BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Sections Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2021, 05:50 PM   #23
moproblems
Second Lieutenant
197
Rep
249
Posts

Drives: 2021 M4 Isle of Man Green
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: SW MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
So the M Sound Control is now separate from the exhaust button? You can now have the exhaust button "on" and the M Sound (fake sound) off? If so, that would be great.

And did you have anything coded? I wonder if the update affects coded cars.
Coding is effectively a reflash, so all coding is reset.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 07:44 PM   #24
DoubleDave
Second Lieutenant
303
Rep
247
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
DD, how are are you getting "no fake sound" right now? Through Coding? I tried it, but I don't think it worked. I didn't hear a change.
Yes, I coded mine out with Bimmercode. I sent an email to support through the app because coding it out through the app wasn’t working for me and the software version my car is on is 2021-07.20.

They sent a Testflight invitation and update that worked for me. They didn’t give me a date but a general update for the app is coming.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 05:58 PM   #25
beachBmmr
First Lieutenant
beachBmmr's Avatar
United_States
371
Rep
336
Posts

Drives: '21 M4C RWD BSM/FR
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DFW Texas

iTrader: (0)

I tried to download this, but says no update available. I guess my Vin isn't on the release list yet
__________________
2021 M4C BSM
2020 GLS 580
Retired - 2019 440xi, 2020 X7, 2019 X5, 2013 F10, 2010 F10
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 05:32 AM   #26
Kinglagos
Enlisted Member
21
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: 2021 M4 G82
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Berlin, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
So the M Sound Control is now separate from the exhaust button? You can now have the exhaust button "on" and the M Sound (fake sound) off? If so, that would be great.

And did you have anything coded? I wonder if the update affects coded cars.
All coding is wiped. And no, ASD is still tied to the exhaust flaps, so you turn that off it turns off ASD and the nice exhaust sound.
__________________
2021 M4 G82 Sao Paolo Yellow
2015 420i F36 Estoril Blue
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 07:52 AM   #27
KevinGS
Major
1246
Rep
1,353
Posts

Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinglagos View Post
All coding is wiped. And no, ASD is still tied to the exhaust flaps, so you turn that off it turns off ASD and the nice exhaust sound.
Ah OK. So, for me, this is doubly bad...so I'll pass. I'll wait for Bimmercode to give me the ability to simply code out ASD.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 08:27 AM   #28
mattburks
Second Lieutenant
329
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: G80 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Argyle, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Ah OK. So, for me, this is doubly bad...so I'll pass. I'll wait for Bimmercode to give me the ability to simply code out ASD.
KevinGS next time you run in for service or a warranty efforts they will update your car by default :/
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 06:21 PM   #29
LuckyBrand
Second Lieutenant
LuckyBrand's Avatar
254
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: BMW X5, BMW G80 IOMG M3 MANUAL
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

So this thread intrigued me because I really don't like the piped in sound so I started looking at my software version and digging in the I-Drive to find where this might be and if I had the icon to disable. Well I have an older version of the software and I've tried on the app and in the car and it won't update to anything newer. I did find where the icon is located. It's in the configure M mode buttons section and down below it has a button for sound control. I toggled this many times with the car on and I couldn't get it to do anything? . I didn't notice a change with it on or off. But the exhaust button on the console works as usual. So I really don't know if it does anything or not. I'm going to try it again tomorrow while I'm driving and see.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 06:41 PM   #30
KevinGS
Major
1246
Rep
1,353
Posts

Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburks View Post
KevinGS next time you run in for service or a warranty efforts they will update your car by default :/
Drats!

Oh well, have to recode everything then.
Appreciate 1
mattburks329.00
      10-18-2021, 07:57 PM   #31
mattburks
Second Lieutenant
329
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: G80 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Argyle, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Drats!

Oh well, have to recode everything then.
Not a worry! I hear we are all about to have a lot of bimmercode fun for those that so choose, correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 05:02 AM   #32
madmedman
Private First Class
United Kingdom
46
Rep
139
Posts

Drives: G82 M4 Comp
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kent, UK

iTrader: (0)

I checked everywhere but can't find any setting for m sound control. I thought you could change the intensity of the active sound. 😞
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 03:09 PM   #33
Steveo
Captain
Steveo's Avatar
Scotland
58
Rep
616
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

It’s under the M1 or M2 Config screens in iDrive.
All this ‘M Sound’ setting does is configure whether the exhaust button in the centre console is on or off….
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 03:54 PM   #34
04S
Captain
04S's Avatar
Australia
96
Rep
750
Posts

Drives: G82 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

But that setting has always there hasn't it ? I have not installed the update and I have the ability to set M1 and M2 with the exhaust button.

I was hoping that we might actually be getting something new as they made a big deal about in the press release .....
__________________
Current: G82 M4 xDrive, F40 M135i, G05 X540i
Gone: many other BMWs ....
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 05:52 PM   #35
LuckyBrand
Second Lieutenant
LuckyBrand's Avatar
254
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: BMW X5, BMW G80 IOMG M3 MANUAL
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04S View Post
But that setting has always there hasn't it ? I have not installed the update and I have the ability to set M1 and M2 with the exhaust button.

I was hoping that we might actually be getting something new as they made a big deal about in the press release .....
Yeah your probably right and I just overlooked it months ago when I set them. I played with it today and it works just like the button on the console. I was also hoping it would cancel out the fake sound in the cabin but no such luck. Will probably have to end up coding it out.

For those of you that have coded out the fake sound does it effect the burbles from the exhaust? I know that if you turn the active sound off with the button it cancels the burbles which is stupid. Just wondering if the code still allows the burbles.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 07:08 AM   #36
madmedman
Private First Class
United Kingdom
46
Rep
139
Posts

Drives: G82 M4 Comp
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kent, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
It’s under the M1 or M2 Config screens in iDrive.
All this ‘M Sound’ setting does is configure whether the exhaust button in the centre console is on or off….
I had that setting before. But I updated the software because I said something about controlling the active sound. But looks like I have to code the fake sound out again.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 07:11 AM   #37
madmedman
Private First Class
United Kingdom
46
Rep
139
Posts

Drives: G82 M4 Comp
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kent, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
Yeah your probably right and I just overlooked it months ago when I set them. I played with it today and it works just like the button on the console. I was also hoping it would cancel out the fake sound in the cabin but no such luck. Will probably have to end up coding it out.

For those of you that have coded out the fake sound does it effect the burbles from the exhaust? I know that if you turn the active sound off with the button it cancels the burbles which is stupid. Just wondering if the code still allows the burbles.

Thanks!
When I coded it out on the previous software version, it just got rid of the active sound. Burbles were completely unaffected. I then taped the valves open and the exhaust button turned into a basically burble on and off button. It was great.
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2021, 11:56 AM   #38
beachBmmr
First Lieutenant
beachBmmr's Avatar
United_States
371
Rep
336
Posts

Drives: '21 M4C RWD BSM/FR
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DFW Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
When I coded it out on the previous software version, it just got rid of the active sound. Burbles were completely unaffected. I then taped the valves open and the exhaust button turned into a basically burble on and off button. It was great.

I coded out the ASD yesterday, and all it does is remove the low rumble fed into the cabin through the speakers.

The Button still closes the valves when off.

I have not noticed the car is louder with it coded out
__________________
2021 M4C BSM
2020 GLS 580
Retired - 2019 440xi, 2020 X7, 2019 X5, 2013 F10, 2010 F10
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2021, 01:19 PM   #39
nearwater4me
Captain
437
Rep
826
Posts

Drives: '20 BMW M2C
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: GA

iTrader: (1)

Well, that's disappointing.
I thought they added a feature where M sound was customizable.
Appreciate 1
mattburks329.00
      10-23-2021, 01:15 PM   #40
KnightedBMW
Major
United_States
1039
Rep
1,072
Posts

Drives: 2022 M3C
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
I tried to download this, but says no update available. I guess my Vin isn't on the release list yet
Same.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #41
W288SH
Private First Class
W288SH's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: Current: 2016 X5; 2020 M340i /
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinglagos View Post
I installed it yesterday. Two things: you can change m sound control from on/off per drive mode, the start roar is changed and the burbles changed a lot too. I'm driving the 6mt and overrun has often some very deep burbles which it didn't before, sounds like you are driving over something on the road, so deep it is. People told me the exhaust sounds better now from the outside too.
Can you make a recording of the new exterior sounds?
__________________
2016 M3 6MT YMB - Sold
2016 911 - Sold
2016 X5 xDrive 35i
2020 M340i
2021 M3 6MT PB
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.




g80
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST