BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

11-12-2021, 06:59 PM   #89
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Because Im stupid enough to go 200 in Mexico, if the car is capable. And it accelerates to way too fast for the brakes it has. If you cant come down in the 1/4 from 150ish, Id be scared to drive it, anywhere near those speeds, anywhere else.
thankfully Im governed to 163 in Mexico LOL--- and I would only take the Plaid up there when there are no other cars on the express way.

In the States I like the rush of 0-100 and maybe some sub 5 second 60-130 runs.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13014.00
      11-12-2021, 07:35 PM   #90
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
thankfully Im governed to 163 in Mexico LOL--- and I would only take the Plaid up there when there are no other cars on the express way.

Tell me about it. The first time the G82 zoomed to 167, in Mexico, it went so fast, I was too busy looking a mile ahead at the overpass. When I finally noticed how fast, I just let off. There was no one around, anywhere, including the C7 that was over a mile behind me.

I dont have any doubt this car will do the 180. It was still pulling like a freight train.

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 06:19 AM   #91
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post

Tell me about it. The first time the G82 zoomed to 167, in Mexico, it went so fast, I was too busy looking a mile ahead at the overpass. When I finally noticed how fast, I just let off. There was no one around, anywhere, including the C7 that was over a mile behind me.

I dont have any doubt this car will do the 180. It was still pulling like a freight train.
Nothing like a high speed pull. I only wish BMW didn't force you to have option it to remove the governor. I didn't option it hoping that when the ecu is crack, the tune will remove it. I hit 202 on the hellcat in Mexico of course. What a rush, the funny thing was I hit 194 earlier in the morning when I was on my way to the gym, I let off without even realizing I almost hit 200. I had to go for it later on the day. One of my bucket list. Crossed it off.
Attached Images

2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13014.00
      11-13-2021, 06:31 AM   #92
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Nothing like a high speed pull. I only wish BMW didn't force you to have option it to remove the governor. I didn't option it hoping that when the ecu is crack, the tune will remove it. I hit 202 on the hellcat in Mexico of course. What a rush, the funny thing was I hit 194 earlier in the morning when I was on my way to the gym, I let off without even realizing I almost hit 200. I had to go for it later on the day. One of my bucket list. Crossed it off.
I went 187 in my C7. Nice clear day, in Mexico. I think thats about as fast as I've gone. She wasnt going any faster.

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 04:09 PM   #93
M4CompConv/X7
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp Conv & BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadib233 View Post
I own a g80 m3 competition, and let me start off by saying this thing does not make 510 horsepower.

Have ran a Camaro SS 10 Speed, catless mids, e85 tune, throttle body, intake manifold, cold air intake. Projected 475 wheel.
Got him by a car half on roll.

Raced stock 5.0 mustang 10 spd ,
5+ cars with ease.

Going to race CTS v 2019 next. Wish me luck
So what is your estimate as the real HP?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 09:10 AM   #94
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
ChargerHellcat
Have to ask the same question from the guy why did
On your screen shot- how’d you hit 202 with the car in park and with your drivers door open?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 01:46 PM   #95
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburks View Post
ChargerHellcat
On your screen shot- how’d you hit 202 with the car in park and with your drivers door open?
Looks like it records top speed as indicated below the 202. Question is if this is accurate (gps) speed as speedometers are not.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 06:34 PM   #96
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Quote:
ChargerHellcat
Looks like it records top speed as indicated below the 202. Question is if this is accurate (gps) speed as speedometers are not.
Quote:
Quote:
ChargerHellcat
On your screen shot- how'd you hit 202 with the car in park and with your drivers door open?
Quote:
Quote:
ChargerHellcat
On your screen shot- how'd you hit 202 with the car in park and with your drivers door open?
All SRT vehicles has a recorder that keeps track of personal best of your high speed, 0-60, 0-100 1/4 and so forth. It's amazing more companies doesn't have this feature.

I have a uniden R7 and the GPS speed has always matched the speedometer speed. I hit over 200 just in case it was a mile or two off 😜
Appreciate 1
mattburks749.00
      11-25-2021, 06:35 PM   #97
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
ChargerHellcat
Quote:
Quote:
ChargerHellcat
Quote:
Quote:
ChargerHellcat
SRT recording tech, amazing more companies doesn't use this feature.
Appreciate 1
mattburks749.00
      11-27-2021, 02:00 PM   #98
translux
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

Got dusted by a base Infinity Q50 at a stop light as I overcooked it could not get any traction. It was cold-20 degrees f- I thought the snows would offer some help but traction control took me out of it quickly. I should try launch control in the cold and see what happens. BTW I have a manual…Makes my desire for a 2nd M3 with X-Drive even stronger.
Notable-Giulia QV, MK7 Golf R man,991 Turbo,CTS-V3, CTS-V2 man Speed INC. build, E60 M5 SMG, E46 M3 ZCP man, E39 M5, E39 540 man, Porsche Cayenne Turbo EVOMS build, EVO X AMS build, Blobeye STI, 83’ RX-7 built by Alan Jackson racing, Volvo 164e
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 04:02 PM   #99
KevinMO91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

2022 M3 Comp Xdrive I have DP/ Mid-pipe and JB4 on map 2.

- Raced a 2nd Gen Manual S550 (2015 -2017) mustang basic bolt ons (I was bone stock at this time) I walked him by 4 or 5 cars from a 40 roll.

- Raced a 2020 RS3 built motor, Stock turbos and basic bolt ons on a 93 tune(he is in process or upgrading turbos and moving to e85)

I did 3 Races, 2 digs and 1 roll, I best him badly on both digs 4 car plus, the roll was a lot closer I'm assuming brake boost played a big roll but I only got him by a car tops.

Recently Raced a scat pack charger unknown year or mods (it had an exhaust at minimal because I couldn't hear anything over it lol and my car is loud)

Did a couple 60 rolls and walked it badly by busses.

Looking to find a hellcat to race. I always run into them when I'm driving my commuter car and never when I'm in my M3 lol.
Appreciate 3
Sahbatage502.50
Lexura312.50
02M3ForMe4255.50
      12-06-2021, 03:25 PM   #100
Boosted_8
Captain
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
so you didn't get a car because of other people trying to race you?

LOL
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
iviegatron2527.00
      12-12-2021, 04:30 PM   #101
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
I'm currently in break in so what i'm doing now is driving like grandma during the first half of my drive, then on the way home put it to "m2" settings which wakes up the car.

I was playing with the paddles, trying to vary the RPM's, but keeping it under 5k and i encountered some traffic. (crazy how short shifting the car even at 4k rpm still nets great acceleration). I approached a relatively high speed and i got caught behind some slow poke.

So i switched to the middle lane and in my right lane some blue STI flew right by me and hit his brakes. But was still about 5-6 cars ahead. So i started to accelerate normally because i'm not trying to race and i got up to about 1 car behind him and he just took off.

I guess he thought i was racing lol. The funny thing was that even when he downshifted and took off, his car made so much noise but really wasn't going anywhere. I owned a wrx so i know how slow the wrx/sti cars are lol.

If my car was completely broken in, i could have freight trained him so bad. Now i bet he's telling all his buddies how he beat an M3 comp lol
Appreciate 4
JDUNITNOW3453.00
Sahbatage502.50
bri10425748.00
      12-12-2021, 04:39 PM   #102
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
I'm currently in break in so what i'm doing now is driving like grandma during the first half of my drive, then on the way home put it to "m2" settings which wakes up the car.

I was playing with the paddles, trying to vary the RPM's, but keeping it under 5k and i encountered some traffic. (crazy how short shifting the car even at 4k rpm still nets great acceleration). I approached a relatively high speed and i got caught behind some slow poke.

So i switched to the middle lane and in my right lane some blue STI flew right by me and hit his brakes. But was still about 5-6 cars ahead. So i started to accelerate normally because i'm not trying to race and i got up to about 1 car behind him and he just took off.

I guess he thought i was racing lol. The funny thing was that even when he downshifted and took off, his car made so much noise but really wasn't going anywhere. I owned a wrx so i know how slow the wrx/sti cars are lol.

If my car was completely broken in, i could have freight trained him so bad. Now i bet he's telling all his buddies how he beat an M3 comp lol
Plenty of STI's/EVO's running around that will destroy you, even after break in. Never know what you are up against. Sounds like this one by your description of him not leaving fast wasn't a fast one. Obviously stock vs stock that would not be a car you would even waste your time with or risk a ticket. Just my opinion
Appreciate 1
Sahbatage502.50
      12-12-2021, 05:09 PM   #103
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
Plenty of STI's/EVO's running around that will destroy you, even after break in. Never know what you are up against. Sounds like this one by your description of him not leaving fast wasn't a fast one. Obviously stock vs stock that would not be a car you would even waste your time with or risk a ticket. Just my opinion
Perhaps. But i doubt it. I don't ever see STI's besides today. Last STI i saw before today was maybe back in summer time. And the last time i saw an EVO on the road was probably at least 2 years ago. They're not around me lol. Not many fast cars where i cruise. Maybe they come out at night. Maybe they're more towards central jersey, idk. Not by me. The STI i saw today definitely was not a fast one.

The only ones i usually encounter when i'm in my fast car are BMW's mainly. They all wanna race.
Appreciate 1
bri10425748.00
      12-12-2021, 07:06 PM   #104
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Perhaps. But i doubt it. I don't ever see STI's besides today. Last STI i saw before today was maybe back in summer time. And the last time i saw an EVO on the road was probably at least 2 years ago. They're not around me lol. Not many fast cars where i cruise. Maybe they come out at night. Maybe they're more towards central jersey, idk. Not by me. The STI i saw today definitely was not a fast one.

The only ones i usually encounter when i'm in my fast car are BMW's mainly. They all wanna race.
There is a shop right in Glassboro ( south Jersey ) who works on a Bunch them. Plenty around there and Philly. EVO's are definitely harder to find
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 07:32 PM   #105
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There is a shop right in Glassboro ( south Jersey ) who works on a Bunch them. Plenty around there and Philly. EVO's are definitely harder to find

lol dude that's way far south.

I'm in NNJ, by the lincoln tunnel.

The only time i venture south is to visit my friend who lives in new brunswick and to check out my buddies corvette shop in cream ridge.

Other than that, there's nada up by me. At least not those types of cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 08:40 PM   #106
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

lol dude that's way far south.

I'm in NNJ, by the lincoln tunnel.

The only time i venture south is to visit my friend who lives in new brunswick and to check out my buddies corvette shop in cream ridge.

Other than that, there's nada up by me. At least not those types of cars.
Yeah. You are out in no man's land😁
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 03:27 PM   #107
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

I wouldn't worry. The tuned STI's and EVO's are all up on jacks in mom's garage most of the time, anyway. Or leaking coolant in the driveway. "Plenty" is a Jersey myth.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 03:41 PM   #108
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
I wouldn't worry. The tuned STI's and EVO's are all up on jacks in mom's garage most of the time, anyway. Or leaking coolant in the driveway. "Plenty" is a Jersey myth.
Ok chief. Come to S. Jersey and count them. 🤡🤡
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 04:04 PM   #109
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Ok chief. Come to S. Jersey and count them. 🤡🤡
Oh, I don't doubt that there's plenty of STI's and EVO's floating around in the paradise of South Jersey (a land I have visited multiple times), but I certainly doubt that very many of them are well-tuned to the point where they could even come close to a stock G80 X-Drive. Sorry, I know that car and I've watched plenty of people tune the crap out of them...to less of an effect than you seem to want to advertise them to be. They're either loud and slow, loud, a little faster, and unreliable, or one of the rare ones that are actually fast. Most of the folk with STI's just don't do that good of a job with them.

It's the modern equivalent of the tuned Civic in a F&F movie.
Appreciate 1
JasonDot579.50
      12-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #110
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You seem like the typical BMW douche nozzle who thinks his shit can't be beat. Lol. Lucky us you have visited Jersey😝. Of course not every Sti/evo/ civic is fast. But there definitely some that are. Let me guess, you have never been beat in a race that you certainly thought you would win? Search ASAp performance. They normally have 5-6 in their lot at all times. Even have those shit box Eclipse's. It's all good bro. Next time you visit, bring your car and we can line em-up.
Wow, I deleted like 9 things that I thought were personal attacks in my last post. What a waste of effort. MY shit CAN be beat, both my car and my mediocre skills. I drive a slow-ass 6MT car.

You've spent months on this forum doing nothing but talking up your GTR and chiming in EVERY time there's a reason to say something can smoke an M3/4. It's utterly tiring. Go back to the GTR forums and enjoy Jersey. Someone needs to.
Appreciate 0