Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

10-02-2021, 07:18 PM   #1
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

R44 side skirts just arrived

I was hoping to have my G82 by now along with all the parts I’ve ordered but my car has been delayed like most of you have experienced. A few days ago I received the side skirts I ordered from R44 Performance. The ordered the part about two weeks ago and it arrived a week later and boy do they look good. I can’t wait to get them on the car when I get it. The weave on both the side skirts looks very good and they have no marks or blemishes as expected from quality carbon. I also ordered a front lip from RSC and I have the cf exterior package as well. My goal is to leave all the gloss black panels on the car alone except on the front bumper. The gloss black on the sides with the carbon side skirts and the gloss black outline on the rear with the carbon diffuser will go together nicely in my opinion. I ordered a Brooklyn grey M4 for reference. Also I have attached what the side skirts look like on a G82 from IND. Edit: for some reason the first photo added gets flipped upside down no matter how I reorient it. I apologize.
Attached Images

2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
HTTP 4102141.50
      10-03-2021, 09:47 PM   #2
Fugazii
Captain
Rep
Drives: G82/2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Adaptive View Post
I was hoping to have my G82 by now along with all the parts I’ve ordered but my car has been delayed like most of you have experienced. A few days ago I received the side skirts I ordered from R44 Performance. The ordered the part about two weeks ago and it arrived a week later and boy do they look good. I can’t wait to get them on the car when I get it. The weave on both the side skirts looks very good and they have no marks or blemishes as expected from quality carbon. I also ordered a front lip from RSC and I have the cf exterior package as well. My goal is to leave all the gloss black panels on the car alone except on the front bumper. The gloss black on the sides with the carbon side skirts and the gloss black outline on the rear with the carbon diffuser will go together nicely in my opinion. I ordered a Brooklyn grey M4 for reference. Also I have attached what the side skirts look like on a G82 from IND. Edit: for some reason the first photo added gets flipped upside down no matter how I reorient it. I apologize.
Clean what are the spacers & lowering specs thanks?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #3
Ghozthunter
Eleet Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: a bimmer

When did you order the parts from r44?
I ordered a front lip on July 13th before my car came in and still waiting. Keep getting emails saying it will ship that week but nothing happens.
Frustrating to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 06:32 AM   #4
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghozthunter View Post
When did you order the parts from r44?
I ordered a front lip on July 13th before my car came in and still waiting. Keep getting emails saying it will ship that week but nothing happens.
Frustrating to say the least.
After I ordered these I received an email from them saying it was on back order and I would be expecting them mid November. Then I got an email the next day saying I got the last set of side skirts out of the current batch and I was able to get them immediately, just got super lucky. I ordered my front lip from auto couture back in July, was told I would receive it in September. Here we are in October and hopefully I’ll get it at the end of the month. Every company is experiencing delays.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 07:08 AM   #5
Ghozthunter
Eleet Tech
United_States
Rep

Yes, completely understand on the delays. I had a feeling making that post will bite me in the rear. The lip is out for delivery today haha.
Definitely post some pictures of the auto couture lip when you get it.
Appreciate 1
M_Adaptive1767.00
      10-07-2021, 12:04 PM   #6
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

Do you guys think the BMW dealers will install the full kit from R44 when I go in for my break in service? It will just be easier and faster since the cars already going to be on a lift and I know it will get done correctly.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 04:48 PM   #7
Ghozthunter
Eleet Tech
United_States
Rep

I dont see why they would not. Am sure they would love to take your money. Unless the shop manager is strict on aftermarket stuff.
      10-07-2021, 05:56 PM   #8
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermann88 View Post
Do you guys think the BMW dealers will install the full kit from R44 when I go in for my break in service? It will just be easier and faster since the cars already going to be on a lift and I know it will get done correctly.
I would not recommend it. BMW service centers are great for getting your service done and any actual BMW parts but for aftermarket parts I would go to your trusted shop. You’ll be adding so much more time to your repair and BMW’s hourly shop rates are expensive. Unless your super cool with your service advisor and they won’t charge you an arm and a leg for this work then go for it. I would not be surprised if they tacked on an additional three hours of labor just to put on some cosmetic parts.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 02:42 AM   #9
hrdwurc1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp

the dealership would probably decline to install your aftermarket parts, it's really a liability for them. Aftermarket parts are known for not fitting very well.

yeah, bring it to your trusted shop that has zero experience with your 2022 M4, lets see how that turns out.
21 Jeep Gladiator
15 Ferrari 458
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 03:16 AM   #10
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdwurc1 View Post
the dealership would probably decline to install your aftermarket parts, it's really a liability for them. Aftermarket parts are known for not fitting very well.

yeah, bring it to your trusted shop that has zero experience with your 2022 M4, lets see how that turns out.
You do realize this is just a lip, side skirts and a diffuser. A lot of people can install these on there on so if a reputable shop can’t do this basic task then they shouldn’t even be open.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2021, 08:07 AM   #11
nathanm4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage

R44 needs to make more CF pieces for the rear bumper to fill up some clearance to match side skirts and front lip. It just looks odd to me.