BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

09-28-2021, 01:19 AM   #1
unseen orko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i, Audi Q5

Why aren't there enough owners talking about their g80 xdrive?

So many G80MC x drive have delivered but there are just two videos on YouTube and very few owners talking about their ride. How does it compare to the standard RWD? Is the steering feel same or worse in awd? Does it sound any different? What about the ride? Is the front end grip any different? Any other perceivable differences?
Appreciate 1
Crester109.50
      09-28-2021, 06:35 AM   #2
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Paging Vic55
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2021, 07:36 AM   #3
Itson451
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340i, BMW M3

Let me help you out. The car feel like a rwd car, if had not known I would swear it was rwd.I previously had an f80, and they felt the same with respect to feeling. The xdrive engages only when the car detects slip. Im still in break in period so I have not experimented with the other modes 4wd sport and rwd yet. From a stand still there is no hesitation when accelerating, ther car does not wiggle at all it just goes putting the power down. I have no complaints
Appreciate 6
02M3ForMe4257.00
Patton2502938.00
Draper3459.50
IanW555484.50
      09-28-2021, 07:59 AM   #4
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

I’ve noticed just a general lack of data collectively for such a release of the entire G8X gen. I’ve also noticed that we’ve lost a few prevalent voices that we used to hear from on here quite a bit a month or two back…

Der_Wolf you good bro? Rona didn’t get you did it? Prob just sold his car… but the thought has crossed my mind.
Appreciate 2
      09-28-2021, 08:08 AM   #5
superbrew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

I did my first autocross this weekend. My instructor thought the car was RWD by the way it put power down. He was surprised to find out it was AWD.
I had an F80 and I think the biggest difference is the way the power comes in. The G80 builds with RPM where the F80 just had a wall of torque low down. I feel much more confident with the G80 sliding the rear out.
Appreciate 3
JTO245271.50
02M3ForMe4257.00
      09-28-2021, 08:18 AM   #6
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itson451 View Post
Let me help you out. The car feel like a rwd car, if had not known I would swear it was rwd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbrew View Post
I did my first autocross this weekend. My instructor thought the car was RWD by the way it put power down. He was surprised to find out it was AWD.
That's an interesting take, since early journalist reviews of the (RWD) M3C marveled at the traction and said it felt like an AWD model
      09-28-2021, 08:24 AM   #7
superbrew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
That's an interesting take, since early journalist reviews of the (RWD) M3C marveled at the traction and said it felt like an AWD model
Straight line traction is significantly better than the F80. I think the comments are more directed at how the car reacts to throttle in a turn. It doesn't have understeer that you might expect from an AWD car.
Appreciate 2
      09-28-2021, 09:39 AM   #8
csayad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 xDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 Competi ...  [8.57]
  [0.00]
Go look at my instagram @midwest_g80 and go look on the Facebook g80 forum
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2021, 10:01 AM   #9
sleepdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX DG/Blk

I have not driven a G80/82 RWD, so I cannot directly compare. I also haven’t taken it on a road course or autocross, so all of my opinions are based on street driving at this point.

The car feels like a planted RWD platform almost all of the time. When you launch, it feels like an RWD that bites, unless your get some spin. Then you can feel the front grabbing and pulling you a bit. Turn in is very good. Front end feels sharp, and I have not had any push hitting corners aggressively. I haven’t hit them as hard as I would at a track, but it seems like it wont have an issue with understeer. I am very happy with how planted and solid the car feels overall. Like a GTR really, but maybe more nimble. I like it WAY better than my F80.

I have a favorite corner where I rip it every chance I get. It is a right handed 90 degree from a stop. Looking left while stopped there is a hill where oncoming traffic is moving at about 60mph. For safety’s sake, and fun 🤩, you have to accelerate quickly to avoid getting smacked by a car coming over that hill. I love being able to stomp it from a stop, while making that turn under WOT and hitting 1/2/3, going straight by the middle of 3rd. No way I could hit it like that in a RWD car.
Appreciate 4
      09-28-2021, 11:42 AM   #10
unseen orko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itson451 View Post
Let me help you out. The car feel like a rwd car, if had not known I would swear it was rwd.I previously had an f80, and they felt the same with respect to feeling. The xdrive engages only when the car detects slip. Im still in break in period so I have not experimented with the other modes 4wd sport and rwd yet. From a stand still there is no hesitation when accelerating, ther car does not wiggle at all it just goes putting the power down. I have no complaints
Thank you! This is precisely what I was looking for. Having owned two RWD bmws, I was a bit worried that would feel different or under steer. I have an X5 but that's not a good comparison to what the M3 x drive would be like… production starts in a week 😍
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 11:43 AM   #11
unseen orko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
I have not driven a G80/82 RWD, so I cannot directly compare. I also haven’t taken it on a road course or autocross, so all of my opinions are based on street driving at this point.

The car feels like a planted RWD platform almost all of the time. When you launch, it feels like an RWD that bites, unless your get some spin. Then you can feel the front grabbing and pulling you a bit. Turn in is very good. Front end feels sharp, and I have not had any push hitting corners aggressively. I haven’t hit them as hard as I would at a track, but it seems like it wont have an issue with understeer. I am very happy with how planted and solid the car feels overall. Like a GTR really, but maybe more nimble. I like it WAY better than my F80.

I have a favorite corner where I rip it every chance I get. It is a right handed 90 degree from a stop. Looking left while stopped there is a hill where oncoming traffic is moving at about 60mph. For safety’s sake, and fun 🤩, you have to accelerate quickly to avoid getting smacked by a car coming over that hill. I love being able to stomp it from a stop, while making that turn under WOT and hitting 1/2/3, going straight by the middle of 3rd. No way I could hit it like that in a RWD car.
Appreciate the detailed feedback. Like most of us, I tested the RWD and was quite happy about it. Living in northwest, I have placed an order for the awd and been anxious to see reviews from people. Everyone is busy enjoying their ride, that's a good sign I guess 😊😊
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 11:54 AM   #12
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

still slowly rolling out. with the shortage of allocations the cars are not rolling out in large amounts like the past.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13398.50
      09-28-2021, 01:05 PM   #13
csayad
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
I'd consider doing a YouTube video but, I feel like I'll get hate for it. One reason is because of age. Also because I have a feeling no one would watch it.
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3374.50
      09-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #14
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

The first rule of xdrive...we do not talk about xdrive.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 8
      09-28-2021, 02:46 PM   #15
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by csayad View Post
I'd consider doing a YouTube video but, I feel like I'll get hate for it. One reason is because of age. Also because I have a feeling no one would watch it.
Sounds like you have a decision to make. In this world, with what the internet has become, you can keep everything to yourself and not participate, that's entirely valid. You can make the video because of your own enthusiasm, despite the troll reactions, or not.

If the age part is because you're young, and you had a lot of "assists" getting to the point where you can get ahold of a G80 early, that can certainly set some folk off. Avoid acting like you accomplished something if the accomplishments actually belong to your parents and you should be more OK than not.

Do what'll make you happy and just enjoy the drive.
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2021, 02:56 PM   #16
forza1976
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW M3X  [10.00]
I've started multiple threads on my M3x

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1857816
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1859058
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1859515
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1856806
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1860209
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1859566
Appreciate 1
Max Well4716.00
      09-28-2021, 03:09 PM   #17
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Quote:
Sounds like you have a decision to make. In this world, with what the internet has become, you can keep everything to yourself and not participate, that's entirely valid. You can make the video because of your own enthusiasm, despite the troll reactions, or not.

If the age part is because you're young, and you had a lot of "assists" getting to the point where you can get ahold of a G80 early, that can certainly set some folk off. Avoid acting like you accomplished something if the accomplishments actually belong to your parents and you should be more OK than not.

Or maybe he's a 90 year old man.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 03:59 PM   #18
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
yeah true.. you are too old to be owning an m3
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 05:26 PM   #19
csayad
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRacer523 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'll be blunt with you guys, I really hope I don't set anyone off. I'm 17 years old, my family sort of comes from car enthusiast background. I will happily say my parents bought the car because they are my own role models. I don't flex on people or be an asshole to other people. Just wanted to make that clear.
Appreciate 2
      09-28-2021, 05:27 PM   #20
csayad
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There are like no videos of these cars in depth and I want people to know about these cars. That's how I was before our M3 came in, I was so eager to see ppl reactions to the car but there's like no videos.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 05:35 PM   #21
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Trust me, it's hard to find M3C X/nonX videos.

I search and search each day for new ones so i can stay entertained while i wait for my M3C. I didn't get the x-drive as i don't need/want AWD but hearing people say the car acts like RWD UNLESS you slip, then the front wheels help out?

Is that correct?

If so, perhaps when this lease is up, i may go for another one but i'll go for the x-drive then? When does the mid cycle refresh happen for these cars? 3rd MY right?

I thought it was like legit AWD like an audi or the GTR etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #22
iviegatron
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
I'll be blunt with you guys, I really hope I don't set anyone off. I'm 17 years old, my family sort of comes from car enthusiast background. I will happily say my parents bought the car because they are my own role models. I don't flex on people or be an asshole to other people. Just wanted to make that clear.
Good for you. That's the hand you were dealt with, embrace it. As long as you don't posses the qualities of being arrogant or look down on people and are simply humble then more power to you. Enjoy your M car in good health.
Appreciate 5
chicagofan0019057.50
csayad416.50
evilalien450.50