BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

08-11-2022, 07:12 PM   #1
downshiftapex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not fast enough

Question Need Help Deciding!

Hi Guys,

I recently sold my F82 YMB on SO M4, so I have a soft spot for any shade of blue with a red interior. My allocation has been confirmed and I have been told if I go the individual color, lately BMW Corp has been flipping those to production quicker than expected. So I need to make my final decision soon. Regardless of color the car will be a M3c X drive.

Daytona Blue on Fiona Red
- Rarer individual color
- Looks like YMB under direct light and is amazing in person, my buddy has a Mexico Blue M5
- Tribute to my first M

IOMG on Kyalami Orange
- It would be a nice change from blue
- Looks pretty aggressive in my opinion
- Saves me $4k
- Love how the colors changes throughout the day
- I would get this build by Oct/Nov which would be around my B-Day and would be a nice present to myself LOL!

I never knew choosing a color would be this hard. I blame BMW for making the G8x platform look so good in every single color. What do you guys think? If you had to pick which would you go for?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 07:32 PM   #2
apexes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

I was also considering IOMG on KO but ended up going individual. I had very slight reservations on IOMG...really liked it in person where it looks like a deep emerald green, only thing I didn't like was the way it looks in photos (almost turquoise hue)...it wouldn't have stopped me from getting one since I'm not buying it for photos, but I went with something that I had no reservations about. I also like the idea that individual paints are far more limited and it helped that individual paints are discounted to $3,750 for the 50th anniversary.

I don't think you can wrong, and either way you'll have something special!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 07:54 PM   #3
downshiftapex
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexes View Post
I was also considering IOMG on KO but ended up going individual. I had very slight reservations on IOMG...really liked it in person where it looks like a deep emerald green, only thing I didn't like was the way it looks in photos (almost turquoise hue)...it wouldn't have stopped me from getting one since I'm not buying it for photos, but I went with something that I had no reservations about. I also like the idea that individual paints are far more limited and it helped that individual paints are discounted to $3,750 for the 50th anniversary.

I don't think you can wrong, and either way you'll have something special!
I feel the same way about YMB pictures would never capture how different it would look based on lighting/shade. I felt like I was getting 10 colors in one lol. I have seen IOMG in person but only in cloudy weather. I am not sure how I feel about it in direct sunlight as pictures make it look like an emerald green.

What color did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 08:36 PM   #4
apexes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshiftapex View Post
I feel the same way about YMB pictures would never capture how different it would look based on lighting/shade. I felt like I was getting 10 colors in one lol. I have seen IOMG in person but only in cloudy weather. I am not sure how I feel about it in direct sunlight as pictures make it look like an emerald green.

What color did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Overcast is actually when I like IOMG best as it looks more green to my eyes, but I live in socal and it is almost never overcast lol.

I am going with Grigio Telesto on KO...for individual it was really close for me between that and Violet Blue, which I feel like is the closest you can get to Laguna Seca Blue, might regret not taking the chance but without seeing it in person I didn't want to risk it.

FWIW I have seen Daytona in person and love it. IMO the bright non-metallic colors really suit the G80.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:26 PM   #5
downshiftapex
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexes View Post
Overcast is actually when I like IOMG best as it looks more green to my eyes, but I live in socal and it is almost never overcast lol.

I am going with Grigio Telesto on KO...for individual it was really close for me between that and Violet Blue, which I feel like is the closest you can get to Laguna Seca Blue, might regret not taking the chance but without seeing it in person I didn't want to risk it.

FWIW I have seen Daytona in person and love it. IMO the bright non-metallic colors really suit the G80.
That is a solid choice and great spec man. It will be a head turner for sure.

I wish they would of approved Laguna Seca Blue or YMB for the G8x.

FWIW I bought my M4 sight unseen. Had never seen the "superman" spec in person, and ended up loving it. Sometimes its good to just take the risk.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 09:31 PM   #6
omer611
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 6MT IOMG/KO

That's an easy one, IOMG on KO!! The color looks absolutely amazing in person!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 10:00 PM   #7
apexes
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That is a solid choice and great spec man. It will be a head turner for sure.

I wish they would of approved Laguna Seca Blue or YMB for the G8x.

FWIW I bought my M4 sight unseen. Had never seen the "superman" spec in person, and ended up loving it. Sometimes its good to just take the risk.
No doubt! I also had a YMB M4 and loved it, but I had seen one in person so knew I would lol. LSB was my first choice which was denied, and I didn't have much time to debate since my allocation was in 112 (as IOMG) and I waffled between sticking with it or going individual with Grigio or Violet Blue, and decided to pull the trigger on Grigio. Definitely might have been worth the risk on VB but not willing to change anything now as I've waited long enough... not risking anymore delays and I know I will love Grigio w/ the contrast of KO.

Orders are flipping fairly quickly right now to 150 so if by chance my individual request hadn't been approved in time I would have been more than happy with IOMG. Even though I would pick IOMG for me, my recommendation would be Daytona Blue, or individual regardless of color, as chances of seeing another DB are far lower than IOMG and I think the rarity factor is awesome...I'm probably not helping your debate

Last edited by apexes; 08-11-2022 at 10:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 10:05 PM   #8
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

I didn't pick an individual color as I didn't want my MY22 allocation to be delayed to MY23. Had i had had taken that route, i would have gone with Daytona Beach blue.

Since recent allocations are switching to 150 status really quick, you can have IOMG as your current build and place an individual request as soon as you can if you take that route. This way, you dont have to worry if the request doesnt go through.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 10:06 PM   #9
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
So…very similar situation as you. I ended up jumping the line when I switched to Daytona blue (build week 44) and I chose that colour over IOMG because of how it really seemed to pop to me over the green.

We all have our own opinions but I love the Daytona and how rare it is. I also usually get the red interior and debated doing Yas blue interior on the M seats but I felt like it would have been too much blue so I went with black interior (exciting on outside, boring but slick on the inside).

At the end of the day, it's your car and your choice but I find the Daytona looks killer over the IOMG.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 10:08 PM   #10
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
I didn't pick an individual color as I didn't want my MY22 allocation to be delayed to MY23. Had i had had taken that route, i would have gone with Daytona Beach blue.
As the OP mentioned, BMW is somehow prioritizing individual colour orders over the standard colours.

Weird but I've mentioned in other threads that they jumped me over 7 other people in line and got my allocation today.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 10:14 PM   #11
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
As the OP mentioned, BMW is somehow prioritizing individual colour orders over the standard colours.
OP is saying he wants to take a decision before the start is flips to 150. BMW doesnt prioritize individual colors, If anything it delays the production as they are built in batches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Weird but I've mentioned in other threads that they jumped me over 7 other people in line and got my allocation today.
This has to do with your dealer and not BMW. You cannot submit individual request without getting an allocation and BMW would have no idea while giving you the initial allocation which would have standard paint.
Appreciate 1
apexes691.00
      08-12-2022, 11:08 AM   #12
downshiftapex
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
OP is saying he wants to take a decision before the start is flips to 150. BMW doesnt prioritize individual colors, If anything it delays the production as they are built in batches.

This has to do with your dealer and not BMW. You cannot submit individual request without getting an allocation and BMW would have no idea while giving you the initial allocation which would have standard paint.

I told my dealer I would let them know today. I'm still torn lol. A friend of mine did Daytona Blue and from the day he placed order to taking delivery it took BMW 4 months. From what I am understanding from my SA is that production is ramping up back to normal and people should start to see deliveries much quicker. My SA told me that if I go the Individual route that BMW would flip it to production quicker. That is what I am hearing I am not sure about the accuracy of it.

I do like the fact that if I go with Daytona Blue I would be the only one in CT with that color (at least to my knowledge). Everyone close to me is saying don't do it because I'm essentially paying $4k for a color that is similar to my YMB....
Appreciate 1
M3X_TB2284.00
      08-12-2022, 11:29 AM   #13
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A friend of mine did Daytona Blue and from the day he placed order to taking delivery it took BMW 4 months. From what I am understanding from my SA is that production is ramping up back to normal and people should start to see deliveries much quicker. My SA told me that if I go the Individual route that BMW would flip it to production quicker. That is what I am hearing I am not sure about the accuracy of it.
Individual orders are built in batches. If you are closer to the next batch, your order might be expedited. General consensus is that individual order might bring in additional delay but each case might be different.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 11:47 AM   #14
FoxberryJam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 CompX; '98 m Roadster

Garage List
Given those choices - I'd go DBB/FR here!