BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

07-31-2020, 11:57 AM   #23
Alex755
BMW Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 black, BMW X3 white

Diet advice

Hey I have been trying to lose weight for 5 years until I found these diet programs oddsdigger.com , webmd.com
I hope you will find it useful
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 06:06 PM   #24
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
As fast as possible, if not faster, jettison all “programs” such as paleo, keto, etc.

Eat anything that grows on the ground or in the ground.

Know you caloric intake needs, divide by 6, and eat 6 equally sized, evenly spaced meals per day.

Done.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 11:13 PM   #25
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

This all boils down to motivation and how that's affected by nutrition. (See also: Vicious circle)

An hour or so after a carb heavy meal earlier this week, I went out and set 4 Personal Records (PRs) on a course I ride all the time. After 20 miles, I felt like I could go 20 more. I tried the same course today on fewer carbs and zonked out after 16 miles. I was seriously disappointed in myself (I had planned on 33 or even 48 miles), but I was toast after 16. I attribute that to a poor choice of intake prior to the ride. Nutrition and exercise are inextricably linked.

If you fuel poorly, you'll feel like crap and lose motivation. You need to avoid that quicksand.

(Personal disclosure: I know I need to balance intake vs effort, but I'm lousy at it.)

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 11:12 AM   #26
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from an All-American Athlete in track and football. He said, when you are trying to get back into great shape, the goal needs to be this: "You need to get to the point where it is harder on your body NOT to workout than it is TO workout." Once you reach that flow state, diet should follow along naturally, for optimal recovery, growth, wellness, etc.

Your Purpose Must Be Greater Than Your Challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 08-04-2020 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
chassis6373.50
      08-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #27
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 08-06-2020 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 08:05 AM   #28
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'd like to also add this, as I think it's really important.

I've noticed that for those who are looking to make drastic changes in their diet or exercise - they often over exert themselves to start out. Examples: going on a 3 mile run during the hottest part of the day. Or, only eating vegetables when they are used to eating garbage.

The reason they often do this is to literally make the process so excruciating, they are then able to tell themselves "see, this is too hard, it's not worth the cost, this isn't for me." Creating excuses for themselves "this is too hard" "im not athletic enough, blah blah," that's a trap, don't overdo it...

If you don't make it a fun challenge for yourself with loads of positive reinforcement along the way, it won't become a lifestyle change. Which is what you want. Slow, incremental body structural change, improving the gut biomes health takes time too.

Give yourself a YEAR to make the changes, but win each day along the way. And for f*ck sake - STAY OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY. Post reminders in your mirror - change takes time, it's not a sprint it's a marathon. You will be the last person to notice the changes. You will make mistakes along the way, just take notes and learn from them, it's part of the process.

Remember - sometimes the body follows the mind, sometimes the mind follows the body.

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 08-06-2020 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
JP102462.00
      08-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #29
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
I'd like to also add this, as I think it's really important.

I've noticed that for those who are looking to make drastic changes in their diet or exercise - they often over exert themselves to start out. Examples: going on a 3 mile run during the hottest part of the day. Or, only eating vegetables when they are used to eating garbage.

The reason they often do this is to literally make the process so excruciating, they are then able to tell themselves "see, this is too hard, it's not worth the cost, this isn't for me." Creating excuses for themselves "this is too hard" "im not athletic enough, blah blah," that's a trap, don't overdo it...

If you don't make it a fun challenge for yourself with loads of positive reinforcement along the way, it won't become a lifestyle change. Which is what you want. Slow, incremental body structural change, improving the gut biomes health takes time too.

Give yourself a YEAR to make the changes, but win each day along the way. And for f*ck sake - STAY OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY. Post reminders in your mirror - change takes time, it's not a sprint it's a marathon. You will be the last person to notice the changes. You will make mistakes along the way, just take notes and learn from them, it's part of the process.

Remember - sometimes the body follows the mind, sometimes the mind follows the body.

Smoothie recipe:
Buy:
Organic spinach - freeze it (2 hand fulls to smoothie, or maybe 3)
frozen blueberries - the smaller the better ( 2 handfulls)
Oats - I prefer gluten free (not steel coat, just normal oatmeal oats)
Canned pumpkin (organic is always better I think) (add half to smoothie
Celery - handful
Carrots - chop them up (organic) add about 3-4 to smoothie
Grapefruit (half at a time, remove peel of course)
Banana - freeze it - add half to smoothie
Ginger root - about as much as the size of your thumb, peel it, throw it in blender

Once that's all blended into an apple sauce consistency - add Protein powder - (preferably one with BCAA's in it) (3 scoops). Blend for about 5 seconds, you don't want to over blend at this point because the consistency can get weird from the powder, so just a quick mix

Add milk of your choice, blend, make enough for today and tomorrow, put the rest in fridge.

Drink plenty of water and perhaps switch coffee for green tea if you can.
Take a cutting board, cut this stuff up, toss in a NINJA blender, add

This smoothie I designed gives you a base level of nutrition to start your day, so in case you don't have time to eat a salad, at least you got your vitamins from the earth.

p.s. Don't underestimate the power of listening to upbeat music while you workout or get ready in the morning. It needs to be music that makes you want to dance in my opinion, it really helps. For me - Paul Oakenfold works. But for some it might be hard rock.
Nailed it.

That smoothie recipe sounds pretty tasty, once my vanilla powder shows up I might give it a go. Sounds like it'll produce a shit load of servings haha. We just got a Vitamix blender so I want to put it to the test!
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2020, 08:31 AM   #30
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks for quoting, having some technical difficulties with editing...

I went from Ninja to Vitamix back to Ninja. And I make smoothies every other day. The Ninja blends with less speed, and actually blends quicker. I prefer the applesauce consistency vs a milkshake consistency, seems less pulverized and I don't trust the power of the Vitamix, too fast, potentially too hot from speed, less nutritious outcome for a healthy smoothie.

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 08-06-2020 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 08:41 AM   #31
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Thanks for quoting, having some technical difficulties with editing...

I went from Ninja to Vitamix back to Ninja. And I make smoothies every other day. The Ninja blends with less speed, and actually blends quicker. I prefer the applesauce consistency vs a milkshake consistency, seems less pulverized and I don't trust the power of the Vitamix, too fast, potentially too hot from speed, less nutritious outcome for a healthy smoothie.
Yeah we had some issues with our Vitamix already. Tried to make soup in it, and eventually succeeded, but was under impressed with the volume it could handle. The thermal fail switch kept triggering hence we would have to wait for the blender to cool down. Then we had to keep fracturing the amount until it worked. I read great things about the Vitamix, but like I said, underwhelmed. It was a gift my fiance got at her bridal shower, if I had paid for it I probably would have returned it by now. I want to put it to the test with a few more concoctions first though. If it is still being problematic I might return and try the Ninja as that is what I had on our registry for the wedding.

I'm the same as you in regards to the consistency, little chunkyness doesnt bother me, with that said the fiance is the opposite.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 09:19 AM   #32
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Keep vitamix for her and get ninja for you...

She'll come around eventually and you can always sell a vitamix for good $$$.

I think it takes a lot of practice - to get right... I just prefer the ninja blade setup for my massive smoothies

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
JP102462.00
      08-06-2020, 11:35 PM   #33
LaVitaEBella
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

I do portion control, just so that I can still eat what I want and so far it is working.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 02:50 AM   #34
g.m00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 & M2C

Small gradual changes help in the transitioning phase. Balance is key so you don't go to a point where you hate what you're doing but start loving the cleansing, changing, and that new energy it does to you.
Appreciate 0