Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-25-2024, 04:28 PM   #23
josephx66
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
I could flip that and say it’s pretty stupid for CA to have virtuallly zero emission enforcement for the first 8 years. That’s pretty attractive to those who like to mod new cars.
Sure the 8 year exemption is a nice “perk” for new cars, but I always tend to keep my cars long term. So having to play the emissions game is always in the back of my head. I have a built 2000 Ford Lightning making nearly 700hp that I’ve had to register out of state for this reason.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 06:21 PM   #24
Info@mad-us.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
Yep, technically and legally. You must square your personal morals with bending/breaking emission laws and the risk of getting state reffed by a curious CHP officer or pop up smog checkpoints. Sounds like OP is not willing to do that, respect, but unfortunately no products in the past several years have pursued a CARB cert. I think it’s a dead option, at least for anything that would actually add power or sound.
Jumping through numerous hoops and spending tens of thousands of dollars to certify every version of a product, with no flexibility for future modifications without restarting the certification process. Hard pass

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 04-25-2024 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
Hit_Apex2373.50