BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-08-2022, 05:15 PM   #89
Sunnystone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I've never even had anyone say to me that they like the car, but don't like the grill. Everyone that's seen my car, and said something about jt, to me, had raved about it. I get thumbs up from people driving by me on the highway.
Same here. Had guys jumping out of their vans at a gas station to compliment it. Also had 1 dude dive out of his Audi q7 while at the exit from McDonalds subsequently blockong people in just to tap me on the window for a better look inside and out. Admittedly, the way he approached my car i expected a knife to come out! . Was pleasently surprised!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 10:25 PM   #90
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqstick View Post
Quote:
I hope they did video, somewhere, somehow. I'm not sure he's affiliated with anything that shoots video, anymore, but I miss his antics.
Watch Clarkson's farm on Amazon Prime, I believe it got renewed for a 2nd season. I didn't think I'd like it but I got hooked and watched the whole thing in 2 days.
You don't think it's too scripted? I liked the old top gear, it didn't feel scripted (whether it was or wasn't)
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 10:28 PM   #91
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystone View Post
Quote:
I've never even had anyone say to me that they like the car, but don't like the grill. Everyone that's seen my car, and said something about jt, to me, had raved about it. I get thumbs up from people driving by me on the highway.
Same here. Had guys jumping out of their vans at a gas station to compliment it. Also had 1 dude dive out of his Audi q7 while at the exit from McDonalds subsequently blockong people in just to tap me on the window for a better look inside and out. Admittedly, the way he approached my car i expected a knife to come out! . Was pleasently surprised!
I've seen a few G80s in NYC, I like the front, and the whole car honestly. It doesn't look big and the front end really grows on you in person, the car has some real presence.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 10:52 PM   #92
Sunnystone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
You don't think it's too scripted? I liked the old top gear, it didn't feel scripted (whether it was or wasn't)
The Farm season 1 reminded me of Top Gear at its best in the earlier days when it was funny and didnt have to try too hard. The last few TGs seasons with Jezza had lost their way and as a trio were past their sell-by date. It started to feel incredibly scripted.

I love the Chris Harris era too although only the Chris Harris stuff. The new 3 have improved as a trio but theyll not replace Jeremy and Co simply because they got there first and were funnier and anything the current TG trio do has been done so many times before.

I find the Farm a little scripted but not to the detriment of the show but its also oddly informative too. Its a delightful easy to watch, entertaining show with Jeremy at his grouchy but funniest best.

Last edited by Sunnystone; 03-08-2022 at 11:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 09:08 AM   #93
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Yes, really...
Regarding Clarkson endorsing a convertible, the surprise isn't that Clarkson likes the car's appearance.

Clarkson (and May and the Hamster) has been repeatedly critical of convertibles because the person driving the car typically looks goofy.

Some examples: https://www.driving.co.uk/news/clark...-convertibles/
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 11:58 AM   #94
iqstick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Quote:
There was certain parts that seemed scripted but as a whole I didn't find it that bad. It made me realize why I loved the old top gear so much.
      03-09-2022, 03:38 PM   #95
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystone View Post
Quote:
The Farm season 1 reminded me of Top Gear at its best in the earlier days when it was funny and didnt have to try too hard. The last few TGs seasons with Jezza had lost their way and as a trio were past their sell-by date. It started to feel incredibly scripted.

I love the Chris Harris era too although only the Chris Harris stuff. The new 3 have improved as a trio but theyll not replace Jeremy and Co simply because they got there first and were funnier and anything the current TG trio do has been done so many times before.

I find the Farm a little scripted but not to the detriment of the show but its also oddly informative too. Its a delightful easy to watch, entertaining show with Jeremy at his grouchy but funniest best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqstick View Post
Quote:
There was certain parts that seemed scripted but as a whole I didn't find it that bad. It made me realize why I loved the old top gear so much.
Thank you both!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 03:48 PM   #96
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
I have a m440i gran coupe and I have noticed the same. Non-BMW purists absolutely love the car and look at it like it's much more expensive than it is.

I've been thrilled but would definitely like to get into a full-fat M one day, really the only thing that stopped me this time was supply. My 440i was 70k so it wasn't a huge stretch to the M4, just a get it next week or maybe 6mo. situation.

Either way, I've grown fond of the look, it's aggressive as hell and it stands out. I'm positive I could park with 100k cars and get just as much, if not more looks.
Appreciate 3
02M3ForMe4261.50
jmg18663.00