Closed Thread

10-14-2021, 12:07 PM   #45
CitizenX
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post

So……what are your thoughts on Kyrie? Should the Nets trade him since they’ve taken the extension off the table?
If I had enacted a rule that caused an important employee of mine to quit, I would have no choice but to replace them however I would be sure to keep the door open to re-hire them should they change their mind or the circumstances change. If people wake up, all of this mandate BS will be history in a few months.

The real question here is, how long will this last? Will we soon be having discussions on how "boneheaded" the players are that refused their SIXTH booster shot and to just get on board and get the damn sixth shot along with discussions on how the people that stopped at 5 booster shots are ruining the world for everyone?

You may wash that off as hyperbole however Isreal is already on its THIRD mandatory booster shot. We are soon to follow.

Everyone has a number, for Kyrie it was 0. How many shots until you say enough is enough? 3, 6, 10? This will not stop until people wake up. India found the answer to all of this months ago, and answer you will never hear about here in the US media but it is right there, hidden in plain sight.
Appreciate 2
EnVe461037.50
      10-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #46
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
I wouldn't have to worry about not paying an employee for not injecting themselves with a vaccine, I wouldn't ask them to. So your question can't be answered, not sure why you're implying my stance when it's a moot point

To answer what Nets should do, they should ask themselves what's the best decision for the team? If that's without him, move on.

For Kyrie, he should do whatever he feels is necessary and matches his personal beliefs, flat earth and all. It's his right to choose.
I have no issues with Kyrie’s beliefs and he can do with whatever makes him at peace/happy. The problem is that the Nets cannot move on from him as of yet. The mandates may change in January in NYC so the Nets are keeping that hope alive but with this guy, you just don’t know what’s in his head. Like I’ve said before, he can get the jab, come back and play well and then all of a sudden, an asteroid is slightly off course and Kyrie will take offense to it and take another 2 week sabbatical in the middle of a championship run.

Plus, he might flat out retire if he’s traded or refuse to report which will put a dent in any hopes of trading him. You just don’t know with him but I think if the Nets get off to a great start w/o him, he’ll want to get back on the court.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      10-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #47
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
I have no issues with Kyrie’s beliefs and he can do with whatever makes him at peace/happy. The problem is that the Nets cannot move on from him as of yet. The mandates may change in January in NYC so the Nets are keeping that hope alive but with this guy, you just don’t know what’s in his head. Like I’ve said before, he can get the jab, come back and play well and then all of a sudden, an asteroid is slightly off course and Kyrie will take offense to it and take another 2 week sabbatical in the middle of a championship run.

Plus, he might flat out retire if he’s traded or refuse to report which will put a dent in any hopes of trading him. You just don’t know with him but I think if the Nets get off to a great start w/o him, he’ll want to get back on the court.
Understood, but if I'm the Nets, I can't sit by and wait. And if the contract is preventing them from moving on, the NBA needs to make a decision on what organizations can do. It's certainly not the organization's fault. If Im understanding everything correctly, its not the Nets who are forcing the vaccine, its NYC. Can't Kyrie play in away games?

Now where it is the Nets fault is choosing to stick by a player with known off court issues. Clearly, based off previous issues, he may be struggling with something internally, but they chose his ability over that so in that essence, that IS on the Nets.
      10-14-2021, 12:39 PM   #48
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenX View Post
The level of idiocy in this thread is incredible. Now watch as I induce a extreme level of cognitive dissonance into you vaccine mandate DRONES with a few simple pictures.

FOUR TIMES OUR POPULATION

ONE THIRD OUR LAND MASS

ONE QUARTER THE VACCINATION RATE

ONE QUARTER THE COVID CASES

Do the Math and wake the hell up.
What makes you think India is correctly reporting cases and deaths related to COVID? Have you seen or been to rural India?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:42 PM   #49
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
What makes you think India is correctly reporting cases and deaths? Have you seen or been to rural India?
Lol, what makes you think the US is?
Appreciate 4
EnVe461037.50
f8xdct158.00
      10-14-2021, 12:43 PM   #50
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Do me a favor and not turn this into another damn vaccine thread per se. We've already had enough of that so I'd like to stick to the main subject which is Kyrie Irving and the Nets, not statistical charts, etc.

If you want to debate the merits of getting vaccinated or not, I'm sure there are some others that would enjoy starting another thread. It would likely get locked or deleted like most of the others but.....
Didn't think this one through, did you? Seriously dude..it's your thread....about vaccine mandates. And now you don't want us to talk about vaccine mandates?

Honestly, where did you THINK this was going to go?????
Appreciate 3
      10-14-2021, 12:45 PM   #51
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post
The US is much is more likely to be accurate than India. You and I both know this. To even begin to suggest that India is as accurately reporting COVID deaths and cases as America is, is frankly preposterous.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #52
CitizenX
Banned
Rep

Quote:
What makes you think India is correctly reporting cases and deaths related to COVID? Have you seen or been to rural India?

Yes I have, my business depends on it. But you go ahead and keep that cognitive dissonance going, don't hurt your pretty little head about it anymore.
Appreciate 1
EnVe461037.50
      10-14-2021, 12:53 PM   #53
CitizenX
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The US is much is more likely to be accurate than India. You and I both know this. To even begin to suggest that India is as accurately reporting COVID deaths and cases as America is, is frankly preposterous.
Yes mindless drone, keep believing that. Independent thought is tough no? Frankly to suggest that the US Media, the SAME US media that tells you a powerful NOBLE winning, HUMAN drug is horse paste, is not on the side of BILLIONS of dollars is absolutely pathetic. You have been lied to, either wake up or go back to sleep and be a good little drone.

Last edited by CitizenX; 10-14-2021 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 2
EnVe461037.50
      10-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #54
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's certainly not the organization's fault. If Im understanding everything correctly, its not the Nets who are forcing the vaccine, its NYC. Can't Kyrie play in away games?

Now where it is the Nets fault is choosing to stick by a player with known off court issues. Clearly, based off previous issues, he may be struggling with something internally, but they chose his ability over that so in that essence, that IS on the Nets.
Correct, NYC has been enforcing this mandate for all indoor sporting venues. Kyrie can play road games, however, the Nets chose that with him being in/out of the lineup, it’ll cause distractions and there won’t be any continuity. Therefore, they are paying him every road game while he stays away. There’s hope that the mandates may be lifted when a new NYC mayor takes the office in January so the Nets are hoping that happens and/or he gets the jab.

I was thinking that the Nets should call his bluff about threatening to retire if he were traded and just trade him to the Rockets for John Wall. Nets would actually have to make the salaries match as Wall makes about $10M more but I think a healthy Wall is better than a risky Kyrie who might not ever play for the Nets again.
Appreciate 1
EnVe461037.50
      10-14-2021, 01:02 PM   #55
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Correct, NYC has been enforcing this mandate for all indoor sporting venues. Kyrie can play road games, however, the Nets chose that with him being in/out of the lineup, it’ll cause distractions and there won’t be any continuity. Therefore, they are paying him every road game while he stays away. There’s hope that the mandates may be lifted when a new NYC mayor takes the office in January so the Nets are hoping that happens and/or he gets the jab.

I was thinking that the Nets should call his bluff about threatening to retire if he were traded and just trade him to the Rockets for John Wall. Nets would actually have to make the salaries match as Wall makes about $10M more but I think a healthy Wall is better than a risky Kyrie who might not ever play for the Nets again.
You lost me on trading as I know NOTHING about basketball hahaha

However, I think the Nets are making the right call. Having played Soccer/Hockey, having one player, regardless of skillset, in and out of line up is the right call.

My question, why wouldn't he want to be traded if that meant he could play?
      10-14-2021, 01:09 PM   #56
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You lost me on trading as I know NOTHING about basketball hahaha

However, I think the Nets are making the right call. Having played Soccer/Hockey, having one player, regardless of skillset, in and out of line up is the right call.

My question, why wouldn't he want to be traded if that meant he could play?
He’s from NJ and claims he grew up a Nets fan. Trading him to the 76er’s for Ben Simmons was mentioned but:

1. 76er’s don’t want Kyrie because of how he is (taking time off even before the mandates)

2. Ben Simmons (speculation) isn’t vaccinated so it’ll be the same issue with the Nets/Kyrie now.

3. Kyrie could just retire.

However, in his 1/2 hour session last night he said he doesn’t want to retire and that he’ll stay in shape and hope for the best. But Philadelphia isn’t a far commute to where he lives in Southern NJ and I think he would do just as well there as in NJ but again, Ben Simmons is most likely not vaccinated and that’s where those talks will end.
Appreciate 1
EnVe461037.50
      10-14-2021, 01:10 PM   #57
Bonk!
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 235i m

Because he's an attention seeking contrarian.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 01:17 PM   #58
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
Because he's an attention seeking contrarian.
He did the Celtics wrong, that much is true.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 01:30 PM   #59
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
So you made a post about an athlete/employee refusing to take a vaccine and then you don't want anymore to talk about the vaccine?

Christ.

The reality is, mandates of any kind are ridiculous. You can't argue for one individual right of their body their choice for one topic and force vaccines on another topic. It's beyond infuriating to constantly see this hypocrisy thrown in our faces. I respect Kyrie, SW pilots, and anyone else who stands up to this nonsense and over stepping government.
No, I don't need to see statistics about effectiveness of a vaccine. In your later posts you've seem to have caught on to that. What I'm implying is that there have been very specific "vaccine" threads in the OT forum and most of them went to shit because it got overly political and people began ragging on each other about you name it.

Of course the general subject of the vaccine is perhaps pertinent under the circumstances with Kyrie and the Nets organization, etc. Just didn't want it to turn into a shit show about details specific to the vaccine itself. One's position on the subject of vaccination or not is fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 01:34 PM   #60
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Didn't think this one through, did you? Seriously dude..it's your thread....about vaccine mandates. And now you don't want us to talk about vaccine mandates?

Honestly, where did you THINK this was going to go?????
Oh I don't know but I can always assume that you're going to be on the exact opposite of anything I post because that seems to be your deal. I just explained it in a separate post. In case you didn't fully comprehend, I requested not to talk specifically about the vaccine itself for the aforementioned reasons, not about the stance on the subject of getting vaccinated or not.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 01:35 PM   #61
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I agree with this.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 01:56 PM   #62
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
No, I don't need to see statistics about effectiveness of a vaccine. In your later posts you've seem to have caught on to that. What I'm implying is that there have been very specific "vaccine" threads in the OT forum and most of them went to shit because it got overly political and people began ragging on each other about you name it.

Of course the general subject of the vaccine is perhaps pertinent under the circumstances with Kyrie and the Nets organization, etc. Just didn't want it to turn into a shit show about details specific to the vaccine itself. One's position on the subject of vaccination or not is fine.
Fair enough, you just can't expect for that to NOT come up, as the people who support Kyrie are the same ones who are against it. This will then turn into why they are against mandates, political puppets get brought up and here we go... In fairness, if there weren't mandates this would be a nonissue and there would be no thread discussing it.

If you want my opinion on professional sports in general, this is why the mostly suck. Its no longer about sports. Its no longer enjoyable. Its a platform for pandering and pushing agendas. The NFL sucks now. Im a diehard Steelers fan and don't care anymore. Im worn out of all the bullshit and politics/covid has made it even worse. So, there's my response while avoiding vaccine and political bullshit
      10-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #63
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
the people who support Kyrie are the same ones who are against it.
Not always true. I support his decision. I support his consequences. I am fully vaxxed, as is all my immediate family members.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 02:09 PM   #64
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Fair enough, you just can't expect for that to NOT come up, as the people who support Kyrie are the same ones who are against it. This will then turn into why they are against mandates, political puppets get brought up and here we go... In fairness, if there weren't mandates this would be a nonissue and there would be no thread discussing it.

If you want my opinion on professional sports in general, this is why the mostly suck. Its no longer about sports. Its no longer enjoyable. Its a platform for pandering and pushing agendas. The NFL sucks now. Im a diehard Steelers fan and don't care anymore. Im worn out of all the bullshit and politics/covid has made it even worse. So, there's my response while avoiding vaccine and political bullshit
This is fair too.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 02:14 PM   #65
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Not always true. I support his decision. I support his consequences. I am fully vaxxed, as is all my immediate family members.
I guess I should have clarified, most people who support him are also against the mandates. MOST people.

But you're right, shouldn't assume
UncleWede17872.50
      10-14-2021, 03:48 PM   #66
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenX View Post
The level of idiocy in this thread is incredible. Now watch as I induce a extreme level of cognitive dissonance into you vaccine mandate DRONES with a few simple pictures.

FOUR TIMES OUR POPULATION

ONE THIRD OUR LAND MASS

ONE QUARTER THE VACCINATION RATE

ONE QUARTER THE COVID CASES

Do the Math and wake the hell up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post

You are cherry picking numbers to suit your pov.
333M vs 1.39B population

Yet India as much poorer country (3rd world) has only conducted 587M tests vs USA at 665M tests.

So there is the flaw in your logic, India conducts way less testing per 1M/population. 420,546 test for every 1M.

Yet the US has 1,994,513 test for every 1M.

Think about those numbers for a second.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread