BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

04-29-2022, 02:44 PM   #67
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBlackJack View Post
“WE ARE M”

Let me fix the above:

“WE ARE Missing our core market”

Sadly, don’t think there’s a reverse course on this. Once again, worth saying, your enthusiasts will gravitate away from the brand when you consistently misalign strategy with demand. Most everyone will make a “good” electric sports car within German carmakers- building loyalty now is important. I’ll say it again- a petition to Audi to bring the RS4 Avant here may be worthwhile and a poke in the eye of BMW if it actually came into fruition.
This is what we need:
https://youtu.be/i6a18GWm0RQ

I am not an EV evangelist, but that e-tron Avant and Ioniq 5 are stunning designs.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 10:20 AM   #68
acce98
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M8 COMP

Just got the confirmation from my dealer that the Touring will come with a standard roof no carbon . Yesterday they told me that the CH waiting list for CSL M4 is open no spec or price
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 07:11 AM   #69
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBlackJack View Post
“WE ARE M”

Let me fix the above:

“WE ARE Missing our core market”

Sadly, don’t think there’s a reverse course on this. Once again, worth saying, your enthusiasts will gravitate away from the brand when you consistently misalign strategy with demand. Most everyone will make a “good” electric sports car within German carmakers- building loyalty now is important. I’ll say it again- a petition to Audi to bring the RS4 Avant here may be worthwhile and a poke in the eye of BMW if it actually came into fruition.
It comes down to cost and the cost of federalising. The M3 Touring is effectively 2 vehicles of which it's based on the non-US market G21 Touring. So you have all the challenges of federalising a standard model in order to accommodate the changes that would be on the M3 Touring.
It does not work out financially beneficial especially for a limited run of cars.

In Europe there is industry talk of the Audi A4 only coming as an Avant omitting the sedan in the way VW are doing with the Euro-Passat. Replacing it with An all electric e-Tron Sportback model, again which VW are said to be doing.

It is very much expected that the next RS 4 Avant could probably be a hybrid or even go full Electric.
But Audi have the same dilemma as Mercedes experienced with the E63 T-Modell. Customers prefer the equivalent SUV.
In other words the RS Q8 and AMG GLE63.
      05-03-2022, 12:53 PM   #70
acce98
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M8 COMP

https://www.bmwblog.com/2022/05/03/b...eiled-in-june/
Appreciate 1
IanW555484.50
      05-03-2022, 12:57 PM   #71
IanW555
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G81 M3T / X5 F15 30d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by acce98 View Post
June feels about right with the timing of the Teaser videos.

Hoping to take delivery this year

Appreciate 0