04-25-2022, 12:15 PM   #45
Meir@ONEighty
Rep
Drives: COCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
Great car OP!

I had a slightly different approach... I painted my calipers matching orange
Orange is definitely the way to go to match the Kyalami Orange interior especially if the windows aren't getting tinted.
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3181.50
      04-25-2022, 02:54 PM   #46
Sean@PSI
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

The Enzian Blue color looks good man. Cant wait to see what you do with it.
Appreciate 1
kjx3197.00
      05-07-2022, 07:23 PM   #47
kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedster2 View Post
Just need the reflector deletes to accentuate the front end. This special color would benefit from the delete because the orange is just a distraction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Wow. These pics really showcase the color. I don't think I have liked it in a lot of other threads. This is definitely a looker.

And +3 on the reflectors. You can knock those out while baby naps.
Order placed.. IND will ship them out soon.
By popular demand: painted reflectors.

I did the passenger side first and left up to 0.5 mm imperfections on the forward edge from removal. This happened despite knowing others had hit this too.

Anyway, I got really good at it when it came to the driver side and the outcome looks better than what's in IND's own instructional video. Color matching looks perfect.
Attached Images

FISH225402.50
chicagofan0019134.00
Seedster2274.00
skiparock182.50
      05-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #48
Seedster2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Competition RWD

Quote:
Quote:
Just need the reflector deletes to accentuate the front end. This special color would benefit from the delete because the orange is just a distraction.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Wow. These pics really showcase the color. I don't think I have liked it in a lot of other threads. This is definitely a looker.

And +3 on the reflectors. You can knock those out while baby naps.
Order placed.. IND will ship them out soon.
By popular demand: painted reflectors.

I did the passenger side first and left up to 0.5 mm imperfections on the forward edge from removal. This happened despite knowing others had hit this too.

Anyway, I got really good at it when it came to the driver side and the outcome looks better than what's in IND's own instructional video. Color matching looks perfect.
This looks great! I know we practically harassed you to do it thread after thread, but I hope you're happy with it. Looks so much cleaner.

Any regrets? Any full frontal pics?
      05-08-2022, 03:53 PM   #49
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This looks great! I know we practically harassed you to do it thread after thread, but I hope you're happy with it. Looks so much cleaner.

It looks good overall and is definitely a good mod.

I'm a bit particular about details so little imperfections on the passenger side from digging into the bumper to scoop it out need to be addressed for my own satisfaction - may need to mask off and selectively sand down tiny bits at the edge that got pushed up, and paint over.

For anyone yet to do this: be liberal with the heat gun before trying to pry. You could overdo it but just as it gets a little too hot to touch is about the right amount. Lower heat for longer is better to allow the heat to soak in. I had PPF in the area so I had to be careful not to damage it with heat.

Better photos will come soon.
      05-08-2022, 07:43 PM   #50
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240

Quote:
It looks good overall and is definitely a good mod.

I'm a bit particular about details so little imperfections on the passenger side from digging into the bumper to scoop it out need to be addressed for my own satisfaction - may need to mask off and selectively sand down tiny bits at the edge that got pushed up, and paint over.

For anyone yet to do this: be liberal with the heat gun before trying to pry. You could overdo it but just as it gets a little too hot to touch is about the right amount. Lower heat for longer is better to allow the heat to soak in. I had PPF in the area so I had to be careful not to damage it with heat.

Better photos will come soon.
I'm not sure why everyone is prying them off and messing up there paint, with a tool of some kind. No tool is necessary.

All you need to do is heat the area up pushing them in at the bottom then pull it out with your hand.
Appreciate 3
chicagofan0019134.00
Seedster2274.00
jabrax10.50
      05-08-2022, 11:54 PM   #51
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is prying them off and messing up there paint, with a tool of some kind. No tool is necessary.

All you need to do is heat the area up pushing them in at the bottom then pull it out with your hand.
For better or for worse, because this:

"STEP 2: Use the pry tool or bondo spreader from the IND install kit to carefully separate the OE reflector from the bumper panel. Once the separation has begun, use your hands to push the reflector through until you are able to remove it completely from behind the bumper."
      05-09-2022, 02:09 AM   #52
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240

Quote:
For better or for worse, because this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cIV8DPmLR8

"STEP 2: Use the pry tool or bondo spreader from the IND install kit to carefully separate the OE reflector from the bumper panel. Once the separation has begun, use your hands to push the reflector through until you are able to remove it completely from behind the bumper."
Oh I see, that sucks bad! On a side note your car is amazing!!
Appreciate 1
kjx3197.00
      05-09-2022, 02:29 PM   #53
kjx
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Update: Photo attached. Will also add it to the top post later.

The car's actually kind of dirty but somehow the PPF + sunlight hides that. Enzian just keeps getting better as sunlight gets stronger going into summer. So much pop on the hood as I look out the windshield.
Attached Images

chicagofan0019134.00
FISH225402.50
G-Mann413.00
FrankieNuo1219.00
      05-12-2022, 11:17 AM   #54
G-Mann
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Stunning. Thanks for sharing

2022 M4 Comp X