Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 11:45 AM   #46
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoNaH View Post
I hope they are more open minded than the people you are dealing with. 3 weeks without ur m3 is ridiculous! Hope u get ur car back asap, thanks for keeping us updated.
Ya, barring a miracle turn around, my SA is probably looking at his first review of not all 10s. I likely won’t be coming back for follow up services either. The communication and resistance to outside suggestions has been frustrating. In 2+ weeks they’ve tried one solution which was basically a software reset. Otherwise the car has been sitting while they wait for another G80 to magically come in to compare to (because there are sooo many cycling through ) or the BMW regional tech to tell them what to do.

Last edited by KANdaddy; 09-12-2022 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 02:06 PM   #47
JoNaH
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Quote:
I hope they are more open minded than the people you are dealing with. 3 weeks without ur m3 is ridiculous! Hope u get ur car back asap, thanks for keeping us updated.
Ya, barring a miracle turn around, my SA is probably looking at his first review of not all 10s. I likely won't be coming back for follow up services either. The communication and resistance to outside suggestions has been frustrating. In 2+ weeks they've tried one solution which was basically a software reset. Otherwise the car has been sitting while they wait for another G80 to magically come in to compare to (because there are sooo many cycling through ) or the BMW regional tech to tell them what to do.
That's insane, don't blame you for not wanting to come back. I had something similar happen with Benz with my c63s edition 1 coupe. Car sat for 2 weeks waiting on an engineer from Germany to tell them how to fix it 🤦🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 06:45 PM   #48
IDKBRO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80

Garage List
2022 TESLA SLR  [5.25]
2022 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
This is not an issue about the squeaking. I know full well that is normal for this car, even loud freight train sounds at times are normal. My CS did this too esp on hot days.

But recently I have noticed what I can only describe as a shaking or shuddering when I apply the brakes with med to light pressure and just as the car comes to a complete stop. My front passengers clearly feel it too. When braking hard, there is no vibration though. There is also a very slight but noticeable vibration coming from the steering wheel when on the freeway. I have an appointment to check it out but wanted to see if any others have experience this. I may also try washing the front wheels today and apply an iron remover to see if that might help as some have said brake dust build up might be the culprit. I did bed the brakes pretty hard this week to elevate the normal squeaking we experience. Anyway, thank for sharing any thoughts.

UPDATE: So the dealer has had my car for a week now. They say that 100% the problem is not with the braking system. The regional BMW tech asked them to reset the transmission "adaptions" and that did nothing. Now they had them unhook the transfer case thinking it might be a problem with the AWD system (which I told them when I brought the car in that the problem occurs both in AWD and 4WD Sport modes). Anyway, they disconnected the transfer case and the problem still exists. Now they are waiting for the regional tech to tell them what to do next and since it is a holiday weekend, I am probably looking at least another week with no M3. All they have been able to determine for sure so far is that a) its not a brake system problem and b) the problem is more noticeable when it is hot out (which I already told them when I brought the car in). At least they gave me a new X5 loaner that uses 2x as much gas for the same amount of driving as my M3 does

UPDATE 2: Apparently they have determined they need to replace both my engine mounts. Parts won’t be here until Friday. Based on how quickly this service department usually works, I’m mentally preparing to have no M3 until at least next Monday.
"Now they had them unhook the transfer case thinking it might be a problem with the AWD system (which I told them when I brought the car in that the problem occurs both in AWD and 4WD Sport modes)"

Hey OP ,
Are you suggesting the issue was never present in 2WD setting ?
If so , don't think replacing engine mounts will help lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 01:29 PM   #49
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDKBRO View Post
"Now they had them unhook the transfer case thinking it might be a problem with the AWD system (which I told them when I brought the car in that the problem occurs both in AWD and 4WD Sport modes)"

Hey OP ,
I only drive in AWD or 4WD Sport modes. The problem is present in both modes. The techs I have spoken with outside of my dealer also do not think it is the mounts. But they did confirm the path of thinking that my tech’s might be going through that brought them to that conclusion.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 02:27 PM   #50
IDKBRO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80

Garage List
2022 TESLA SLR  [5.25]
2022 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Quote:

Hey OP ,
I only drive in AWD or 4WD Sport modes. The problem is present in both modes. The techs I have spoken with outside of my dealer also do not think it is the mounts. But they did confirm the path of thinking that my tech’s might be going through that brought them to that conclusion.
Would help to have tested it out in 2WD to confirm my suspicion that it is truly AWD system related.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 02:35 PM   #51
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Would help to have tested it out in 2WD to confirm my suspicion that it is truly AWD system related.
The techs have. Still present.

Based on their course of action and the feedback I’ve received, I truly believe they have no idea what they are doing. They waited an entire weekend doing nothing. I was told “we are hoping for another G80 comes in for service so we can compare. When I asked if there was another one scheduled for service that weekend, I was told “I don’t know. They come in from time to time.” WTF? They also seem to need the regional tech’s permission to go to the restroom. I know our cars are new but the technology surrounding them is not. These guys should be able to use their mechanical knowledge to trouble shoot and figure out the problem without some higher-up’s permission. Ok. Off my soapbox.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 09:07 AM   #52
JoNaH
Captain
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Quote:
The techs have. Still present.

Based on their course of action and the feedback I’ve received, I truly believe they have no idea what they are doing. They waited an entire weekend doing nothing. I was told “we are hoping for another G80 comes in for service so we can compare. When I asked if there was another one scheduled for service that weekend, I was told “I don’t know. They come in from time to time.” WTF? They also seem to need the regional tech’s permission to go to the restroom. I know our cars are new but the technology surrounding them is not. These guys should be able to use their mechanical knowledge to trouble shoot and figure out the problem without some higher-up’s permission. Ok. Off my soapbox.
This is insane, how do they not know when the next g80 is coming in? They have everything scheduled out ahead of time. Sorry you are going through this, I'd be so heated.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 12:14 PM   #53
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
This is insane, how do they not know when the next g80 is coming in? They have everything scheduled out ahead of time. Sorry you are going through this, I'd be so heated.
Oh, trust me, I’m super 🤬! My SA called me yesterday for an “update, not an update”. I usually chat it up with him b/c he’s an enthusiast but now I’m just like, “uh huh…*sigh*…ok. Whatever. Keep me informed”…click.
Appreciate 1
JoNaH279.00
      09-15-2022, 10:13 PM   #54
Former-Mopar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MBW M4 Comp

This is unbelievable
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 08:34 AM   #55
BMWRacer523
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Sorry for what you are going through but this pretty typical unfortunately. Have you tried opening a case with BMW NA yet?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 12:00 PM   #56
colo3Kid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Oh, trust me, I’m super 🤬! My SA called me yesterday for an “update, not an update”. I usually chat it up with him b/c he’s an enthusiast but now I’m just like, “uh huh…*sigh*…ok. Whatever. Keep me informed”…click.
Curious to hear whether you got any feedback or response from your SA about the the SIB and if this might be the cause of your G80's issues? What is the status surrounding the engine mount replacement? It does sound like taking this up a notch or to BMW NA seems like a good step.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 01:17 PM   #57
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRacer523 View Post
Sorry for what you are going through but this pretty typical unfortunately. Have you tried opening a case with BMW NA yet?
I called BMW and opened a formal case surrounding a credit for the time the car has been in service (now officially 3 weeks). They were super nice and confirmed that once I finally get the car back, they will calculate a cash refund for me. I have not opened a case/formal complaint around the lack of/slow service from the dealer. I will do that today if my SA does not have good news for me by the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo3Kid View Post
Curious to hear whether you got any feedback or response from your SA about the the SIB and if this might be the cause of your G80's issues? What is the status surrounding the engine mount replacement? It does sound like taking this up a notch or to BMW NA seems like a good step.
Here is the latest update as of yesterday. Please get ready to LOL or scream depending on your feelings. I am doing a bit of both.

Wed: My SA did confirm that he spoke to his "techs" about the SIB and the cooling hose issue you had shared (thank you for that). He said they ruled out the SIB and were going to look into the cooling hose if the mounts did not fix anything. I never received a call back about the test drive after having installed the new engine mounts successfully as I mentioned above. So I concluded that silence = that didn't fix the issue.

Thurs: SA texts me to ask if I noticed the issue after the break in service. I said, No..I noticed it a few days after you replaced the wheel that your guys curbed up during my break in service. I then gave him a screen shot of my original text to him informing him of he issue and asking if he thought I needed to bring it in. That was dated Aug 23. I also mentioned that it had been very hot recently before the issue first popped up, 90+ degrees everyday for the past 2 weeks. He responded the we would let the shop forman know.

I also asked him once again if they had 100% ruled out a brake problem since a few master techs I have spoken to online think my rotors may have high spots and that it is actually a very common thing with our cars. He confirmed that they ruled out any brake issues.

So that is where I am. Still waiting. I have not heard anything today and given their history that tells me I am probably without my car until mid next week.
      09-16-2022, 02:14 PM   #58
colo3Kid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
I called BMW and opened a formal case surrounding a credit for the time the car has been in service (now officially 3 weeks). They were super nice and confirmed that once I finally get the car back, they will calculate a cash refund for me. I have not opened a case/formal complaint around the lack of/slow service from the dealer. I will do that today if my SA does not have good news for me by the end of the day.

Here is the latest update as of yesterday. Please get ready to LOL or scream depending on your feelings. I am doing a bit of both.

Wed: My SA did confirm that he spoke to his "techs" about the SIB and the cooling hose issue you had shared (thank you for that). He said they ruled out the SIB and were going to look into the cooling hose if the mounts did not fix anything. I never received a call back about the test drive after having installed the new engine mounts successfully as I mentioned above. So I concluded that silence = that didn't fix the issue.

Thurs: SA texts me to ask if I noticed the issue after the break in service. I said, No..I noticed it a few days after you replaced the wheel that your guys curbed up during my break in service. I then gave him a screen shot of my original text to him informing him of he issue and asking if he thought I needed to bring it in. That was dated Aug 23. I also mentioned that it had been very hot recently before the issue first popped up, 90+ degrees everyday for the past 2 weeks. He responded the we would let the shop forman know.

I also asked him once again if they had 100% ruled out a brake problem since a few master techs I have spoken to online think my rotors may have high spots and that it is actually a very common thing with our cars. He confirmed that they ruled out any brake issues.

So that is where I am. Still waiting. I have not heard anything today and given their history that tells me I am probably without my car until mid next week.
Well they installed the new mounts and no change, they didn't mention if they had checked out the cooling hose issue discussed in this thread? Perhaps they did? But your note doesn't mention it?

Very weird that this issue shows up after replacing the wheel THEY curbed?! Did they curb it hard? Maybe not.. but what if? What are the details behind this incident?

Have they taken any data of the rotors and showed it to you as proof they have ruled it out? Same thought process for the SIB. I am a firm believer in Trust but Verify. At this point where is their data?
Appreciate 1
KANdaddy2501.50
      09-16-2022, 04:51 PM   #59
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by colo3Kid View Post
Well they installed the new mounts and no change, they didn't mention if they had checked out the cooling hose issue discussed in this thread? Perhaps they did? But your note doesn't mention it?

Very weird that this issue shows up after replacing the wheel THEY curbed?! Did they curb it hard? Maybe not.. but what if? What are the details behind this incident?

Have they taken any data of the rotors and showed it to you as proof they have ruled it out? Same thought process for the SIB. I am a firm believer in Trust but Verify. At this point where is their data?
They have not confirmed they checked the cooling hose. Only that they were going to look into it.

I have no idea how hard the wheel was curbed. It was the right rear wheel and it did require a realignment. The wheel was scuffed all the way around 3/4 of the wheel's surface. Since this was the rear wheel, I do not think it is related to my current situation.

They have not provided any data regarding the brakes. Only told me they thoroughly inspected the system and it checked out.
      09-16-2022, 05:27 PM   #60
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

OK...here we go. SA just called me and said that they think it is the electronic power steering (EPS) programming. They did do a software update on my car when it was in for the new wheel. They think that is what caused the issue. Because BMW is closed over the weekend, they cannot get the new file from them and load it into my car until Tuesday (the dealer's service center is closed on Monday). He said if the software fix doesn't resolve the issue they will need to look into replacing the entire steering system! I know this happened to the YouTuber, What'sYourForte. I sincerely hope this is not going to be the case for me.

Last edited by KANdaddy; 09-16-2022 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3685.50
      09-16-2022, 05:35 PM   #61
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
OK...here we go. SA just called me and said that they think it is the electronic power steering (EPS) programming. They did do a software update on my car when it was in for the new wheel. They think that is what caused the issue. Because BMW is closed over the weekend, they cannot get the new file from them and load it into my car until Tuesday (the dealer's service center is closed on Monday). He said if the software fix doesn't resolve the issue they will need to look into replacing the entire steering system! I know this happened to the YouTuber, Slowspeed. I sincerely hope this is not going to be the case for me.
Was it Slowspeed, or, Whats your Forte? NCG80M3 Maybe WYF can chime in, and see if any of this sounds like what he went through?

Appreciate 1
KANdaddy2501.50
      09-16-2022, 05:37 PM   #62
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Was it Slowspeed, or, Whats your Forte? NCG80M3 Maybe WYF can chime in, and see if any of this sounds like what he went through?
You are right. It was WYF. Thanks! Hoping that if software caused the issue that software will fix it.

Edit: Just watched one of WYF's vids. It seems like his issue was with the steering wheel not returning to center after making a turn. That is def not the issue I have. But, who knows, it could be related.

Last edited by KANdaddy; 09-16-2022 at 05:45 PM..
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13525.50
T0RM3NT3685.50
      09-16-2022, 05:41 PM   #63
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
You are right. It was WYF. Thanks! Hoping that if software caused the issue that software will fix it.
Ok, cool. Lets hope.

Appreciate 2
KANdaddy2501.50
T0RM3NT3685.50
      09-16-2022, 05:59 PM   #64
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Man…I can't imagine the frustration you're going through. They sound like clowns at a circus and they're all scratching their heads.

Hang in there…fwiw I enjoy the updates and the side commentary. It just paints the picture so much clearer!

I'm coming up on my 10k and I have a vibration/rattle in the drivers dash that I need to have them look at. Always scared of what that's gonna turn into…
Appreciate 1
KANdaddy2501.50
      09-16-2022, 06:20 PM   #65
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoi19 View Post
Man…I can't imagine the frustration you're going through. They sound like clowns at a circus and they're all scratching their heads.

Hang in there…fwiw I enjoy the updates and the side commentary. It just paints the picture so much clearer!

I'm coming up on my 10k and I have a vibration/rattle in the drivers dash that I need to have them look at. Always scared of what that's gonna turn into…
Glad I could provide some entertainment for the rest of you all. Clowns are a perfect description. They are currently remodeling the dealership. I should suggest a Ringling Bros big top design for the service bays.
      09-16-2022, 06:34 PM   #66
evoi19
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoi19 View Post

Glad I could provide some entertainment for the rest of you all. Clowns are a perfect description. They are currently remodeling the dealership. I should suggest a Ringling Bros big top design for the service bays.
This came to mind
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M4Tejas795.50
KANdaddy2501.50
colo3Kid154.50