NKGK20
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M , G80 on

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKGK20 View Post
Yea…it's like Jb4 has been working pretty good.. I would have to have another car and be willing to let my ECU go for two weeks
Just don't be like the guy I saw that drove to the post office, pulled his DME, shipped it, then realized he couldn't start his car to drive home
Lol dead
Appreciate 5
Limegrntaln13024.50
kern4174442.00
tarrant64116.00
siegester341.00
Gdiddy23905.50
      09-16-2021, 10:21 PM   #24
NKGK20
Captain
Rep

Here's what they got …please click lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
mattburks750.50
kern4174442.00
02M3ForMe4255.50
      09-16-2021, 10:35 PM   #25
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Id love to just see pump #s. That is cool though.

Last edited by mattssi; 09-16-2021 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
Neophyte158.00
      09-17-2021, 12:30 AM   #26
Levanime
BimECU
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. Because the first thing I would think, is, if the DME is unlocked, you should be able to easily clear a code.
no problem,
that video was taken few minutes after I managed to start the car, it was still on the tow trailer (Original DME still was overseas) as they towed the car to my shop, after reading the code connections were double-checked and one of them (next to the dme, engine side) was loose.

There was no ready tune for this car so we wrote stock file back just to show that it can be written thru "bench" connection

It means its open for any tuning platform, ecutek, mhd, bm3, mgflasher, etc.

--------------------------
I will add something here:

I believe the breakthrough made by femtoevo is not enough appreciated,
In terms of technical difficulty, it may not be clear for someone not to know how these things work, but what they accomplished is actually above and beyond of what professionals of this particular field could imagine, because of the level of protection that was added in 06.2020
to make it more clear, Cloning these dmes - what I offer - is pretty much nothing in comparison to what they do - technically wise

Last edited by Levanime; 09-17-2021 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 4
kern4174442.00
02M3ForMe4255.50
Holset266.50
Limegrntaln13024.50
      09-17-2021, 01:14 PM   #27
whatnotsomuchf80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

GTP Motorsports were nice enough to answer my q's on ig. They're aiming for 750 crank hp w just downpipes and an E85 tune. And they say the car can handle full E85 which is a great sign.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13024.50
      09-17-2021, 02:19 PM   #28
CMW33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnotsomuchf80 View Post
GTP Motorsports were nice enough to answer my q's on ig. They're aiming for 750 crank hp w just downpipes and an E85 tune. And they say the car can handle full E85 which is a great sign.
We are gonna see some stunning numbers if the motor can take advantage of full E85
Appreciate 2
      09-17-2021, 02:45 PM   #29
tsixtial
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

I hope a flex fuel system gets released for our cars.
Appreciate 2
      09-17-2021, 04:24 PM   #30
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanime View Post
no problem,
that video was taken few minutes after I managed to start the car, it was still on the tow trailer (Original DME still was overseas) as they towed the car to my shop, after reading the code connections were double-checked and one of them (next to the dme, engine side) was loose.

There was no ready tune for this car so we wrote stock file back just to show that it can be written thru "bench" connection

It means its open for any tuning platform, ecutek, mhd, bm3, mgflasher, etc.

--------------------------
I will add something here:

I believe the breakthrough made by femtoevo is not enough appreciated,
In terms of technical difficulty, it may not be clear for someone not to know how these things work, but what they accomplished is actually above and beyond of what professionals of this particular field could imagine, because of the level of protection that was added in 06.2020
to make it more clear, Cloning these dmes - what I offer - is pretty much nothing in comparison to what they do - technically wise
I always appreciate anyone, anytime people are modding these cars, when they're are so new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnotsomuchf80 View Post
Thats awesome. I'd asked if this car was going to always need pi. But apparently thats not going to be the case. And we already know the stock motor an handle 750.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
We are gonna see some stunning numbers if the motor can take advantage of full E85
I cant wait to see whats in store.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 04:54 PM   #31
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsixtial View Post
I hope a flex fuel system gets released for our cars.
Yes. Definitely need flex fuel. Fuck that switching back and forth.
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2021, 03:25 AM   #32
tsixtial
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Yes. Definitely need flex fuel. Fuck that switching back and forth.
I couldn’t agree with you more!
Appreciate 1
bgexpress334.50
      09-19-2021, 07:10 AM   #33
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

Typically "flex fuel" options are not truly flex fuel. There is a range of ethanol content deemed to be safe on a particular tune (i.e. e60-e85). It IS possible, but most tuners, at least outside of the bimmer world, stick with a range.

It is great to hear the stock fueling system can handle full e85. My plan (I have a 22 X3M Comp lci) is to keep it right around e70 for some buffer and run catless downpipes, intake, ethanol sensor and colder ngk plugs. I'd imagine this setup would net low 10s in yhe G80 and high 9s with good DA where traction is not an issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 09:50 AM   #34
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Typically "flex fuel" options are not truly flex fuel. There is a range of ethanol content deemed to be safe on a particular tune (i.e. e60-e85). It IS possible, but most tuners, at least outside of the bimmer world, stick with a range.

It is great to hear the stock fueling system can handle full e85. My plan (I have a 22 X3M Comp lci) is to keep it right around e70 for some buffer and run catless downpipes, intake, ethanol sensor and colder ngk plugs. I'd imagine this setup would net low 10s in yhe G80 and high 9s with good DA where traction is not an issue.
To me when I say my car is flex fuel, It means I can put in 93 octane or E-85 and not have to switch maps. It can run anything at anytime. That's what I would want for any car running Ethanol. Of course I have different maps for E-85 in my GTR. Don't need to be on kill map all the time. I only run 93 in my F-82
Appreciate 1
Remonster821.00
      09-19-2021, 10:02 AM   #35
NKGK20
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

To me when I say my car is flex fuel, It means I can put in 93 octane or E-85 and not have to switch maps. It can run anything at anytime. That's what I would want for any car running Ethanol. Of course I have different maps for E-85 in my GTR. Don't need to be on kill map all the time. I only run 93 in my F-82
Thanks for letting us know you have a Gtr!
Appreciate 3
      09-19-2021, 11:48 AM   #36
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Quote:
My son has this on his STI. He can run anything from 91 to full E85. No app to calculate or "ranges" to stay in. This is what we need for this car.
Appreciate 1
Remonster821.00
      09-19-2021, 11:55 AM   #37
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for letting us know you are a douche nozzle:-) It was just a reference. Happy Sunday chief
Appreciate 3
      09-19-2021, 11:58 AM   #38
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Quote:
My son has this on his STI. He can run anything from 91 to full E85. No app to calculate or "ranges" to stay in. This is what we need for this car.
Makes life so much easier!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #39
NKGK20
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for letting us know you are a douche nozzle:-) It was just a reference. Happy Sunday chief
It was a compliment clown bag! Happy Sunday!
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2021, 12:40 PM   #40
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I apologize then ninja. I took it the wrong way. Go Eagles!! 😘🕊
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2021, 12:51 PM   #41
Odinsrighthand
Private
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, G80 M3C

So can someone explain what cloning means? Is it taking the contents of the ECU and writing them into an ECU with less restrictive counter measures? Leaving you with your original ECU and another earlier build ECU? I'm a bit confused.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 02:06 PM   #42
NKGK20
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I apologize then ninja. I took it the wrong way. Go Eagles!! 😘🕊
Go bears! 🐻
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #43
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Quote:
Makes life so much easier!!!
This is the only way I would run E.
      09-19-2021, 02:33 PM   #44
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinsrighthand View Post
So can someone explain what cloning means? Is it taking the contents of the ECU and writing them into an ECU with less restrictive counter measures? Leaving you with your original ECU and another earlier build ECU? I'm a bit confused.
I am also curious about the cloning process.