H_TZW
Private
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 RWD

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [10.00]
G82 CSL Trunk Lid Issues

Recently installed the CSL style trunk lid for my G82 M4, bumped into a few issues:
1. With the stock shock absorbers, the trunk lid would rush open with a pretty significant force, causing it hard to predict its trajectory
2. When trunk is closed with the closing button, it wouldn’t lock when it reaches the bottom. Instead, it would go back up because it can’t be locked in place.

Wondering if anyone with similar experience with the CSL trunk lid could shine some light on how to solve the issue. Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Jim B1914.00
      Yesterday, 07:59 AM   #2
CMW33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp

Maybe the weight difference between the OEM piece and your aftermarket piece is causing the issue, as in the OEM executive package is calibrated for a heavier unit. Did you contact the manufacturer for the aftermarket piece?
Appreciate 1
Sonic RR129.00
      Today, 12:29 AM   #3
H_TZW
Private
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 RWD

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW33 View Post
Maybe the weight difference between the OEM piece and your aftermarket piece is causing the issue, as in the OEM executive package is calibrated for a heavier unit. Did you contact the manufacturer for the aftermarket piece?
Thank you for the reply. I understand the situation is caused by a lighter trunk lid, and it seems like the best/only solution is to get a trunk spring from the G82 CSL. It caused over 1200 USD, so I think I am just gonna have to live with the issue for the time being.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:54 PM   #4
Skyscraper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_TZW View Post
Thank you for the reply. I understand the situation is caused by a lighter trunk lid, and it seems like the best/only solution is to get a trunk spring from the G82 CSL. It caused over 1200 USD, so I think I am just gonna have to live with the issue for the time being.
This.
Or you can try remove the strut from one side and just use one.
I put a carbon hood on a Mustang I had years ago and ran one hood strut for this same issue.
Appreciate 0