BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #353
TheGriffindor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Competition XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpapeleta View Post
Mine is at the port already. Just for my curiosity I added another M4 convertible from a dealer build that started production this week and it is already awaiting carrier assignment. It has the open status for Retrofitting the receiver audio module so not sure if it will be stuck at Baltimore port once it arrives.

Also I called SA and he said I have no stop sales but the recall tool is showing Open. What interesting is when you read the recall tool it shows the Vin as open but no recall and doesnt say anything about stop sales so I am wondering why everyone always says they have a stop sale when the recall tool doesn't say anything about stop sales.
Gotcha. Mine was in QC since 11/3 and i just got out of QC 2 days ago but i am still awaiting carrier. I am assuming I should be at the port by the end of the work week here? I also saw I don’t have any stop sales either but have yet to hear from my CA.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 09:47 AM   #354
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55co View Post
M3CX, QC since 11-19
Living in germany, there is no way for us europeans to track the status or open recalls.
(we have to ask our CA to get the status)
CA informed me 30 minutes ago, car arrived at the dealership
Nice and congrats. So this means for all of us leaving QC we wont be stuck at a port awaiting the ram module. Have you check the recall tool to see if you VIN is showing the ram retrofit?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 10:03 AM   #355
chicagoguy0822
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Convertible (G83)

Still nothing for me. My G83 has been in QC since 11/4.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 10:23 AM   #356
n55co
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: G80X BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpapeleta View Post
Nice and congrats. So this means for all of us leaving QC we wont be stuck at a port awaiting the ram module. Have you check the recall tool to see if you VIN is showing the ram retrofit?
Thanks!
Never had any recalls, checked the tool on a daylie basis.
But, not sure if the tool is accurate for european cars/deliverys
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 10:51 AM   #357
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
JFC, I should not have looked at the Week 3 thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 11:22 AM   #358
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

I'm wondering if Cars are being held in QC because the VPC doesn't have any room to hold any more cars?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 11:25 AM   #359
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
I'm wondering if Cars are being held in QC because the VPC doesn't have any room to hold any more cars?
No, because they are still shipping cars. It's because they didn't have the CID for our cars, and instead of taking them from cars that are on/scheduled for the assembly line, they are fixing them when they get extra/not reserved for cars in queue.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 11:58 AM   #360
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG82 View Post
You guys won’t believe this and I don’t quite believe it but my tracker is now showing dispatched from factory. I am week 47 and have been in QC since 11/24. The recall tool is still showing the same open RAM issues so I am guessing BMW gave up and the car will sit at port or VPC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by springerdrive View Post
Maybe. Maybe not. Our M340ix arrived at the destination port yesterday. Genius and Dealer say there are no open recalls or work orders, yet the Recall Info Tool still has code 0065600300 - Checking the installation of amplifier, retrofitting if necessary (note: not confirmed message) - as open. We should know today or tomorrow if if that's just a fluke.

The BMW Recall Info Tool has been showing an open work order for our car and appears to be more accurate than the Geniuses or our Dealer. I repeatedly asked the Geniuses and our dealer if there were any open work orders, recalls, or stop sales on our car. They repeatedly said "no", and that our car had an estimated delivery date of January 17. It has been at the Brunswick, GA VPC for a week, so today I texted our SA asking if anyone had a clue as to WTF was going on. Got a call from the Sales Manager explaining that while there were no stop-sales on the car there was an open work order, presumably for the amplifier. It could be a quick software flash or we could be waiting longer. It's unfortunate that third-party sources are more reliable than BMW and its dealers.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 12:27 PM   #361
element56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 X3 '22 M4XC '23 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt2402 View Post
I'm honestly surprised that no one from BMW is monitoring these forum threads and realizing they need to change the way they're doing business. Every other car manufacturer Ive had experience with has reps that monitor forums and provide assistance. It's mind blowing the amount of customers they're ignoring, as many of us have reached out and requested info.
A buddy of mine ordered a new Bronco early 2021 and he is not expecting deliver until mid to end of 2022. The amazing part is the Bronco team sends all KINDS of updates as well as themed swag like posters and off-road picnic set. Keeping the excitement going for the long wait ahead.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 12:43 PM   #362
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
No, because they are still shipping cars. It's because they didn't have the CID for our cars, and instead of taking them from cars that are on/scheduled for the assembly line, they are fixing them when they get extra/not reserved for cars in queue.
That’s ridiculous, so our cars are being bypassed by cars coming off the assembly line well after ours. I’m getting to the point where I may have to go look at other alternatives.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:11 PM   #363
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep

I tried calling customer service again but hung up after waiting. I just emailed Bernard Kuhnt the CEO for BMW NA. Let’s see if I get a response.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:30 PM   #364
mjbernatz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce911_ View Post
I tried calling customer service again but hung up after waiting. I just emailed Bernard Kuhnt the CEO for BMW NA. Let’s see if I get a response.
I can't wait to see what happens here!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:34 PM   #365
JWBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X7, M4 & X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce911_ View Post
I believe he left to take over Germany operations in Sept. This guy is the new head of NA, Sebastian Mackensen.
      01-19-2022, 02:27 PM   #366
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=JWBimmer;28486936]I believe he left to take over Germany operations in Sept. This guy is the new head of NA, Sebastian Mackensen.[/QUOT

Thanks I sent him one too. Not holding my breath but getting desperate.

Last edited by bruce911_; 01-19-2022 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 05:12 PM   #367
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by springerdrive View Post

The BMW Recall Info Tool has been showing an open work order for our car and appears to be more accurate than the Geniuses or our Dealer. I repeatedly asked the Geniuses and our dealer if there were any open work orders, recalls, or stop sales on our car. They repeatedly said "no", and that our car had an estimated delivery date of January 17. It has been at the Brunswick, GA VPC for a week, so today I texted our SA asking if anyone had a clue as to WTF was going on. Got a call from the Sales Manager explaining that while there were no stop-sales on the car there was an open work order, presumably for the amplifier. It could be a quick software flash or we could be waiting longer. It's unfortunate that third-party sources are more reliable than BMW and its dealers.
This was my fear. Stuck in QC for so long to now sit at the VPC for God nos how long. You would think they would have fixed the problem at the plant.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2022, 05:46 PM   #368
Vityaplant
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 bmw

Guys, waiting for M440i, QC since 04/11/2021. Talked to my friend who is working on BMW factory in logistic area but not Dingolfing. He said that he knows from his friends from Dingolfing factory what is going on. The reason for this long QC procedure is that in October-November-December of 2021 there was not enough Central Displays for cars, even they removed a touch screen. This applies to all g20, g22, g80, g82 and other models with same display. But they decided not to stop the whole production but just to produce them without those central displays and store them at the parking. Now, displays started to arrive but not as much to fix all of them at one time. The thing is that for instance if Bmw should produce 100 cars per day, only like 110-120 displays arrives daily. They produce 100 new cars and put the rest 10-20 displays to the ones that are in QC waiting for them. Thats why you see cars that are produced after yours and that are not waiting for parts. Friend said that situation is very sad and those guys in QC without central displays can wait 3-4 months more if situation does not change. I am going to call my dealer tomorrow and say a lot of bad words to them even though they are not to blame. This approach is unacceptable. Going to buy new Mercedes. F** you, BMW
Appreciate 2
      01-19-2022, 05:54 PM   #369
modat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 IOMG M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vityaplant View Post
Guys, waiting for M440i, QC since 04/11/2021. Talked to my friend who is working on BMW factory in logistic area but not Dingolfing. He said that he knows from his friends from Dingolfing factory what is going on. The reason for this long QC procedure is that in October-November-December of 2021 there was not enough Central Displays for cars, even they removed a touch screen. This applies to all g20, g22, g80, g82 and other models with same display. But they decided not to stop the whole production but just to produce them without those central displays and store them at the parking. Now, displays started to arrive but not as much to fix all of them at one time. The thing is that for instance if Bmw should produce 100 cars per day, only like 110-120 displays arrives daily. They produce 100 new cars and put the rest 10-20 displays to the ones that are in QC waiting for them. Thats why you see cars that are produced after yours and that are not waiting for parts. Friend said that situation is very sad and those guys in QC without central displays can wait 3-4 months more if situation does not change. I am going to call my dealer tomorrow and say a lot of bad words to them even though they are not to blame. This approach is unacceptable. Going to buy new Mercedes. F** you, BMW
Since April?!

F that. I would have canceled
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 06:02 PM   #370
Vityaplant
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Since April?!

F that. I would have canceled
Since November 4, I am european, we write first date than month
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 06:02 PM   #371
stunt2402
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

Garage List
[QUOTE=bruce911_;28487192]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBimmer View Post
I believe he left to take over Germany operations in Sept. This guy is the new head of NA, Sebastian Mackensen.[/QUOT

Thanks I sent him one too. Not holding my breath but getting desperate.
I sent one as well. Who knows what'll happen. I'm shooting for a free M, personally, but I'll be happy with a favorable response. 😆
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 06:07 PM   #372
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Since November 4, I am european, we write first date than month
Lmao I am dying laughing right now. I was thinking the same thing. What the hell type of patience you have waiting since April.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 06:14 PM   #373
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I mentioned that about the CID issue before, not sure if it was in this thread though. What sucks is that BMW knows what is going on, but they want to play dumb and deflect to the dealers so they don't have to deal with angry customers.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 06:16 PM   #374
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Oh, and I am also pretty sure that they don't retrofit the RAM and Amp at the plant, so we'll have another wait when they hit the VDC to have the stop sales fixed.
Appreciate 0