home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

06-30-2021, 05:00 PM   #1
GJBFI
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 competition Xdrive

Tracking our new cars

Is there a way for Canadian consumers to monitor the construction of their cars with the VIN?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 08:58 PM   #2
CanuckM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: cars

No way in Canada the way our southern friends can.
Only way is through your dealer and salesperson.

You will love the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJBFI View Post
Is there a way for Canadian consumers to monitor the construction of their cars with the VIN?
You can call bmw Canada (1-800-567-2691) and ask a genius to track your order with a VIN. Production number won't work
Appreciate 1
evilalien447.50
      07-02-2021, 11:06 AM   #4
GJBFI
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
Quote:
You can call bmw Canada (1-800-567-2691) and ask a genius to track your order with a VIN. Production number won't work
I called at this number which is indeed BMW Canada. But when I choose the option of speaking to the genius I was automatically transferred to the US and the genius explained to me that they are not authorized to give this information to the Canadian consumers. He transferred me back to BMW Canada Customer Service where I am told the only information available is that the car is currently under construction, with no further details.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #5
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I called at this number which is indeed BMW Canada. But when I choose the option of speaking to the genius I was automatically transferred to the US and the genius explained to me that they are not authorized to give this information to the Canadian consumers. He transferred me to BMW Canada Customer Service where I am told the only information available is that the car is under construction, with no further details.
Yeah the customer service of BMW Canada is garbage.

Since the car in production it should be done by this week. After the car is on a boat, then try track VIN as the cargo ID on Wallenius Wihlelmsen's website.

Good luck
Appreciate 1
evilalien447.50
      07-02-2021, 06:34 PM   #6
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Quote:
I called at this number which is indeed BMW Canada. But when I choose the option of speaking to the genius I was automatically transferred to the US and the genius explained to me that they are not authorized to give this information to the Canadian consumers. He transferred me to BMW Canada Customer Service where I am told the only information available is that the car is under construction, with no further details.
Yeah the customer service of BMW Canada is garbage.

Since the car in production it should be done by this week. After the car is on a boat, then try track VIN as the cargo ID on Wallenius Wihlelmsen's website.

Good luck

Totally agree

I rarely call BMW Canada customer service.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 06:46 PM   #7
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris888 View Post
Totally agree

I rarely call BMW Canada customer service.
We have a Customer Service?

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 09:44 PM   #8
G80BSM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

There was this guy in the M2 forums who offered to track the cars back in 2019. Dunno if he’s still active but I would try to find the username for you.
      07-03-2021, 12:32 PM   #9
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80BSM View Post
There was this guy in the M2 forums who offered to track the cars back in 2019. Dunno if he's still active but I would try to find the username for you.
There was also someone from a dealership that offered recently here. [s]I'll find it and edit this reply with a link.[/s]

Paging akBMWGrandRiver to the courtesy phone.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 11:57 AM   #10
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
There was also someone from a dealership that offered recently here. [s]I'll find it and edit this reply with a link.[/s]

Paging akBMWGrandRiver to the courtesy phone.
yes if I have prod# I can assist but so can any SA
Appreciate 1
evilalien447.50
      07-06-2021, 12:13 PM   #11
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

m4rcs you might be interested in this thread, good to get someone else on the west coast onto the list of those of us impatiently waiting
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #12
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Have any of us Canadian folk got the AWD production scheduled? Mine is still planning to schedule and SA told me it will likely be a production week 33 (mid-late Aug range).

It kills me to see cars for our southern friend getting built already. How BMW will launch AWD in august if the first cars are not arriving until October Lmao☹️
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 05:52 PM   #13
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Have any of us Canadian folk got the AWD production scheduled? Mine is still planning to schedule and SA told me it will likely be a production week 33 (mid-late Aug range).

It kills me to see cars for our southern friend getting built already. How BMW will launch AWD in august if the first cars are not arriving until October Lmao☹️
Not yet, but I'm expecting roughly the same time frame for build. I talked with my dealerships order coordinator, and he said BMW would release schedules for August in July, so I'm expecting something "soon". I'm probably going to wait until Friday to ask for an update.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2021, 03:11 AM   #14
m4compgang
SOLD: ‘16 F83 M4, ‘22 G82 M4CX CURRENT: ‘23 M3CX
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive

I have confirmed to be Build Week 30 here in Vancouver BC. July 29 the vehicle will be completed. Hopefully no delays at port but it should arrive in Sept. Very unfortunate we cannot track our vehicles like our friends down south.

22 M4C xDrive
Sapphire Black Metallic
KO Full Merino
Ultimate Package
Carbon Interior
Carbon Buckets
Red Brake Calipers
826M Gloss Black
Appreciate 1
evilalien447.50