2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding BMW Online via Bluetooth option

11-09-2016, 07:17 AM   #1
Garethdphillips
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW Online via Bluetooth option

I have a 2010 F11 in which I have removed the old business navigation and had the Pro CIC installed.

On the business system, under the services listed for my bluetooth phone, I was able to select an option for tethering, and the car would then use the phone's internet connection via bluetooth.

On my new Pro CIC, there is no such option (same phone) Nowhere in the settings menus / screen is there any reference to mobile data / tethering.

Under the phone services, I see audio, messages, hands-free.

My car has an assist subs. meaning I can use the car SIM to access BMW online (news weather etc) but for reasons explained in detail in another post, I am having problems with this following the upgrade to the pro CIC.

I would very much like to use BMW online (google search in particular, but also news, weather etc) via the phone's internet tethering if possible. There doesn't appear to be a way to enable this, yet there was definitely a reference to this on my old Business CIC.

Can anybody assist? Is it a permanent coding change to revert from combox to mobile? I would like to be able to have it go via mobile when I wish, and the car combox when I wish. At present, I cannot see any option for switching to mobile phone.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 07:34 AM   #2
Garethdphillips
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

My issue may be similar to this, as I had these options on my previous CIC

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1219194
Appreciate 0