BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

08-12-2023, 06:39 PM   #1
HawkeyeG80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Comp X-Drive

possible to use extractor for oil change?

I have an extractor, super slick for pulling oil in previous cars, but the G8X doesn’t have a dipstick, which is my usual access point for pulling the oil. Has anyone managed to get an extractor tube into the engine via the fill point? (I haven’t tried, haven’t even looked to be honest, but I don’t want to push a tube down in there and have it get caught on something). Since the filter is accessed from the top, figured if I can use the extractor I don’t have to lift the car up at all for an oil change which would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 07:31 PM   #2
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Nope. If you tried going down the filler side you would hit baffle plates and pump assembly above the sump area.

On my F8x S55 there was a dipstick kit that was part of the GTS parts book which could be added, but that required removing the oil level sensor and coding out the option. Maybe the G82 GT4 has it?