Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

09-06-2021, 06:28 PM   #1
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
So far— I've purchased the M Performance Carbon side markers and IND front painted reflector delete piece. I think I'm going to leave the rear alone- red. It matches my grey/ gloss black and carbon/ red color-scheme…

In brief, my car is a week 40 production, G80 xDrive in Brooklyn Grey with full leather in Fiona red, black 826M wheels, red calipers and the carbon exterior package (amongst other options)

Im trying to decide whether to get the carbon door sills or not… I like them and they would match the floor mats I plan to buy.
Can someone take a photo of the stock ones?

Still need to buy:
Front, lower lip (going cheap here since it's in harm's way). Im not opposed to a gloss black lower lip /non carbon fiber option. Anyone know of any nice looking, inexpensive options here that'd go nicely with BG? I've been watching the Amazon lip thread in the other section. My car will have the carbon exterior package already and as stated, the M performance carbon side markers.

M Performance floor mats (I don't like the Fiona red piping along the edge on the mats that come with the car)

Carbon fiber front and rear roundel (whenever back in stock— any idea when??)

Carbon fiber roundel center wheel caps (also when back in stock)

Door projector lights- I want to install in all four doors. Do our cars already have the projector light capability and all I need are the M Performace slides? Or, do I need to buy the projector lights? I see the ones on the the IND site (pictured) - 50mm. I'm assuming those are for the front doors. Will the 50 mm size work for the rear doors too?

The car will be going from dealer to detail shop for full xpel and ceramic coating - as well as xpel window tint on all windows.

Later on, I will mess with the exhaust. Will likely just do a mid pipe. First things first- the cosmetic side.

Any other cosmetic mods people recommend?

I appreciate any help from those knowledgeable/already in possession of their new, G80!
Thanks again!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
krakenXIV
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: G82 '21 / Mini SE '22

Hey,

Newbie M4 owner here.

M Performance floor mats (I don't like the Fiona red piping along the edge on the mats that come with the car)

- Got them, love them however would have considered a full custom leather or weather proof solution in hindsight.

- will get a notification from IND when they are available again. Would recommend emailing them about it.

- same as above

Door projector lights- I want to install in all four doors. Do our cars already have the projector light capability and all I need are the M Performace slides? Or, do I need to buy the projector lights? I see the ones on the the IND site (pictured) - 50mm. I'm assuming those are for the front doors. Will the 50 mm size work for the rear doors too?

You’ll need both the projectors and the lens you want.
You’ll pop out the old ones and replace them. I do believe they work in the front and back but double check with IND.

The car will be going from dealer to detail shop for full xpel and ceramic coating - as well as xpel window tint on all windows.

In all honesty; think about PPF for the front perhaps even more so than a coating. I’ve got a coating and no PPF. I would have preferred this over a coating (or both).

Later on, I will mess with the exhaust. Will likely just do a mid pipe. First things first- the cosmetic side.

- Carbon aftermarket tips are nice (I like mine)

- recommend depends on what you like but what I did;

R44 ducktail spoiler
BMW performance carbon front lip
Carbon sharkfin (roof)
Bimmerplug Carbon exhaust tips
IND painted Carbon side fenders (2 stripes of color)
Raceseng custom painted shift knob (São Paulo yellow)
Swapped all M4 badges to black variants
Carbon door sills
M4 door projectors
Tommy’s garage mud flaps
Carbon license plate holder
MSS coil overs / IND spacers
Reflectors swapped for matched paint (IND)

Will likely still swap/replace;

Carbon roundels (including front, back + camera, wheel roundels)
Carbon side fenders
Carbon back trim pieces
Fully custom steering wheel
Painted brace bars in engine bay (same as car)
Engine carbon top cover (when available)
Paint cat (Matt black) OR find a whole new carbon piece also hiding the cat
Appreciate 3
      09-07-2021, 04:37 PM   #3
krakenXIV
Private
Portugal
Rep

[QUOTE=RockinPA;28004857]

Im trying to decide whether to get the carbon door sills or not… I like them and they would match the floor mats I plan to buy.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      09-08-2021, 11:48 AM   #4
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakenXIV View Post
Hey,

Newbie M4 owner here.

- Got them, love them however would have considered a full custom leather or weather proof solution in hindsight.

- will get a notification from IND when they are available again. Would recommend emailing them about it.

- same as above

You'll need both the projectors and the lens you want.
You'll pop out the old ones and replace them. I do believe they work in the front and back but double check with IND.

In all honesty; think about PPF for the front perhaps even more so than a coating. I've got a coating and no PPF. I would have preferred this over a coating (or both).

R44 ducktail spoiler
Carbon sharkfin (roof)
Carbon door sills
M4 door projectors
Tommy's garage mud flaps

Carbon side fenders
Carbon back trim pieces
[QUOTE=krakenXIV;28008284]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post

View post on imgur.com

Thank you for all the info!
I plan to call IND today about the stuff out of stock to see when they think it'll be available. I have time. I don't expect my car until November/ December.

Thanks for clarifying the projector lights. I'm definitely gonna buy for all four doors. I think it's a nice touch.

Oh, PPF (xpel) is a must for me. You have to apply it before ceramic coating too or the xpel doesn't adhere correctly. My last one was covered in xpel and then ceramic coating on top. I plan to do the exact same thing. Complete xpel wrap then ceramic coating.

I have seen the Caron exhaust tips. I'm going to have to check those out! I didn't know they made a carbon shark fin. Not surprised… I will check that out too! I love carbon.

Love how you're dressing up the engine bay. Post pictures when you do. That all sounds really nice.

Thank you for the photos of the door sills!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 08:23 AM   #5
krakenXIV
Private
Portugal
Rep

Cheers mate, looking forward to seeing you share your car and mods
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      09-09-2021, 08:33 AM   #6
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

We stock almost every BMW part that is on our site for the G8X market. If we dont then we can get it within 1-2 days.

Roundels that we paint should be available in the next couple of weeks.
      09-17-2021, 04:56 PM   #7
rogurat
Rogue
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Comp

Quote:
Hey,

Newbie M4 owner here.

- same as above

You’ll pop out the old ones and replace them. I do believe they work in the front and back but double check with IND.

In all honesty; think about PPF for the front perhaps even more so than a coating. I’ve got a coating and no PPF. I would have preferred this over a coating (or both).

R44 ducktail spoiler
Carbon sharkfin (roof)
Carbon door sills
M4 door projectors
Tommy’s garage mud flaps

Carbon side fenders
Carbon back trim pieces
Did I see a post about someone who got these tips and they looked smaller then OEM? Can you post a pic of yours on car and maybe a side-b-side with OEM as well?

Swear someone said that. - Is the carbon roof fin from bimmerplug as well? & where is the engine carbon top cover located.

SORRY FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 06:53 PM   #8
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Hey,

Newbie M4 owner here.

- same as above

R44 ducktail spoiler
Carbon sharkfin (roof)
Carbon door sills
M4 door projectors
Tommy’s garage mud flaps

Carbon side fenders
Carbon back trim pieces
krakenXIV
Well done sir -- very, VERY comprehensive list of CURRENT available options for aesthetic enhancements... Been trying to piecemill since April, and this list is great. Wish we could sticky a relpy lol -- well done
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #9
krakenXIV
Private
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogurat View Post
Did I see a post about someone who got these tips and they looked smaller then OEM? Can you post a pic of yours on car and maybe a side-b-side with OEM as well?

Swear someone said that. - Is the carbon roof fin from bimmerplug as well? & where is the engine carbon top cover located.

I believe that I actually posted the pictures haha.
They are "slightly" smaller.

Carbon roof fin came from Ebay (looks fine, fits great).
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 03:30 PM   #10
krakenXIV
Private
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburks View Post
krakenXIV
Well done sir -- very, VERY comprehensive list of CURRENT available options for aesthetic enhancements... Been trying to piecemill since April, and this list is great. Wish we could sticky a relpy lol -- well done
yw, it's a hobby of mine to look every other day for new stuff ^_^

Just noticed I forgot to add the Indiv Carbon Trim for the airvent as far as something I still want.
Appreciate 1
mattburks750.50
      09-21-2021, 09:22 PM   #11
rogurat
Rogue
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Comp

Quote:
Quote:

I believe that I actually posted the pictures haha.
They are "slightly" smaller.

Carbon roof fin came from Ebay (looks fine, fits great).
You gotta picture of the carbon fin? I have a weird feeling like it'll be 'too much' I ordered it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #12
krakenXIV
Private
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
You gotta picture of the carbon fin? I have a weird feeling like it'll be 'too much' I ordered it anyway.
I like it
My car is quite flashy to start so I might get away with more than someone with a more neutral looking G80/82

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 12:06 PM   #13
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Do you guys think the BMW dealers will install the full kit from R44 when I go in for my break in service? It will just be easier and faster since the cars already going to be on a lift and I know it will get done correctly.
Appreciate 0