G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

09-09-2021, 04:32 AM   #1
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

***Covered Bridge and Fall foliage drive, Bucks County PA ***CANCELLED***

***Please see updated post regarding road and bridge conditions for the tour. As a result, the tour will have to be cancelled.***

Back for the third installment of Bucks County drives this year! The details and route are still being worked out but mark your calenders. We will be beginning the drive from the Panera Bread at the Valley Square Shopping Center in Warrington PA (where Deutsche Auto-kaffee Gruppe meets for Cars and Coffee). Departing at 10:15am on Saturday October 23rd and driving to...and through some very scenic covered bridges throughout Bucks County. This drive is open to all German sports car enthusiasts.

Meet: Behind Panera Bread at the Valley Square Shopping Center
1521 N Main St, Warrington, PA 18976
Date/Time: Saturday October 23rd at 10:15am
(Rain Date Sunday October 24th at 10:15am)

More details to follow...
Attached Images

Last edited by Slowphiveo; 09-17-2021 at 02:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4255.50
      09-11-2021, 04:00 PM   #2
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Count me in
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 02:00 AM   #3
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

I drove (or should say attempted to drive) the pre-planned route yesterday and unfortunately this area is still reeling from the effects of Hurricane Ida. Many of the connector bridges along the cruise route are not passable and are closed due to failures. I ended up giving up after driving around for nearly 4 hours trying to piece together a decent route, and its just not really possible. It is my understanding that many of the bridges will be closed until spring for repairs. So as a result, I'm sad to say that the covered bridge tour will be cancelled.
Appreciate 2
M3exDeo188.50
      09-17-2021, 12:30 PM   #4
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphiveo View Post
I drove (or should say attempted to drive) the pre-planned route yesterday and unfortunately this area is still reeling from the effects of Hurricane Ida. Many of the connector bridges along the cruise route are not passable and are closed due to failures. I ended up giving up after driving around for nearly 4 hours trying to piece together a decent route, and its just not really possible. It is my understanding that many of the bridges will be closed until spring for repairs. So as a result, I'm sad to say that the covered bridge tour will be cancelled.
Bridge repairs don't seem to happen quickly around here even in the best of times. There's a bridge detour near me on a small road that has been "in progress" for the last four or five months.
Appreciate 0