to release the remaining.

2) Begin at an edge slowly prying those clips, moving to the next one as they release.

3) The cap will then pop off

4) Line up the tabs for the new carbon cap and, using firm and consistent pressure, press the new cap into place.

5) 10 minutes later, you're done, easy peasy!

Hope this helps and a HUGE shout out to p2tuned for this solid product, awesome job!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      09-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #2
Influence
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVLX3MC View Post
Wanted to take a moment to write up my experience with the carbon mirror caps from @p2tuned and walk others through the steps if they're thinking about doing them as well, enjoy!

First and Foremost lets talk about the product itself. The quality on these mirror caps is absolutely awesome! The weave is consistent and the finish is excellent. A nice little touch is when you receive your mirrors, you will also receive a small orange install tool so if you don't have the tool, no worries, you got one now.

Now, on to the install:

1) You will notice the small tabs on the underside of the cap, which I used for reference when inserting the small pry tool. There are also two more tabs on the inside of the cap and one up top but you do not need to try and use the tool on those, as the underside tabs are released, you will get some play in the cap and can move it side to side to release the remaining.

2) Begin at an edge slowly prying those clips, moving to the next one as they release.

3) The cap will then pop off

4) Line up the tabs for the new carbon cap and, using firm and consistent pressure, press the new cap into place.

5) 10 minutes later, you're done, easy peasy!

Hope this helps and a HUGE shout out to p2tuned for this solid product, awesome job!!
Looks very nice and thanks for the detailed write up. Maybe I'm dense today but I can't seem to find where to buy these from?
Appreciate 1
aw3051441.50
      09-27-2020, 12:34 PM   #3
JL_X3M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M, X5 50E

Looks good, def cheaper than the factory option.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
EVLX3MC
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC AW/Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
Looks very nice and thanks for the detailed write up. Maybe I'm dense today but I can't seem to find where to buy these from?
They're available on their web page
Appreciate 0