BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

09-26-2021, 11:10 PM   #67
bmwdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
Quote:
The Panamera drove way smaller than it's size and handled great, but was a boat and did not last long for me. Even at 43 I might have been the youngest driving an old man's car as well lol. At least from all of the other drivers I saw.
I'm driving a Tesla Model S these days and feel exactly the same. The thing is super cheap to maintain and stupid fast in a straight line. But it's a boat. A big boat. I don't like switching cars often because it's expensive. But I'm so done with it. I hope the M3C can keep me entertained. It's also quite big but I wouldn't call it a boat.
My parents have a model s and absolutely love it. Out of all of the Mercedes and Porsches they have owned, this is their favorite 5+ years running now. That said, they are also in their early 70's and have two other fun cars to drive. Having multiple definitely helps with boredom at least in my case. But hear you for sure on the Tesla. Does nothing for me.
Quote:
My parents have a model s and absolutely love it. Out of all of the Mercedes and Porsches they have owned, this is their favorite 5+ years running now. That said, they are also in their early 70's and have two other fun cars to drive. Having multiple definitely helps with boredom at least in my case. But hear you for sure on the Tesla. Does nothing for me.
The Tesla is perfect as a daily if you have a fun car as well. There is nothing wrong with the Tesla. Nothing wrong with the Panamera either.

If you got bored with the C2s do you think the G80 will keep you entertained?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 01:07 PM   #68
Flying05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Panamera drove way smaller than it's size and handled great, but was a boat and did not last long for me. Even at 43 I might have been the youngest driving an old man's car as well lol. At least from all of the other drivers I saw.
I'm driving a Tesla Model S these days and feel exactly the same. The thing is super cheap to maintain and stupid fast in a straight line. But it's a boat. A big boat. I don't like switching cars often because it's expensive. But I'm so done with it. I hope the M3C can keep me entertained. It's also quite big but I wouldn't call it a boat.
Quote:
The Tesla is perfect as a daily if you have a fun car as well. There is nothing wrong with the Tesla. Nothing wrong with the Panamera either.

If you got bored with the C2s do you think the G80 will keep you entertained?
I do and there is one big reason for that. MANUAL. I have not had one in 12 years and automatics are just boring to me in sports carts even when driving with paddles. Well, the fun wears off quicker. All my manuals in the past I kept the longest.

One other reason that will keep me happy is that I enjoyed driving my Panamera at normal speeds, but just didn't like the size. Something about a 4 door car in my mind makes me feel like I can ride in luxury at slow speeds, but still have the quickness of a 2 door sports car. And once again, I want my family to enjoy my fun car with me so needs to be 4 doors. Kinda best of both worlds. Also, manuals keep you engaged at any speed and that's key. Having new Jeep rubicon to drive as well gives me options so I'm not driving one or the other all the time.

So what got me excited about a manual now? Believe it or not I had a loaner base mustang from the Porsche dealership as a loaner off the lot since they were out of cars and it was a manual. I was like nice, crap of a loaner but a manual. And wow I really enjoyed going through the gears. So that's why I'm back.

I think it will check a lot of boxes and this will be my 3rd m car and always kept them around 5 years. Could I get tired of this as I have with all cars, possibly, but I hope not because my list of wants and interest beyond this is pretty much nothing. I have been there and done that so I don't need a Porsche status symbol anymore to make me happy. If this doesn't work out, then I'm done and will just continue to drive the rubicon.
      09-27-2021, 01:18 PM   #69
Flying05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

That all being said, I don't discount the 911 capabilities as it is 100% the best handling and most fun 2 door car sports car I have ever driven. But as I said, only fun to be at speeds well above the speed limit.