BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-06-2024, 06:32 AM   #45
geko29
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
At this point it just becomes not worth it. People don't want to understand obvious things in front of them, and they think people that design metal plates automatically know more than anyone else about how...airflow physics work. Never mind the people repeating the same incorrect thought process for 4 different posts. It doesn't matter to me if people don't want to understand how this stuff really works, none of this matters for putting a grate on your cooler which we all agree is a good thing anyway. I don't care about continuing to make attempts to call people out for their misinformation, but 3 times of an explanation is more than enough that any more is just not worth anyone's time.

"The horse can be led to water"
You are the most confidently wrong person I've ever met. This discussion is far from the first example of that. I'm done with this conversation as well, but will leave you with comments from someone else you clearly think is an idiot, specifically the aerodynamicist who designed the G8X:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
In the lower area, we now see the final geometry of the front lip. We see that it is cut back in the middle area and the height reduced. The negative pressure created by the separation helps suck air through the horizontal oil cooler, which exits under the car. So this part has functional requirements for engine cooling. In the outer area the skirt is longer, creating a stronger negative pressure, and thus increasing the downforce on the car's front axle. It also improves the airflow around the front wheel.

Thus we have fulfilled three functions with the front skirt: The cooling requirements of the horizontal oil cooler are met; a massive downforce is created on the front axle; and we're especially proud that the drag of the vehicles is also improved.

Last edited by geko29; 02-06-2024 at 07:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
natmad667.00
      02-06-2024, 07:41 AM   #46
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Yea WOW. I am impressed that just came off like that…. Not sure what to tell u. Kind of bummer to buy whole new plate again???
It probably saved ur cooler. That’s big impact.
Looking at it more now I realize they just spot weld that metal strip in few spots and that’s it.
I'm probably giving Mishimoto too much credit, but it is possible that the metal strip is actually designed to break off.
Appreciate 1