Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-20-2021, 11:03 PM   #23
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKGK20 View Post
Too much rasp man.. have you seen valvtronic midpipe with DP's video from Gsoom? Sounds so much better
This sounds surprisingly different from the SSR downpipes + Valvetronic single mid + OEM exhaust setup. This sounds very good to me, better than that initial IG snippet (which didn't impress me), though not quite as goosebumps-inducing as Soom's car. The tone of Soom's car is quite distinctive; I love it.

With the full Valvetronic, I was hoping for an even more aggressive sound than the Soom setup with the addition of the axleback while not having to cut any OEM pipes.
Appreciate 1
AhsanU3826.50
      10-21-2021, 02:17 AM   #24
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
This sounds surprisingly different from the SSR downpipes + Valvetronic single mid + OEM exhaust setup. This sounds very good to me, better than that initial IG snippet (which didn't impress me), though not quite as goosebumps-inducing as Soom's car. The tone of Soom's car is quite distinctive; I love it.

With the full Valvetronic, I was hoping for an even more aggressive sound than the Soom setup with the addition of the axleback while not having to cut any OEM pipes.
My feelings exactly.

I'm not sure if SSR downpipes are somehow magically made differently, but the OEM axle back with the SSR downpipes + Valvetronic's midpipe sounds the best to me. I'm currently leaning towards Valvetronic's full exhaust + AA catted downpipe; I'm hoping the axle back makes up for the rawness of the catted DP..

Or I could enjoy a catless DP and swap every year when it's time for emissions + inspection.

Stupid Soom and his awesome sounding M3
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 2
      10-21-2021, 02:48 AM   #25
Slo_F80_Mike
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 (MW SO, 6MT)

Was this the same company that made the EL exhaust for the F8x and the tips stuck out like 6 inches? Lol. Then a few of the customers were having issues with the exhaust and the company basically hung them out to dry from what I recall.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:00 AM   #26
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Quote:

My feelings exactly.

I'm not sure if SSR downpipes are somehow magically made differently, but the OEM axle back with the SSR downpipes + Valvetronic's midpipe sounds the best to me. I'm currently leaning towards Valvetronic's full exhaust + AA catted downpipe; I'm hoping the axle back makes up for the rawness of the catted DP..

Or I could enjoy a catless DP and swap every year when it's time for emissions + inspection.

You wouldn't need inspection for a few years yet though on a new car right?

Live life in the now…you know what to do!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 07:58 AM   #27
supralex
Private First Class
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: Yes

Would love to have this sound on my EU m3 g80 with "opf" filters somehow
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 08:22 AM   #28
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

I have a question, i know its a little stupid. For us in the EU, the valvetronic exhaust and/or midpipe would definitely throw a CEL. For that reason we have the opf delete cables. In my case, i have been using them with no problem whatsoever, on the factory exhaust with opf "deleted", meaning the exhaust has been taken off, a window made over the opf filters, all the honeycomb material gutted off and then window welded back in place and exhaust refitted.
With this setup, the opf pressure sensors are there and not deleted, the delete cables just bypass them.

If I go for the midpipe or full cat back, that would delete the sensors as well. Will i still be able to use the delete cables with that setup or would a tune be mandatory. I hope i am making sense. This is the only thing holding me from pulling the trigger on ordering the valvetronic midpipe.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 11:45 PM   #29
NotACarGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 M4

Quote:
Quote:

My feelings exactly.

Who is soom and where is his car and how do I listen to it??? You guys got me really curious now lol
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 06:37 AM   #30
G80SWFL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotACarGuy View Post
Quote:
Quote:

My feelings exactly.

Who is soom and where is his car and how do I listen to it??? You guys got me really curious now lol
Here you go soom video
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      10-25-2021, 09:15 AM   #31
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80SWFL View Post
Here you go soom video

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 07:14 AM   #32
NikG80
Registered
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition G80

Hi, can somebody give me an advice if the full valvetronic exhaust is also suitable for EU car with OPF? It seems that all the cars with this exhaust are from US without the filter.
Do i have to do any other adjustments with the car? Mapping, etc.
I dont want to have any problems with car warranty and be always ready to switch to original exhaust.

Thanks!

Last edited by NikG80; 11-12-2021 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 07:20 AM   #33
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikG80 View Post
Hi, can somebody give me an advice if the full valvetronic exhaust is also suitable for EU car with OPF? It seems that all the cars with this exhaust is from US without the filter.
Do i have to do any other adjustments with the car? Mapping, etc.
I dont want to have any problems with car warranty and be always ready to switch to original exhaust.

Thanks!
Check out my thread.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1872659

I am due to receive the midpipe. The EU cars need the gpf/opf pressure sensor hose to be connected into the exhaust. This coupled with the LEIB deleter cables should be enough for the midpipe as well as the full exhaust. This does require drilling and welding screws/bungs that would attach the hoses. Once i get mine installed i will post details.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 09:43 AM   #34
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Check out my thread.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1872659

I am due to receive the midpipe. The EU cars need the gpf/opf pressure sensor hose to be connected into the exhaust. This coupled with the LEIB deleter cables should be enough for the midpipe as well as the full exhaust. This does require drilling and welding screws/bungs that would attach the hoses. Once i get mine installed i will post details.
looking forward for your update

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 06:23 AM   #35
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
looking forward for your update
Thank you.

Just received the Midpipe

Its taking ages for the sensor fittings to arrive Damn Autodoc.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 09:12 AM   #36
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Thank you.

Just received the Midpipe

Its taking ages for the sensor fittings to arrive Damn Autodoc.
Congrats!! Please post sound clips once installed

Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      01-20-2022, 04:19 PM   #37
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Found this video today of full cat back Valvetronic exhaust on an M4. Sounds pretty good. What does everyone think?

Last edited by LuckyBrand; 01-20-2022 at 05:54 PM..
Appreciate 2
VonB1119.00
ROBERT11831569.00
      01-21-2022, 08:51 AM   #38
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
Found this video today of full cat back Valvetronic exhaust on an M4. Sounds pretty good. What does everyone think?

I think it sounds awesome. One of the best sounding for the G8x. Just waiting to hear their titanium version sound clip before pulling the trigger and ordering it. Its just so sexy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 08:52 AM   #39
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I like it

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 08:52 AM   #40
safridi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2/2018 Focus RS

Sound comparison

Found this with all the different configurations.

Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      01-21-2022, 09:44 AM   #41
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by safridi View Post

I've seen this one as well. I like that they took the time to go through a lot of different versions of the set up and post clips.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 09:50 AM   #42
safridi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2/2018 Focus RS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by safridi View Post

I've seen this one as well. I like that they took the time to go through a lot of different versions of the set up and post clips.
I have the vt mid pipe already and its barely noticeable inside the car. Even in sport mode theres only minor burbles at the very end of the rev. It shines above 5k but again this car has so much engine sound that it envelopes the "added" exhaust sound from the midpipe. Ive been told it sounds amazing from outside though….so your welcome everyone lol……just had to vent that out.
Appreciate 2
Mcc420475.00
DO4441408.50
      01-21-2022, 09:59 AM   #43
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT1183 View Post
I think it sounds awesome. One of the best sounding for the G8x. Just waiting to hear their titanium version sound clip before pulling the trigger and ordering it. Its just so sexy.
I emailed them yesterday and asked if they had any sound clips or would be posting any soon of the titanium but haven't heard back yet.

I want to order an exhaust so bad right now but I'm waiting on a few more sound clips that should be coming soon. I really like the Valvetronic set up from a look and price aspect as the price is much better than the rest for the full boat. At least on the stainless. I'm just not sure if it has enough sound for me and I don't want to do down pipes because I don't want to pay to have it done and I plan on doing the exhaust work myself. Just trying to save some coin cause there is other things I want to do but also if I'm gonna spend the money I don't want any regrets.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 10:04 AM   #44
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

Quote:
I emailed them yesterday and asked if they had any sound clips or would be posting any soon of the titanium but haven't heard back yet.

I want to order an exhaust so bad right now but I'm waiting on a few more sound clips that should be coming soon. I really like the Valvetronic set up from a look and price aspect as the price is much better than the rest for the full boat. At least on the stainless. I'm just not sure if it has enough sound for me and I don't want to do down pipes because I don't want to pay to have it done and I plan on doing the exhaust work myself. Just trying to save some coin cause there is other things I want to do but also if I'm gonna spend the money I don't want any regrets.
I think the full Valvetronic system in either the stainless or titanium will be plenty loud. I dont plan on doing downpipes either. I go for OEM+ on my cars. I never tune them. And it can always be put back to 100% stock at any time.
Appreciate 3
safridi66.00
Seedster2248.50
DO4441408.50