BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

10-21-2021, 04:18 PM   #1
iskysoma01
Private
Rep
Drives: M3. G80

Armor Shield IX

Has any one used the Armor Shield IX?

Thinking about doing the coating myself.

I understand prep is key.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 06:51 PM   #2
DoubleDave
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

I tried it and for a coating it’s average.

For any coating prep is key. At the bare minimum chemical decontamination (product like IronX) and mechanical decontamination (clay bar or for a new car synthetic clay mitt). I used Nanoskin fine grade synthetic clay mitt on my car. I also did a one step polish and then a wipe down with a panel wipe product (Optimum Panel Wipe).

Armor Shield is pretty easy to apply…the temps you’re working in make a big difference on how long you have before you need to remove it. I would divide the roof into two sections, hood into four sections, trunk all at once, and maybe split the doors into two sections.

When it’s flashed it removes pretty quick. If you take it off too soon, or use too much product it will be a little greasy and more difficult to remove.

I say it’s average because it’s hydrophobic properties are inferior to other coatings I’ve tried. It’s not bad, I’ve just seen better for the same price.

I have no idea on the longevity of the product as I put it on my car about 3 weeks ago.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 11:49 AM   #3
iskysoma01
Private
Rep
Drives: M3. G80

Perfect thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 07:42 PM   #4
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Check out ScottHD on YouTube, he does longevity tests on every coating. He spends upwards on $5,000 per test. Some are given to him, but most he buys, himself. Hes the anti "Ill pay you for a good review" type.

He has some tests on this product. If I remember, correctly, it was ok, but there are much better coatings. I know I remember, from my mental note, that there was something that told me, it was a no-go.

Appreciate 0