G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

12-03-2022, 11:43 PM   #133
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Matt, when youre ready to get a G83 convertible, heres a Brewster Green to match the 911 Touring.

Appreciate 1
themnmd1691.00
      12-04-2022, 05:44 AM   #134
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by strada View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
I've said this already but I guess I'll say it again. If he hates the front end as much as he seems to let on he shouldn't have bought it. He's only enforcing the fact that it is a success to BMW by adding another sale to the spreadsheets. They aren't watching his YouTube channel to hear that he hates the grille but might love the rest of it. They also don't care how he's going to use it. All they care about is the fact of how many units they sold at the end of the day/week/month/quarter/year. He could take it and run it off a cliff tomorrow and BMW still got the sale.

All I'm saying is that if people don't like the grille that much, and wish BMW would revert it or design something dramatically different for the next generation, then don't buy the car. Low sales numbers is the only thing that would change BMWs mind.
This is some aggressive application of your own rationale/basis for purchase to someone else. I was in his exact situation, opportunity to by a Jahre in Technoviolet, loaded up nearly identically. Loved the color, the back looks great, seats are money. But, aside from ADM which I have no desire to pay because I'm not a yutz, it was literally the front end kept ME from buying the car. I just can't spend >100k on a car that I don't love the looks of 100%. I cannot make the excuse to MYSELF that it's 'not that bad'. I couldn't give crap less what other owners or the public think. Perhaps Matt could get over it as that price isn't as significant to him, or the rest of the package overrides the aesthetics. Point is it doesn't matter, he bought it, he can hate whatever he wants about it. To your point, he did vote with his wallet and so did I. I guess with this market we'll never know how this car would have done in more normal times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Install View Post
And that's totally accepted, your entitled to do/buy whatever you want and have no emotion attached to the purchase.
I guess it comes down to the fact your posting in an enthusiasts forum, one that is mostly in love with the car and the front end. To us, it's an emotional purchase and to some a lifelong achievement to own these cars. Personally I'm done with the negative front end comments from people, but you'll find that they haven't purchased one and that puts you in a unique situation here.
Not sure what outcome you'd expect making comments that are to be frank insulting to all of us who love their cars.
Next time leave the negative crap to the side. We're all different, no need to remind us that you don't like it.
Exactly the attitude that made me block OG channel after years of following it.
My goodness, how insecure are you? Did you pen the design of this car? Do you attach how a car looks to your self worth? Do you need validation from others that your car isn't ugly? Some cars are near universally loved from a design standpoint, this one isn't and wont ever be. This and every new car BMW has released in the past year have been horrendously polarizing and it's not exactly a secret. If you part with your hard earned money for this generation of stuff, presumably you don't agree or don't care, but try not to be so emotional about it from the opinion of the internet/strangers...
Jesus, you calm down and take a minute.
You seem to have your own take on the car and that's fine, your taste isn't mine and neither is the OPs.
Am I insecure, maybe I should ask you for the answers can I PM you ?
What I am is someone who enjoys the things in life I've worked hard for, they don't come easy and when I invest in what is a lifetimes achievement I'm damn right going to be passionate about it.
Now, if I had the expendable cash to buy things, very expensive things that were just a tool and I didn't love would I then just jump on this platform and drop a comment that's only intended to create a thread like this. The OP knows what he's doing, and that's the fun part about it for me and I can see it for what it is.
I was speaking from the heart, I love my car and appreciate everything about it and how long it took me to achieve. Do you think that then when someone shows his ability to purchase and instantly dismiss this car as ugly it's normal?, it's a million miles away from what I consider normal or anyone I know would.
We're talking about a guy who deliverers content, but cares nothing for content….
I seem to remember the MTB PPF episode where he took delivery of a very expensive bike and PPFd it, I doubt that bike will ever see a trail never mind need PPF, do you think that was for content?
People who buy and don't have to appreciate things in their life are a minority, and that's up to them. I just say how I feel with passion when they drop in to create a fuss. The platform has been hated on forever but this time by someone who's just done it "to flex" as someone put it earlier.
Everything I've worked my arse off to own I love, I don't buy things I don't love but if I did I would never go out my way to show that side of me. It's just not how I've been brought up.
Good luck to the OP
Ps/ I'll get my insecurity issues looked at
G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual FDG
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019153.50
DM5PAV375.00
      12-04-2022, 09:35 AM   #135
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Aalfred2617.50
4DRS551254.50
      12-04-2022, 09:52 AM   #136
Money2536
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 | 992 GT3 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5PAV View Post
The whole house, business, rental, not a car I would use but good enough for my clients… whatever man.

Beautiful car, enjoy.
That makes no sense to me. I'm just sharing the facts of the story. This is the reason why most don't share things. It's comments like this that have a whole story made up that wasn't said and or intended. I'm. simply sharing why I overcame my initial objection to not getting the car and figured out a way for it to make sense.
Appreciate 5
ScullyD5165.50
Limegrntaln13473.50
Seanhfx217.00
edwinm3980.00
      12-04-2022, 10:09 AM   #137
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
Quote:
The whole house, business, rental, not a car I would use but good enough for my clients… whatever man.

Beautiful car, enjoy.
That makes no sense to me. I'm just sharing the facts of the story. This is the reason why most don't share things. It's comments like this that have a whole story made up that wasn't said and or intended. I'm. simply sharing why I overcame my initial objection to not getting the car and figured out a way for it to make sense.
Yeah I'm with you here. People start to link their identity to their car (or other retail purchases) which is very strange, instead of just objectively judging the design and the car.

We're going to be making jokes about he G8x front end design forever, it's just part of the car's identity. It's unavoidable, it's not like it's going to somehow become beautiful overnight.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 10:48 AM   #138
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
Yeah I'm with you here. People start to link their identity to their car (or other retail purchases) which is very strange, instead of just objectively judging the design and the car.

We're going to be making jokes about he G8x front end design forever, it's just part of the car's identity. It's unavoidable, it's not like it's going to somehow become beautiful overnight.
I think you're pretty spot on here. Your car is not who you are, it's just a vessel for an experience. Most people, enthusiasts or not, don't see it this way, though. Hence why so many people are brand obsessed or obsessed about shaming people who are brand obsessed (people who drive BMWs are X, people who drive Porsches are Y, Janis Joplin drives a Mercedes , etc.).

I can't say I've really ever bought a BMW so I could run around telling people I have a BMW. It was always about how it drives and how it feels. Ultimately, as Money2536 alludes to in the walk around video, it's basically the same for the G80XC I have coming. I don't like the looks either, but for the money, nothing (new with a warranty) comes remotely close to what it delivers. Sure, it won't feel like they used to, but it will still kick ass relative to the alternatives.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2022, 10:58 AM   #139
strada
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 6MT - Tanzanite/SS

Quote:
You seem to have your own take on the car and that's fine, your taste isn't mine and neither is the OPs.
Lol, I am calm. I am actively advocating you/anyone having less of an emotional response to internet scribblings...

Also if you read my post carefully, you'll see that no - I don't want to validate or invalidate your big feelings, nor should anyone else. They are yours. You figure out how to deal with them.

Quote:
What I am is someone who enjoys the things in life I've worked hard for, they don't come easy and when I invest in what is a lifetimes achievement I'm damn right going to be passionate about it.
Now, if I had the expendable cash to buy things, very expensive things that were just a tool and I didn't love would I then just jump on this platform and drop a comment that's only intended to create a thread like this. The OP knows what he's doing, and that's the fun part about it for me and I can see it for what it is.
I was speaking from the heart, I love my car and appreciate everything about it and how long it took me to achieve. Do you think that then when someone shows his ability to purchase and instantly dismiss this car as ugly it's normal?, it's a million miles away from what I consider normal or anyone I know would.
We're talking about a guy who deliverers content, but cares nothing for content….
We all theoretically worked hard to buy these cars. I waited almost a decade to get into my position working 80-100 hour weeks for comedically low pay. That doesn't make my ownership experience any more justified than someone who makes 10x money and this is their winter beater. You have no idea how hard anyone worked to get there. Frankly most people lease these near 100k cars with terrible DTI ratios and still think they 'made it'. That's just as dumb, but also ultimately their dumb decision to make with the associated consequences.

That's great you are passionate about the car, maybe it's a stretch purchase, but again you are projecting your own issues onto a strangers decision and circumstances. Why does your definition of 'normal' carry any more weight? If he decides to buy the car despite how ugly he thinks it is, that's on him. Again - I chose to make the opposite decision. I don't think he's dumb or shallow or whatever, he made his own decision...

Quote:
I seem to remember the MTB PPF episode where he took delivery of a very expensive bike and PPFd it, I doubt that bike will ever see a trail never mind need PPF, do you think that was for content?
People who buy and don't have to appreciate things in their life are a minority, and that's up to them. I just say how I feel with passion when they drop in to create a fuss. The platform has been hated on forever but this time by someone who's just done it "to flex" as someone put it earlier.
Everything I've worked my arse off to own I love, I don't buy things I don't love but if I did I would never go out my way to show that side of me. It's just not how I've been brought up.
Good luck to the OP

I don't watch his content so I've no idea if he did it for views or whatever - that's his business. I definitely don't understand people who buy cars/etc just to collect, wrap, and trade, that's not my MO either. I guess my point is that here's a unique situation of someone who put their money where their mouth is despite a glaring flaw in the car. He's absolutely allowed to do that and share the opinion without the fanboy brigade coming out and accusing him of being fake or what not. Buying something despite having a major issue with it, is frankly a more authentic decision than most. Heck, arguably I'm dumb/shallow for letting aesthetics keep me from buying a really solid car.

Quote:

Bingo.

Last edited by strada; 12-04-2022 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 12:24 PM   #140
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by strada View Post
Quote:
Lol, I am calm. I am actively advocating you/anyone having less of an emotional response to internet scribblings...

Also if you read my post carefully, you'll see that no - I don't want to validate or invalidate your big feelings, nor should anyone else. They are yours. You figure out how to deal with them.

Quote:
We all theoretically worked hard to buy these cars. I waited almost a decade to get into my position working 80-100 hour weeks for comedically low pay. That doesn't make my ownership experience any more justified than someone who makes 10x money and this is their winter beater. You have no idea how hard anyone worked to get there. Frankly most people lease these near 100k cars with terrible DTI ratios and still think they 'made it'. That's just as dumb, but also ultimately their dumb decision to make with the associated consequences.

That's great you are passionate about the car, maybe it's a stretch purchase, but again you are projecting your own issues onto a strangers decision and circumstances. Why does your definition of 'normal' carry any more weight? If he decides to buy the car despite how ugly he thinks it is, that's on him. Again - I chose to make the opposite decision. I don't think he's dumb or shallow or whatever, he made his own decision...

Quote:
Good luck to the OP

I don't watch his content so I've no idea if he did it for views or whatever - that's his business. I definitely don't understand people who buy cars/etc just to collect, wrap, and trade, that's not my MO either. I guess my point is that here's a unique situation of someone who put their money where their mouth is despite a glaring flaw in the car. He's absolutely allowed to do that and share the opinion without the fanboy brigade coming out and accusing him of being fake or what not. Buying something despite having a major issue with it, is frankly a more authentic decision than most. Heck, arguably I'm dumb/shallow for letting aesthetics keep me from buying a really solid car.
I appreciate your reply.
Regarding the car being a "stretch purchase", your 100% correct but not how you think.
My passion is cycling, some of my bikes are worth more than the average car, they provide the gateway to things like cycling trip to the Alps, physical well being, good mental health and most importantly zero regrets ever with regards to the investment.
So cars are never going to compete, yes it's a stretch purchase for me as I could use the money for other things in my life. However I have always worked towards having my dream car on top of all the others things I spend money on.
I see plenty of negative comments and difference of opinion on this site, I have never thought about taking any of them on and I truly believe each to their own.
The OP is someone who is wrapped up in himself and his own views IMO. That does not make me right or him wrong or make him a bad person. But he doesn't care about anyone's opinions and is surrounded by employees who stoke his ego and that's 100% clear on his channel. That's why his post makes no sense to me on this forum other than to be a poster with cash to burn.
I congratulate him on his success. I'm a business owner and I love when people make, it good for him.
But I don't relate to that kind of attitude in real life or the online world, In a way his channel (the OCD element) has been extremely positive for me. I thought I had OCD but quickly realised I'm not obsessed with it. My bikes are all heavily used and suffering from some hard winters use over here in Scotland. My last M4 was almost totalled as I pushed it to the limit having a big accident. I keep things in pristine condition always, but I use them as tools.
So why am I explaining myself in a place that as you pointed out is full of random strangers?
I find it sad that this internet excuse can be pulled out whenever people want to belittle things. In this forum I've had amazing interactions, lots of help and truly feel as though I'm part of a community and I do my best to show respect, always.
You might think it's a random place where opinions don't count from strangers and that's absolutely fine, and I agree in the most part. But sometimes something just makes no sense at all, I'm allowed to be honest and passionate and defend my purchase.
The OP has every right to dislike the car, it's his self righteous approach in everything he does that's in question for me. That's my opinion formed over years of viewing his content and exactly why I don't anymore. So when it surfaced in this forum I thought I'd trigger myself and get involved.
So there, I've justified my actions to a bunch of random internet users and tbo I'm fine with it.
Fanboy I'm not, but I'm an honest person who shows respect and enjoys sensible debates, likes varying opinions with likeminded people on a car forum that's BMW based. So I'm 100% a fanboy if that's the true meaning of it.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019153.50
      12-04-2022, 12:53 PM   #141
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Beautiful car, enjoy.

Interesting point.
Let me use clothes as an example.
Would you agree that the clothes you wear (a retail purchase) are a direct comparison to the person you are?
Would I buy a jacket that looks hideous even though it performs exceptionally well. Yes I would if my life depended on it, but that's an extreme exception.
I'd rather pick something that I feel is suited to my personality and style and I feel myself in. Now if the OP or his paying guests are going to track this car and burn the arse out of it that's 100% a good purchase.
So this is where I'm confused, why would his paying guests pay a premium for a car that's ugly and all that matters is how it's perceived by others during their stay? Or is the car actually a big incentive to the potential clients based on its unique looks and we're missing something.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019153.50
      12-04-2022, 08:33 PM   #142
Peertwelve
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRS55 View Post
Your title needs to change sir after watching his video to:

Why would you delete the M3 badge???
Many feel that the rear end looks better de-badged. I did the same with my e92. The people who know the m3 can tell without reading the badge. And for those who can't.. who cares what Joe Public thinks?

Sold- 2011 335i Sedan | 6MT | Wavetrac | Eibach Pro | CDV delete | Cobb | BSW
Sudden death - 1970 BMW 2002
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 08:57 PM   #143
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peertwelve View Post
Many feel that the rear end looks better de-badged. I did the same with my e92. The people who know the m3 can tell without reading the badge. And for those who can't.. who cares what Joe Public thinks?
Respect that!

I see it differently I guess….
I remember back in 2003 when I had a 98 540i-m sport all I could dream of is having a e39 M5 and seeing that m badge in the back made it special to me.

Last edited by 4DRS55; 12-04-2022 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2022, 10:52 AM   #144
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Beautiful car, enjoy.

Interesting point.
Would you agree that the clothes you wear (a retail purchase) are a direct comparison to the person you are?
Would I buy a jacket that looks hideous even though it performs exceptionally well. Yes I would if my life depended on it, but that's an extreme exception.
I'd rather pick something that I feel is suited to my personality and style and I feel myself in. Now if the OP or his paying guests are going to track this car and burn the arse out of it that's 100% a good purchase.
So this is where I'm confused, why would his paying guests pay a premium for a car that's ugly and all that matters is how it's perceived by others during their stay? Or is the car actually a big incentive to the potential clients based on its unique looks and we're missing something.
I think the OP was just making a passing joke about the G80. I wouldn't take it so literally or personally.

My bigger concern was his comment about liking "small and light cars" when his favorite car is an E92 M3, which isn't small or light (or particularly good either).

But to each his own, some people here love an ugly car, and the OP thinks a 182 inch car that weighs 3527lbs is small and light.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 11:11 AM   #145
Ervin87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | B5 S4 | E30

Boy are some of you blowing this out of proportion. WOW.

Anyone who thinks a E92 M3 is NOT a good car is not a BMW purist. The first and last naturally aspirated V8 in a M car. It stands it's own, and should not be compared to other M cars (especially newer ones).
Appreciate 1
WWM3968.00
      12-05-2022, 12:31 PM   #146
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

I'm feeling that 50th anniversary badge.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 01:27 PM   #147
forumlurker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: almost every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin87 View Post
Anyone who thinks a E92 M3 is NOT a good car is not a BMW purist.
Gatekeep much?
Appreciate 1
ScullyD5165.50
      12-05-2022, 01:41 PM   #148
gofast182
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

It's funny that several people who know who Matt is are acting surprised about his intent for the car. Just like you go to work and do ____ during the day, Matt is a content creator, influencer, and business owner (not necessarily in that order). Of course he's going to try and monetize the car via YouTube content and setting it up as a rental at his showcase property in GA.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2022, 02:08 PM   #149
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Beautiful car, enjoy.

Interesting point.
I think the OP was just making a passing joke about the G80. I wouldn't take it so literally or personally.

My bigger concern was his comment about liking "small and light cars" when his favorite car is an E92 M3, which isn't small or light (or particularly good either).

But to each his own, some people here love an ugly car, and the OP thinks a 182 inch car that weighs 3527lbs is small and light.
Appreciate your reply, thanks.
It's not the car comments I actually have issue with (although they started the debate) that's just the OP's way of passing the time. It's just strange a grown man acts so immature and I can't understand it, sorry.

Let me give you an example of someone in a similar position as the OP, Adam LZ.
Here we have a young adult who's maturity speaks volumes. I have zero interest in owning a JDM car or drifting, however I have total respect for his content and if I ever required anything he sells I'd happily order from his business. I couldn't imagine Adam LZ purchasing a new (limited addition) Toyota supra as a business/rental portfolio asset and then proceeding to post how ugly it is in the relevant forums. A place where an enthusiast would love the opportunity of owning the car he clearly doesn't but can afford.
Adam is smart enough to realise business gains don't exist with that approach, he's personable and well informed but also very humble.
He speaks passionately and never once have I heard him slate something, he just doesn't go there and concentrates on what works for his business.
He's got nothing to prove and everything to gain unlike the OP who's approach is just bizarre IMO.
Would I give OG a penny of my money, no.
It's that simple for me, and yes I appreciate it's never going to be a concern for the OP but in a way it should be. Every sale counts and if you're smart enough in business you'll take care of business.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019153.50
      12-05-2022, 06:23 PM   #150
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Anyone who thinks a E92 M3 is NOT a good car is not a BMW purist. The first and last naturally aspirated V8 in a M car. It stands it's own, and should not be compared to other M cars (especially newer ones).
Hot take: All M3s are good cars
Ervin87557.50
WWM3968.00
playswcars3633.50
ScullyD5165.50
      12-05-2022, 07:23 PM   #151
Peertwelve
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Quote:

Hot take: All M3s are good cars
Bingo. Especially through the lens of time.

Sold- 2011 335i Sedan | 6MT | Wavetrac | Eibach Pro | CDV delete | Cobb | BSW
Sudden death - 1970 BMW 2002
Appreciate 1
RugbyBro7601.50
      12-05-2022, 08:04 PM   #152
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

I said fuck it - made a gofundme for the Adro grill was going to start dropping the link to have grill haters put their money where their mouth is and give me the option to change it if they don't like it so much.

Till then I'm going to plaster that bigass snout front and center whenever I take pictures, cause I actually like the look of the car. Sure, I think I'd like the Adro a bit better, but that doesn't mean I think it's ugly as is.

To each their own.

Not gonna post the link here though I feel like it'd be a bit...I dunno. Just doesn't feel like now's a good time. Lol.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2022, 08:59 AM   #153
geko29
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Quote:

First in an M3, and last in an M car, but not first in an M car. The greatest M car in history had an NA V8 before the E9x M3.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 10:01 AM   #154
Seanhfx
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY23 M3 Comp Edition 50 Jahre

Quote:
Thou doth protest too much.
Just let it go bruh, you don't seem to be able to let anyone have an opinion and you come off like someone who wants to actively fight everyone they meet, over everything that is said which isn't 100% in agreement with you.

Idgaf if you understand it man, you got a weird flex going and it is what it is. Idk you and idc.

Deal with it, or don't.
But every word you say in this thread just confirms how ridiculous you are, in my eyes.

Never seen you, your yt or whatever you do, probably never will, don't care.

But, if I was one of your "customers" renting out your house and paying you money for this car… and I saw this thread, I'd cancel that shit and say why don't you get me a car that you don't trash talk?

Do you do this with everything you buy, let everyone know how it's not really good enough for you (lulz) but you bought it anyway (weird flex bruh)

Waste your money however you like, it's irrelevant to me. I gave you a compliment on your car, and you want to start a fight… with apparently everyone in here.

Bye.
You are one self entitled ignorant man child. Talking about a weird flex, that's you.
2017 340i xDrive
Appreciate 1