BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

01-14-2023, 05:21 PM   #1
murphysflaw
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 - Dravit & Fiona

I'm counting down the minutes until I pick up my m3 comp this week. I'm curious if anyone has driven both a g8x and am AMG c63s and could comment on your experience? I had a 2019 c63s and drove it for a couple of years before I ditched it for my redeye. I immediately missed it. Exhaust on the redeye is intoxicating and I love the insane power but there's definitely a lot to be desired (interior mostly) hence why I'm getting an ultimate driving machine . C63s sounded great too but not nearly as much as the redeye. AMG was much quicker and fairly nimble but I imagine the g8x should be ever more so. Any one who's experienced both please share your opinion while I wait.

I'll drop some pics once she touches down.

Dravit Grey - Fiona Red Full - Int& Ext. Carbon fiber - Bicolor wheels (found this one already in US with more desirable options and ditched my Frozen Pure Grey stuck in Germany)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2023, 05:32 PM   #2
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
C63S sounds amazing. That's probably the only plus.

I found it to be a much harsher ride with a less refined chassis, the interior to be full of plastic, more cramped, poorer visibility, less traction, noticable power and performance difference, etc.

Its a platform that is almost a decade old and it shows. IMO its more appropriate to compare it to the Alfa QV than the G80 which has similar qualities and deficiencies.
Appreciate 1