BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-20-2021, 04:33 PM   #617
androidtopp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Focus ST, 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
2013 Ford Focus  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@v3f3rris View Post
I was also on Hoegh Berlin. If parts come October, cars will have been parked for two months. Anyone know if being parked this long will create mechanical issues in a new car?
The brakes sure will be rusty, haha. I'm more worried about paint damage (but probably shouldn't be) since I'm taking my car right away to get ceramic coated, hopefully they don't have to work miracles to get it ready for that after two months of 24x7 weather exposure.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2021, 07:28 AM   #618
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidtopp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S@v3f3rris View Post
I was also on Hoegh Berlin. If parts come October, cars will have been parked for two months. Anyone know if being parked this long will create mechanical issues in a new car?
The brakes sure will be rusty, haha. I'm more worried about paint damage (but probably shouldn't be) since I'm taking my car right away to get ceramic coated, hopefully they don't have to work miracles to get it ready for that after two months of 24x7 weather exposure.
my car literally went across the whole country and came out fine with only 10 miles on the odo. I think you will be just fine. Yes, the brakes were a bit rusty but they're fine now. I have 168 miles on the car and it's been perfect! I'm dropping it off tomorrow for PPF + Tint and ceramic coating.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2021, 11:44 AM   #619
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
my car literally went across the whole country and came out fine with only 10 miles on the odo. I think you will be just fine. Yes, the brakes were a bit rusty but they're fine now. I have 168 miles on the car and it's been perfect! I'm dropping it off tomorrow for PPF + Tint and ceramic coating.
Not officially part of the week 27 crew but have been following along. This line of thinking has been growing for me. Worried about flat spots on whatever tires I get, any damage anywhere, rust that wont go away. There are other worries that I won't really know about until down the line like shortened battery lifetime (I'm sure they don't have it hooked up to a trickle charger).

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 2
      09-21-2021, 12:12 PM   #620
S@v3f3rris
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C xDrive

Has anyone that has taken delivery of the car done a test drive/inspection before signing the paperwork? Not sure how dealers customarily manage delivery for M cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 02:21 PM   #621
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aford View Post
Quote:
Not officially part of the week 27 crew but have been following along. This line of thinking has been growing for me. Worried about flat spots on whatever tires I get, any damage anywhere, rust that wont go away. There are other worries that I won't really know about until down the line like shortened battery lifetime (I'm sure they don't have it hooked up to a trickle charger).
I mean there's a warranty for that reason plus I have Ultimate Care+ so I'm not concerned. my car went from Germany to NJ to GA before finally sitting in TX for a couple of weeks so I think most will be okay if they're treated equally. I had literally like 0 gas though (range was 2 miles) off transport so like half a gallon?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 06:29 PM   #622
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I mean there's a warranty for that reason plus I have Ultimate Care+ so I'm not concerned. my car went from Germany to NJ to GA before finally sitting in TX for a couple of weeks so I think most will be okay if they're treated equally. I had literally like 0 gas though (range was 2 miles) off transport so like half a gallon?
Not so much a worry but more of a desire to not have any further hassle (related to the current hassle). Glad yours ended up a-o-k.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2021, 08:39 PM   #623
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not so much a worry but more of a desire to not have any further hassle (related to the current hassle). Glad yours ended up a-o-k.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
trust me, I get that. I just closed on my house today and I was afraid I wouldn't have my car before closing... more a mile marker for me to have it done so less worries and hassle than anything. Now, both are finally done! time to move in

I hope you get yours soon!
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
PWB152.00
JDUNITNOW3580.50
      09-21-2021, 09:29 PM   #624
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
trust me, I get that. I just closed on my house today and I was afraid I wouldn't have my car before closing... more a mile marker for me to have it done so less worries and hassle than anything. Now, both are finally done! time to move in

New house and new car in the same week, congrats! Glad you finally got it in, that was a helluva wait and trial getting it out there.

I closed just before the new year, so similar situation. Now I drive as many days a week as I can, windows down and in Sport Plus, just for the sake of it as soon as I can get away from my desk.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2021, 10:22 PM   #625
MavRick
Captain
Rep
Drives: My Wife's M

Quote:

Dope car. Dope crib. you won, my guy!!!
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2021, 08:45 AM   #626
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

New house and new car in the same week, congrats! Glad you finally got it in, that was a helluva wait and trial getting it out there.

I closed just before the new year, so similar situation. Now I drive as many days a week as I can, windows down and in Sport Plus, just for the sake of it as soon as I can get away from my desk.
I can understand that, I'm waiting to finish break in before I drive in Sport +, it's hard to resist the urge because the car really wants to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavRick View Post
Quote:

Dope car. Dope crib. you won, my guy!!!

thank you, the views out back are what made us get the house! Garage is plenty large for the car too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      09-22-2021, 12:04 PM   #627
kayt69
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' X3M

Garage List
2024 G01 X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
thank you, the views out back are what made us get the house! Garage is plenty large for the car too.
Beautiful!
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2021, 06:22 PM   #628
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayt69 View Post
Quote:
Beautiful!
thank you, moving in starting today! car is getting tinted + PPF currently too
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 10:59 PM   #629
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Congrats on the new house! We just moved as well this past week. If only my car was here already…or even built for that matter.

One of the reasons we picked our new house was due to the view and having no one behind us.
Attached Images

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 3
      09-23-2021, 08:18 AM   #630
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Congrats on the new house! We just moved as well this past week. If only my car was here already…or even built for that matter.

One of the reasons we picked our new house was due to the view and having no one behind us.
thank you, having lived in Arizona for most of my life I definitely miss the mountains. I could take a blind guess as to where they is but it would be no more accurate than showing me a cactus congratulations on the house, you ant go wrong with that at all!

I actually saw a Purple M3 the other day, except it was an F80 and in Purple Silk
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019288.50
      09-23-2021, 11:46 PM   #631
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

thank you, having lived in Arizona for most of my life I definitely miss the mountains. I could take a blind guess as to where they is but it would be no more accurate than showing me a cactus congratulations on the house, you ant go wrong with that at all!

I actually saw a Purple M3 the other day, except it was an F80 and in Purple Silk
Thanks! We are over in Ahwatukee and our backyard looks right out onto the South Mountain preserve.

Purple Silk is a great color as well. I've seen one G80 on Instagram in Purple Silk so far.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #632
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks! We are over in Ahwatukee and our backyard looks right out onto the South Mountain preserve.

Purple Silk is a great color as well. I've seen one G80 on Instagram in Purple Silk so far.
that's a nice area, I grew up in North Scottsdale so I'm familiar with where you're at. I miss the mountains but I'm okay with t greenery where I live. Purple is my second favorite color for a car behind green.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019288.50
      09-25-2021, 02:55 PM   #633
androidtopp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 Ford Focus  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
I am sending prayers or happy thoughts or positive vibes or whatever works for you to all the other week 27 people waiting on camera modules - dealer just emailed me (first proactive contact in basically the entire buying process) to tell me my car is cleared for transport. mygarage.bmwusa.com still shows "at the port" but the dealer included a screenshot of their tracking info, and the work order is cleared, ETA end of this week in Illinois. With luck, picking up this next weekend.

Anyway - Nifty and RingRing and anyone else stuck in Baltimore, let's hope this is good news across the board.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Nifty73.50
drexplode1790.50
RingRing135.00
      09-25-2021, 03:19 PM   #634
Nifty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3

Quote:
I am sending prayers or happy thoughts or positive vibes or whatever works for you to all the other week 27 people waiting on camera modules - dealer just emailed me (first proactive contact in basically the entire buying process) to tell me my car is cleared for transport. mygarage.bmwusa.com still shows "at the port" but the dealer included a screenshot of their tracking info, and the work order is cleared, ETA end of this week in Illinois. With luck, picking up this next weekend.

Anyway - Nifty and RingRing and anyone else stuck in Baltimore, let's hope this is good news across the board.
How dare you give me hope....

Appreciate you posting this, I think my work order was opened a day before yours, so HOPEFULLY, I'll see the same progress. Time to reach out to my dealer!

2022 M3 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 03:25 PM   #635
RingRing
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 G82 6MT DG/KO

Quote:

I'm am checking now! Fingers crossed

YIkes! CA is on vacation, so I won't know for a few more days…
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 04:27 PM   #636
Nifty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3

Just got confirmation from my dealer that my car was released to the carrier yesterday and should be here by months end!

2022 M3 xDrive
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2021, 04:30 PM   #637
S@v3f3rris
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C xDrive

Quote:
dealer just emailed me (first proactive contact in basically the entire buying process) to tell me my car is cleared for transport. mygarage.bmwusa.com still shows "at the port" but the dealer included a screenshot of their tracking info, and the work order is cleared, ETA end of this week in Illinois. With luck, picking up this next weekend.
I heard the same from my dealer. Hoping to take delivery in Illinois this coming week.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2021, 09:56 PM   #638
androidtopp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 Ford Focus  [0.00]
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Must have been a nice big batch of cameras, great to hear others are getting good news! Best part is, I asked my dealer what time they needed to turn the car around once it arrived,, what was a realistic date to take delivery...and was told it helps their numbers if they clear cars delivered in a given month before the end of that month. So they're incented to get the silly thing in to my hands by Thursday, apparently...don't have to twist my arm...
Appreciate 0