BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

11-23-2021, 09:32 AM   #463
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Love me some Kimi and Steiner

One doesn't talk and the other drops F bombs every other word
The undisputed star of Drive to Survive IMO!
Appreciate 2
      11-23-2021, 10:15 AM   #464
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
quite a straight forward race that Lewis really needed.. and the weird part Max's race pace was good enough to get the fastest lap but not enough to catch him.. really weird.. maybe electric juice in RBs is pretty aggressive..

and Alonso on post race interview was like..

Great to see Alonso on the podium for sure, even though I’m not a big fan.

Pretty sure Lewi7 was considering tire condition/failures and didn’t push for the fast lap.

A compared to last year, it’s been a great season and it’s not over!

Thanks as always for setting these up for each race.
Appreciate 2
________4161.50
Autobacs1385.50
      11-23-2021, 11:28 AM   #465
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post

Pretty sure 1ewis was considering tire condition/failures and didn’t push for the fast lap.

FTFY
Appreciate 1
Steeler2430.00
      11-23-2021, 11:57 AM   #466
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
FTFY
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post

Pretty sure L8wis was considering tire condition/failures and didn’t push for the fast lap.

Final revision. Send it.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
fanatic11018.50
      11-23-2021, 01:40 PM   #467
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Think It's not so bad , as MAX pulled the fastest lap last weekend with such an old HONDA PU .

HAM's Turkish PU vs the Brazilian Rocket Grenade is +/- 80HP.
The Million $ question is : From where the extra HP suddenly came from ...

As we know HAM's ICE was replaced ,and suddenly HAM blew everyone away , that's why I'm pretty sure "something" didn't saw the daylight ...

Of course HONDA an Red Bull have to find 0.5 sec. ASAP !
He got the fastest lap because of the new soft tires and low fuel loads, and Mercedes not having a chance to counter with Bottas or Lewis. So that's not an example of engine health at all...

How do you know the horse power Delta with Hamilton's engine, Mercedes don't publish any figures. It's just pure speculation from your end, there's no million dollar question, there no anything you don't even know the real facts or figures. You can make accusations if you're making stuff up.
      11-23-2021, 02:24 PM   #468
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
He got the fastest lap because of the new soft tires and low fuel loads, and Mercedes not having a chance to counter with Bottas or Lewis. So that's not an example of engine health at all...

How do you know the horse power Delta with Hamilton's engine, Mercedes don't publish any figures. It's just pure speculation from your end, there's no million dollar question, there no anything you don't even know the real facts or figures. You can make accusations if you're making stuff up.
He had the fastest lap before he put the softs on.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 02:29 PM   #469
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Final revision. Send it.
Appreciate 1
celsdogg329.00
      11-23-2021, 02:36 PM   #470
Steeler
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think Schumi would approve honestly.
Although Ham may need to watch out for a certain Haas driver come Abu Dhabi
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 02:52 PM   #471
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
I think Schumi would approve honestly.
Although Ham may need to watch out for a certain Haas driver come Abu Dhabi
Oddly enough, as a Ferrari fan, I always preferred Rubins & Massa over OG MSC. If "Driver To Survive" was around back in the day that might have changed. MSC always seemed too robotic. Kind of like VET, I never liked him much till DTS.

However, I do like Mick and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he "accidentally" slid into 1ewis
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 03:16 PM   #472
Steeler
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Oddly enough, as a Ferrari fan, I always preferred Rubins & Massa over OG MSC. If "Driver To Survive" was around back in the day that might have changed. MSC always seemed too robotic. Kind of like VET, I never liked him much till DTS.

However, I do like Mick and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he "accidentally" slid into 1ewis
Shift L man, that looks a 1 at beginning of L8wis
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 03:21 PM   #473
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
He had the fastest lap before he put the softs on.
Yes but Lewis couldn't challenge with the virtual safety car at the end, and when max put on the softs it was pretty much all over for any counter attempts.
      11-23-2021, 03:25 PM   #474
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Yes but Lewis couldn't challenge with the virtual safety car at the end, and when max put on the softs it was pretty much all over for any counter attempts.
yeah agree, I'm just saying Max didnt get fastest lap because of the softs, he never had the chance to even try a fast lap on them iirc.
Appreciate 2
      11-23-2021, 03:28 PM   #475
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:

That is odd. I had little respect for Rubens as a driver. He was happy to be a #2 at Ferrari for the most part but took shots at MS when he left Ferrari and was second fiddle to Button as well.

Massa I liked more even though he was not on par with MS and ALO. He definitely was on par with Kimi and save for Ferrari's idiocy would have won the WDC in 2008.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 03:31 PM   #476
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
yeah agree, I'm just saying Max didnt get fastest lap because of the softs, he never had the chance to even try a fast lap on them iirc.
Yeah true, but it also didn't make sense for Lewis to risk it all and challenge for the fastest lap because of all those tire failures. Plus Mercedes don't have vb to help either.

But the fastest lap doesn't reflect pu health especially if one team does it during a lighter fuel load and the other team doesn't have a chance to retaliate.
Wakka523.00
minn1914070.50
fanatic11018.50
      11-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #477
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I wonder if you actually sleep or just wander around all night making up nonsense with fancy words, for an insomniac you sure come up with some!
Try taking a sleeping pill mate it might help you.
Since you have no response, we will just assume you don't understand the big words and you have no logical response or counter point.
Appreciate 2
minn1914070.50
F87source7320.00
      11-23-2021, 04:12 PM   #478
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
And Ham followed him in sympathy? that's how much your post makes sense.
Learn up on tyre compounds and their limits, yup they do have limits.
what made up garbage do you believe in your mind that causes you to not understand Max pushed Lewis wide at turn 4, he had to go wide or max would have caused a collision again like he did at Silverstone.

wow you might be even more clueless than the other one.
Appreciate 5
________4161.50
minn1914070.50
F87source7320.00
jkoral1029.00
3798j11602.00
      11-23-2021, 04:24 PM   #479
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Since you have no response, we will just assume you don't understand the big words and you have no logical response or counter point.
Just typical behaviour of trying to shift the subject or topic when you cannot debate back with logic or reasoning. Not surprising.
________4161.50
minn1914070.50
      11-23-2021, 04:31 PM   #480
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
That is odd. I had little respect for Rubens as a driver. He was happy to be a #2 at Ferrari for the most part but took shots at MS when he left Ferrari and was second fiddle to Button as well.

Massa I liked more even though he was not on par with MS and ALO. He definitely was on par with Kimi and save for Ferrari's idiocy would have won the WDC in 2008.
Yep, Rubins was no match for MSC but I like / liked his personality better. Same with Massa. Really wish both weren't such nice guys. Ferrari definitely needs a Niki Lauda type but don't think either could do it...And Kimi couldn't give a shit.

Thinking HAM could pull it off but has way too many other interests. Honestly I can't think of anyone else offhand
Appreciate 1
Autobacs1385.50
      11-23-2021, 04:32 PM   #481
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
It's pretty simple : To beat MAX... A *Rocket engine in Warp-Speed is really required !

Yeah ...Let's hope to get more Japanese ponies ASAP !
Well would you guess it, Merc rear wing passed the load test on Saturday (after they removed the bendy one and replaced it with another one which was slower on the straight.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...st-rock-solid/
Appreciate 2
      11-23-2021, 04:55 PM   #482
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Well would you guess it, Merc rear wing passed the load test on Saturday (after they removed the bendy one and replaced it with another one which was slower on the straight.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...st-rock-solid/
Again pull quoting and cherry picking of what article...

The article did not mention Mercedes replaced the wing with a new version.... You guys literally are proving you can't do research if your life depended on it. Or you guys are straight up ignorant. Literally every reputable F1 YouTube channel like the race (who have former F1 engineers to speak to - I believe Gary Anderson) talked about it on their pod cast, they said the score marks were literally nothing of concern and likely within the acceptable grey area of wing flex and redbull were only doing it to stirr up controversy and would let it die off when Mercedes passed all tests.

This also proves redbull is full of sh!t and have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to Mercedes and their w12. So Karen Horner confirmed? And max actually changed his wing so dirty max?

You guys literally were bashing Mercedes, toto Wolff and Lewis without any proof. It shows how good you guys are at analyzing details and just exemplifies your tendencies to jump to conclusions and condemn teams to guilt without proof. This cements every single post from you two in the future to be treated as nothing but inaccurate, biased, opinion at best.

Last edited by F87source; 11-23-2021 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 4
Steeler2430.00
inTgr8r2434.50
minn1914070.50
      11-23-2021, 05:13 PM   #483
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Again pull quoting and cherry picking of what article...

The article did not mention Mercedes replaced the wing with a new version.... You guys literally are proving you can't do research if your life depended on it. Or you guys are straight up illiterate. Literally every reputable F1 YouTube channel like the race talked about it on their pod cast, they said the score marks were literally nothing of concern and likely within the acceptable grey area and redbull were only doing it to stirr up controversy and would let it die off when Mercedes passed all tests.

This also proves redbull is full of sh!t and have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to Mercedes and their w12. So Karen Horner confirmed? And max actually changed his wing so dirty max?
You guys literally were bashing Mercedes, toto Wolff and Lewis without any proof. It shows how good you guys are at analyzing details and just exemplifies your tendencies to jump to conclusions and condemn teams to guilt without proof. This cements every single post from you two in the future to be treated as nothing but inaccurate, biased, opinion at best.
So many words from you for an article quote from me so just read the article mate, whether you agree with it or not is your prerogative.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2021, 05:13 PM   #484
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Essentially the lower top speeds are likely due to the old ice being used (and it was still faster than redbull), this is bad news for redbull because they likely have no answer for the straight line speed Mercedes is able to generate, and if the w12 is suited for these high speed corners in the last 2 tracks redbull won't even be able to keep up in the turns.

This will be a huge blow if redbull loses this championship because like 2013 they spent the entire season developing this car and likely sacrificing some resources that should be devoted to next year's car.