home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums CANADA

05-19-2021, 08:28 PM   #1
BMWNewb10
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp

Advice for M3 Order

Hi all,

Many of you seem to have a lot of knowledge or experience dealing with orders for your 2021 M3.

My situation is that I placed an order and deposit for a 2021 M3 comp in March. I was told a June delivery.

When I speak to my SA he tells me now that BMW has stopped production of the 2021 and my allocation is being pushed to 2022.

I don’t see how that makes any sense as I have a production number for this model year.

It feels like he’s not really giving me accurate or clear information or even trying to find out more about what’s going on with my M3 and now he says I won’t have one until 2022.

Many people have ordered either at the same time I did or after and don’t have this problem so I’m not happy about what I’m being told now.

Any advice or insight?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 09:13 PM   #2
pcai
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
F90 M5  [0.00]
A model year 2022 doesn't mean you will get it in 2022. You will still get it this year no?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 09:18 PM   #3
BMWNewb10
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcai View Post
A model year 2022 doesn't mean you will get it in 2022. You will still get it this year no?
Yes however I will lose warranty and also it won’t arrive until the fall.

I was told I would receive my 2021 in June.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 09:47 PM   #4
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNewb10 View Post

Might be due to the global chip shortages cascading throughout the supply chain for various components of the cars. I've heard rumours that BMW is stopping production early, or at least slowing down due to supply chain impacts.
Appreciate 1
ai38868.50
      05-19-2021, 11:01 PM   #5
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:

How will you lose warranty? Warranty period doesn’t start until you take ownership.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 12:09 AM   #6
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Quote:

How will you lose warranty? Warranty period doesn’t start until you take ownership.
I've seen in other threads that the warranty on MY22 is shorter than the MY21s.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 12:20 AM   #7
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
I've seen in other threads that the warranty on MY22 is shorter than the MY21s.
Ah. That I have not seen but haven’t looked into either.
Have dealer throw in extended warranty 😁
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 01:16 PM   #8
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Agreed I would definitely use the loss of one year of free maintenance as a tool to seek additional discount off of the purchase price. That year four service is typically an expensive one

On the plus side however what I am being told is that certain BMWs are being delivered with feature deletes. Things that are sensor-based or component based (which in reality could be anything) but the specific examples I was given was no HK stereo, no lumbar support, no Adaptive cruise control, no foot trunk release. While some of those I could care less about some of those I definitely care about. So it may be a bit of a blessing and that you would get a car that would be more complete conceivably.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 06:09 PM   #9
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris888 View Post
Agreed I would definitely use the loss of one year of free maintenance as a tool to seek additional discount off of the purchase price. That year four service is typically an expensive one

On the plus side however what I am being told is that certain BMWs are being delivered with feature deletes. Things that are sensor-based or component based (which in reality could be anything) but the specific examples I was given was no HK stereo, no lumbar support, no Adaptive cruise control, no foot trunk release. While some of those I could care less about some of those I definitely care about. So it may be a bit of a blessing and that you would get a car that would be more complete conceivably.
I could see them cutting things out of base, but I'm going to be upset if I don't get a complete car.

I've decided to proceed after a few calls around in different provinces.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 07:27 AM   #10
ckennedyYOW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Well, theres no way I am parting with my fully loaded G20 to settle for an G80 that has missing features. I will wait until they can offer a complete car for $100K
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 07:48 AM   #11
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Hi all,

Many of you seem to have a lot of knowledge or experience dealing with orders for your 2021 M3.

My situation is that I placed an order and deposit for a 2021 M3 comp in March. I was told a June delivery.

When I speak to my SA he tells me now that BMW has stopped production of the 2021 and my allocation is being pushed to 2022.

I don’t see how that makes any sense as I have a production number for this model year.

It feels like he’s not really giving me accurate or clear information or even trying to find out more about what’s going on with my M3 and now he says I won’t have one until 2022.

Many people have ordered either at the same time I did or after and don’t have this problem so I’m not happy about what I’m being told now.

Any advice or insight?

Thanks
I'm in the US but in a similar situation. Worked out a deal for 5% off MSRP plus $500 loyalty back in March on a 21' M3 Comp. Received a production # on 4/5 but have been in limbo ever since.

I was originally told it would be a week 19 build but that never happened. Called Genius a month ago and they said it had been pushed to an estimated week 24 build. Talked to my SA last week and he said he's been keeping an eye out but the status went backwards and hasn't moved.

Called yesterday spoke to Genius again, they said it was showing scheduled for week 21 build but obviously that didn't happen. I don't know. If I hadn't gotten a good deal I probably would just get my deposit back.

I don't really need a car right now as I work from home so I'm inclined to just wait. I did ask about when production ends for 21' but Genius couldn't tell me. It would suck to have to wait until August but as someone else mentioned I'd rather had a car with all of the options that I ordered. I feel your pain.

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #12
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantdieselx View Post
I'm in the US but in a similar situation. Worked out a deal for 5% off MSRP plus $500 loyalty back in March on a 21' M3 Comp. Received a production # on 4/5 but have been in limbo ever since.

I was originally told it would be a week 19 build but that never happened. Called Genius a month ago and they said it had been pushed to an estimated week 24 build. Talked to my SA last week and he said he's been keeping an eye out but the status went backwards and hasn't moved.

Called yesterday spoke to Genius again, they said it was showing scheduled for week 21 build but obviously that didn't happen. I don't know. If I hadn't gotten a good deal I probably would just get my deposit back.

I don't really need a car right now as I work from home so I'm inclined to just wait. I did ask about when production ends for 21' but Genius couldn't tell me. It would suck to have to wait until August but as someone else mentioned I'd rather had a car with all of the options that I ordered. I feel your pain.
Man - this stuff is depressing to read. I placed my deposit yesterday and don't even have an allocation yet.

I know these are major first world problems but I really want the car before the end of the year
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 02:21 PM   #13
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Tyga11 there arent allocations yet, but it's coming soon.

I got word this morning that the order sheets are out for the M4 Cabriolet, other MY22 should be soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 02:42 PM   #14
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantdieselx View Post

Man - this stuff is depressing to read. I placed my deposit yesterday and don't even have an allocation yet.

I know these are major first world problems but I really want the car before the end of the year
Exactly. I just keep telling myself I can't control it so no use in stressing over it but nonetheless it is aggravating. My SA, who is also a good friend said "Don't worry, it will come in and it will be glorious." I'm sure he's right. Fingers crossed.

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 05:40 PM   #15
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

BMWNA order sheets are out in the US, but just checked with my sales contact and Canadian order and pricing guides are not out yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 12:59 PM   #16
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

As I obsess over options in advance of locking down my build, the lack of granularity in the packages is annoying me. I could quite happily take everything in the "ultimate" package except for the carbon buckets. I loved them in my test drive in April, but don't want them for a DD. This probably helps force me not to "over option" the car.

BMWNewb10, what are you thinking for your's?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 03:55 PM   #17
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
As I obsess over options in advance of locking down my build, the lack of granularity in the packages is annoying me. I could quite happily take everything in the "ultimate" package except for the carbon buckets. I loved them in my test drive in April, but don't want them for a DD. This probably helps force me not to "over option" the car.

BMWNewb10, what are you thinking for your's?
you can remove M Carbon Buckets and get Ventilated Seats instead.. Order guides for MY22 are out
Appreciate 1
evilalien447.50
      06-16-2021, 10:57 AM   #18
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akBMWGrandRiver View Post
you can remove M Carbon Buckets and get Ventilated Seats instead.. Order guides for MY22 are out
That's exactly what I'm doing

Order is in, waiting on production number and month. My dealership got me approval for Santorini blue and confirmation from BMW that the production delay won't be bad enough to push delivery to next year.
Appreciate 0