09-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #67
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloosh View Post
It seems as if they have designed and are now marketing this car for the younger/newer(drivers) crowd
I came home from work to watch the official BMW videos before watching the YouTubers. I was thinking the marketing of the car was very strange with the warehouses, the chainsaw, the dancing, the yelling, the dizzying camera angles, it did not resonate with me at all. And I am sitting there wondering home much all of this costs and why are we losing Euro Delivery?

Here is the F80 official video launch ad. It was much better, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
Love everything except the grille. I'll be hanging on to my F80 for a couple more years.
I agree, I am not sure about adjustable brakes, but the car is a winner, just not sure about the grilles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
I had done this yesterday
Much better. Anything where the grille is not as tall, it creates an awkward look and long body color section between the grilles. I think wrapping that body panel in black between the grilles might look decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRHEIR View Post
Agreed when the f80 came out I was already looking to start an order and get out of my E90. Seeing this thing does not have me rushing to do the same. I keep on thinking it will grow on me but if we going to spend close to 100k it should be love at first sight not this BS.
F80 was the best looking new car (sedan) in a long time, it was a high bar to follow, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikester19 View Post
+1
If ppl don't like this gen then they're free to move to another brand. Maybe they'll prefer MB's upcoming C63 4 pot lol..
You can like this generation and not be a fan of certain aspects of the car. I just do not think the grilles needed to be so tall.

Perfectly fine with everything else. If I buy this car I will always wish it had the M8 grilles in gloss black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury26 View Post
I just signed the petition, better come in manual transmission also.
That would be amazing! Touring with 6MT!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 02:44 PM   #68
armo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

When the E46 M3 was released I was in awe. Loved it. Eventually bought one and drove it for 10 years. When the E90 came out I was a bit disappointed that they weren't a bit more aggressive w the design, but still thought it looked great.

When the F80 M3 came out I was instantly in love. Thought it was one of the best looking sedans BMW ever put out. Just picked one up and love the car.

But this.. sorry guys.. its an abortion. I've been looking at it for days and tried to love it but no. It looks like a BMW and a Lexus were thrown into a blender and this was puked out. I'm sure it will be a hell of a performer but to me this is a huge disappointment.

Interior looks great though...and good on BMW for still having a manual as an option.
A6bullet337.00
      09-24-2020, 07:30 PM   #69
Bullish657
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

Horrible, gamers generation M3
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 08:12 PM   #70
Jcali86
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullish657 View Post
Horrible, gamers generation M3
What does "gamers generation" mean?
      09-26-2020, 12:07 AM   #71
Don_MPoor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Yazmin Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsM4 View Post
I can't get over the fake air ducts at the side of the car, over the top bonnet vents, it's all made the car look too fussy in my opinion. My M4's bonnet bulge is really classy and just looks the business from a distance. It's not trying too hard. I can't explain what I mean.

It's a natural gorgeous design.

F82 looks great turning up at work meetings and also flying down a B road. This all looks a bit, cheesy? Trying to hard, not classy? Not something I'd like to turn up to work in really. These are most people's daily's

I think some less complicated wheels need adding to the options and some normal interior choices, Full Silverstone etc like on the F80.

Sadly, this is not one for me!
Exactly! +1
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 09:17 PM   #72
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsM4 View Post
I can't get over the fake air ducts at the side of the car, over the top bonnet vents, it's all made the car look too fussy in my opinion. My M4's bonnet bulge is really classy and just looks the business from a distance. It's not trying too hard. I can't explain what I mean.

It's a natural gorgeous design.

F82 looks great turning up at work meetings and also flying down a B road. This all looks a bit, cheesy? Trying to hard, not classy? Not something I'd like to turn up to work in really. These are most people's daily's

I think some less complicated wheels need adding to the options and some normal interior choices, Full Silverstone etc like on the F80.

Sadly, this is not one for me!
Have you seen the Hyundai G70

The 300 hp Camry

All the automakers are going with new bold innovative designs

No more driving to meetings any way
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-27-2020, 04:41 AM   #73
SilverSlug
Hey, where have you been all my life?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6MT

Naaah the huge kidney grilles are NOT growing on me at all, none.

And the fact that the 6spd manual isn't an option with the comp package is just an insult.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 04:29 PM   #74
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

For as many people who said they hated the car. There are many more who are instantly enthralled by the look when this was released. I asked some non-car enthusiast and they all loved this, compared to the F80/82 generation.

We all know M is no longer purely focused on performance. It is a mainstream brand that is trying to appeal to the masses. In fact, it's the non-car enthusiast who can actually spend more and increase BMW's profit. With that in mind, BMW is doing a heck of a job. All car designs are becoming more angular and aggressive. By comparison, the F80/82 looks downright plain!

To add to someone previously, when the e46 was announced, I was immediately smitten. When this new M was released, I also immediately loved it. I didn't get this feeling with the F series M.
      10-16-2020, 02:07 PM   #75
kimchee411
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 LBB 6MT| '06 911 C2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
With that in mind, BMW is doing a heck of a job.
2GC: "Hold my beer"
Appreciate 0