Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
KevinMO91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

Anyone order the Valvetronic Midpipe?

I just ordered the Valvetronic midpipe yesterday and trying to get an idea of the wait/lead times other people experienced. I didn't get a confirmation/order yet and if shows my order on the website paid for but unfulfilled. I don't wanna nag support and I don't mind a wait.

Looking for other people's experience with it as well. I already read the other post on this midpipe as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 09:49 AM   #2
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

I ordered it too a few weeks back and asked them for an ETA and they said they now have the materials and they're in production so should be 4 or 5 weeks

I think some folks that ordered them back in April only took delivery this week. I think there was supply issues with materials that are hopefully subsiding now
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #3
BMWEM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMO91 View Post
I just ordered the Valvetronic midpipe yesterday and trying to get an idea of the wait/lead times other people experienced. I didn't get a confirmation/order yet and if shows my order on the website paid for but unfulfilled. I don't wanna nag support and I don't mind a wait.

Looking for other people's experience with it as well. I already read the other post on this midpipe as well.
Ordered mine in early April and just arrived. Installing today. I think they had a shortage of 3.5” piping that was taking a long time from their supplier. FYI also didn’t get a confirmation email or order number or anything and had to keep emailing them.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 04:53 PM   #4
KevinMO91
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
I ordered it too a few weeks back and asked them for an ETA and they said they now have the materials and they're in production so should be 4 or 5 weeks

I think some folks that ordered them back in April only took delivery this week. I think there was supply issues with materials that are hopefully subsiding now
Damn, I guess it's good I ordered now. I was gonna wait until next month, but it seems like I won't see it until next month anyway. First world problems. I'm dying to have a midpipe, I can't stand factory exhaust sound and volume.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 10:12 PM   #5
BMWEM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn, I guess it's good I ordered now. I was gonna wait until next month, but it seems like I won't see it until next month anyway. First world problems. I'm dying to have a midpipe, I can't stand factory exhaust sound and volume.
Installed mine today. Worth the wait, sounds incredible and really wakes up the G80
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 10:58 PM   #6
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWEM3 View Post
Quote:
Installed mine today. Worth the wait, sounds incredible and really wakes up the G80
What do you think it does to tone? Sounds in the videos like it provides a mean sounding higher pitch at higher revs, does it sound similar in real life?

I ordered mine a few weeks ago, trying to not get too impatient to have it arrive...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 12:28 AM   #7
BMWEM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
What do you think it does to tone? Sounds in the videos like it provides a mean sounding higher pitch at higher revs, does it sound similar in real life?

I ordered mine a few weeks ago, trying to not get too impatient to have it arrive...
That’s exactly right. Mean and deeper higher pitch at higher revs and a really nice low growl at lower revs. Definitely got some burbles back too which were missing in the oem exhaust. But it’s not overpowering and really well toned. Sounds really nice in the car but I was blown away when I pulled up to my golf course and listened as the valet guy drove it away. Absolutely incredible. My shop took some great photos and videos and will post once they are edited.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50
      09-09-2021, 12:55 AM   #8
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That’s exactly right. Mean and deeper higher pitch at higher revs and a really nice low growl at lower revs. Definitely got some burbles back too which were missing in the oem exhaust. But it’s not overpowering and really well toned. Sounds really nice in the car but I was blown away when I pulled up to my golf course and listened as the valet guy drove it away. Absolutely incredible. My shop took some great photos and videos and will post once they are edited.
Oh man that sounds good. I almost went with PSI after finding the initial Valvetronic video underwhelming, but then some other videos dropped from the first couple of installs and I pulled the trigger immediately.

Still trying to work out how I'll explain it to my wife. She flat out told me when I got the car not to be one of those assholes who puts a really loud exhaust on the car. I'm thinking there'll be lots of staying in efficient mode when I'm within a block or two of the house.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 02:20 AM   #9
BMWEM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh man that sounds good. I almost went with PSI after finding the initial Valvetronic video underwhelming, but then some other videos dropped from the first couple of installs and I pulled the trigger immediately.

Still trying to work out how I'll explain it to my wife. She flat out told me when I got the car not to be one of those assholes who puts a really loud exhaust on the car. I'm thinking there'll be lots of staying in efficient mode when I'm within a block or two of the house.
Haha. Honestly it’s really subtle unless your in sport or sport+ with valves open. That’s the beauty of it. You’ll be good!!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 05:38 AM   #10
barryc365
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Haha. Honestly it’s really subtle unless your in sport or sport+ with valves open. That’s the beauty of it. You’ll be good!!
Just what I wanted to hear.

I was worried it'd be too loud.

Can't wait to get mine.

Was yours the one fitted in the Stance Shop yesterday? I'll be using Keith too
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #11
savi01
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3C

For those that have the midpipe installed; is there any drone while just cruising down the highway? Love the sound but I also have a long commute to the office, just want to make sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 01:31 AM   #12
BMWEM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by savi01 View Post
For those that have the midpipe installed; is there any drone while just cruising down the highway? Love the sound but I also have a long commute to the office, just want to make sure.
Nope, no drone. It’s a really really smooth sound on the highway. Love the subtle burbs in sport+ While in stop and go traffic too!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 02:53 AM   #13
savi01
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3C

Quote:
Nope, no drone. It’s a really really smooth sound on the highway. Love the subtle burbs in sport+ While in stop and go traffic too!!!!
Awesome! I'll definitely be ordering this once my car is here.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 07:13 PM   #14
BMWEM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Can't wait to get mine.

No I’m in San Diego and used a performance shop in my area. Guy has been a long time BMW M certified mechanic that went solo to open his own shop. Install seemed pretty straight forward although the brace/skid plate on the bottom isn’t able to go back on without a spacer. I have a note out to valvetronic to see about it but their customer service is awful. Not the end of the world and I can have my shop fabricate it but would love to see if they can send something over.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 08:16 PM   #15
barryc365
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Can't wait to get mine.

No I’m in San Diego and used a performance shop in my area. Guy has been a long time BMW M certified mechanic that went solo to open his own shop. Install seemed pretty straight forward although the brace/skid plate on the bottom isn’t able to go back on without a spacer. I have a note out to valvetronic to see about it but their customer service is awful. Not the end of the world and I can have my shop fabricate it but would love to see if they can send something over.
Yeah the guys with the PSI had a Similar issue. One of them just used some oversized washers to space it out. Maybe your guy can do something like that. It is annoying though if these things are not included
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 12:38 AM   #16
BMWEM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah the guys with the PSI had a Similar issue. One of them just used some oversized washers to space it out. Maybe your guy can do something like that. It is annoying though if these things are not included
Very annoying…. FYI here is a shot of the installed piece.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 06:45 AM   #17
barryc365
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Very annoying…. FYI here is a shot of the installed piece.
Did you talk to Valvetronic? They and PSI should make an adjustment if the brace is for rigidity. It's not something you really want to mess with? It should fit back on without modifying it you would like to think
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #18
BMWEM3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you talk to Valvetronic? They and PSI should make an adjustment if the brace is for rigidity. It's not something you really want to mess with? It should fit back on without modifying it you would like to think
Yes I contacted them and they asked for pics because they hadn’t encountered the issue before. There are only a handful of folks who have these systems installed so far so I imagine that’s why. I’m awaiting a response but so far am a little unimpressed with the lack of customer service. Worst case scenario my shop will help fabricate a spacer to correct the issue but it shouldn’t be that way…
Appreciate 1
barryc3651947.00
      09-15-2021, 08:15 PM   #19
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

For people who have recently received their VT mid-pipe, what was your order date? It sounds as though first batch has shipped (from orders way back in ~April), but I'm still doubtful on whether they are rolling out in any significant numbers
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 08:59 PM   #20
KevinMO91
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For people who have recently received their VT mid-pipe, what was your order date? It sounds as though first batch has shipped (from orders way back in ~April), but I'm still doubtful on whether they are rolling out in any significant numbers
I'm curious too. I ordered last week and I don't mind a couple more weeks but I don't feel like waiting 2 plus months. I already feel like the price on these midpipes are downright disrespectful more so when you consider how they price midpipes for other models for half the price, so to add months of waiting along with hearing about the fitment issues now is just mindblowing.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 09:04 PM   #21
barryc365
Major
Rep

I asked about the fitment issues reported here when enquiring about expected delivery. They said the fitment issues seems to be a installation error as they have not seen the issue on other cars but they are looking in to it

As for delivery they said to hang tight and they are working hard on getting them out but no specifics on delivery
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 10:26 PM   #22
G80SWFL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 bmw m3

Quote:
I asked about the fitment issues reported here when enquiring about expected delivery. They said the fitment issues seems to be a installation error as they have not seen the issue on other cars but they are looking in to it

As for delivery they said to hang tight and they are working hard on getting them out but no specifics on delivery
That's translation for we don't know when we are gonna get your order just keep waiting. Seems like they don't build enough to have any in stock and outsource every order (long wait times) I could be wrong lol
Appreciate 0