home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-05-2022, 11:18 AM   #1
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3cx

Valvetronic valve transfer?

How do you transfer the oem spring and shaft to the valvetronic? Also what function does the valvetronic control box do differently?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 01:16 PM   #2
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac3331 View Post
How do you transfer the oem spring and shaft to the valvetronic? Also what function does the valvetronic control box do differently?
There should be a new clip in the packaging from Valvetronic. It took me a minute to find mine in the box. You don't need to transfer the old set up.

As far as I'm aware it doesn't do anything differently. Should work exactly the same unless I'm not understanding your question fully.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 02:25 PM   #3
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
There should be a new clip in the packaging from Valvetronic. It took me a minute to find mine in the box. You don't need to transfer the old set up.

As far as I'm aware it doesn't do anything differently. Should work exactly the same unless I'm not understanding your question fully.
Are the clips the rings with bent back opposing tips? If so how does that go inbetween?

If Electronic control does the same whats it's purpose in the install? Could just leave it off and run factory harness with/without cg controller?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 05:00 PM   #4
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Are the clips the rings with bent back opposing tips? If so how does that go inbetween?

If Electronic control does the same whats it's purpose in the install? Could just leave it off and run factory harness with/without cg controller?
Here is a picture of the clip. I have mine zip tied open as I want the most sound all the time. The groove on the factory valve controller solenoid then sits on the top of the clip.

I may have misunderstood your initial question on the controller. Are you talking you bought a separate after market valve controller to keep valves either fully open or fully closed at the push of a button? If so then yes it's different than factory as you control how you want valves open. Hope I answered that correctly lol. If not lets keep trying.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 06:19 PM   #5
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
Here is a picture of the clip. I have mine zip tied open as I want the most sound all the time. The groove on the factory valve controller solenoid then sits on the top of the clip.

I may have misunderstood your initial question on the controller. Are you talking you bought a separate after market valve controller to keep valves either fully open or fully closed at the push of a button? If so then yes it's different than factory as you control how you want valves open. Hope I answered that correctly lol. If not lets keep trying.
Thanks for the pic my guy. Disregard me bringing up to cg valve controller. The vavletronic module/remote inline to oem harness seems pointless?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 06:45 PM   #6
Purekoryo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
Did you get the full cat back with midpipe included? If so how was the install? How long did it take you to get it? Can't wait to get my Ti full exhaust!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 09:09 PM   #7
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purekoryo View Post
Did you get the full cat back with midpipe included? If so how was the install? How long did it take you to get it? Can't wait to get my Ti full exhaust!
Full catback. 2 hours taking our time. The piping is super easy install. Lack of instructions on the electronics
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 06:30 AM   #8
Purekoryo
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Full catback. 2 hours taking our time. The piping is super easy install. Lack of instructions on the electronics
Thanks I'd figured it's be easy. Did you have issues with the space between the midpipe and the factory brace? How many spacers/washers did you have to install on the brace to clear the midpipe? Also wanted to know how long it took to from ordering it to delivery. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 09:00 AM   #9
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks I'd figured it's be easy. Did you have issues with the space between the midpipe and the factory brace? How many spacers/washers did you have to install on the brace to clear the midpipe? Also wanted to know how long it took to from ordering it to delivery. Thanks!
No issues clearencing the brace. Just held up midpipe while other guy torqued everything and has an 1/8th at least. Took like 3 months for delivery(ordered right as their fitment issues were getting sorted).
Appreciate 1
Purekoryo519.50
      07-07-2022, 12:57 PM   #10
Purekoryo
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
No issues clearencing the brace. Just held up midpipe while other guy torqued everything and has an 1/8th at least. Took like 3 months for delivery(ordered right as their fitment issues were getting sorted).
Thanks. How does she sound now? Got any clips?
Appreciate 0