BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-18-2024, 10:06 PM   #1
GregM4
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: VERDE ERMES G82 M4 Xdrive

LA Dealer

Hoping to draw on all the local knowledge.

Which BMW dealer in the LA area would be the best to visit to review a wide variety of colors.

Thanks for the advice in advance.
SOLD - E93 Burgundy
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 07:13 AM   #2
TxFeatFan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
2024 G83 M4  [10.00]
2017 F80 M3  [10.00]
L.A. as in Los Angeles, or LA as in Louisiana?

Recommend reaching out in the Regional forums.

—————————————————————————————————————
2024 Tanzanite Blue II M4 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 10:31 AM   #3
GregM4
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFeatFan View Post
L.A. as in Los Angeles, or LA as in Louisiana?

Recommend reaching out in the Regional forums.
Sorry Los Angeles.
SOLD - E93 Burgundy
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 01:06 PM   #4
bimmerCHAOS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 6MT... with a MOONROOF!

I don't know how many of them actually are in stock, but awhile back McKenna BMW in Norwalk had a pretty wide variety of colors (including individual colors):

https://www.mckennabmw.com/new-inven...del=M%20Series

Pacific in Glendale often has a decent inventory:
https://www.pacificbmw.com/new-vehicles/m3/

FWIW, neither one necessarily would be my first choice of dealers ... but they do typically seem to have decent inventory and colors from which to choose.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 02:57 PM   #5
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregM4 View Post

Which BMW dealer in the LA area would be the best to visit to review a wide variety of colors.

Don't expect shopping for an M3/M4 to be like buying a normal car lol. They are extremely low volume cars. It's best to use a website like cars.com or something similar where you can see which dealerships have what color combos or options. Then just go and see the car that you found online. They may or may not let you test drive the car depending on the dealership because they don't want people putting mileage on the car.

You will not have a BMW Dealership with a wide array of M3/M4 just sitting on the lot in different colors and options lol.

I personally bought mine from South Bay BMW, serviced it at McKenna a few times and now I ultimately go to New Century BMW in Alhambra. The SAs at New Century have been a bit more...lenient?

For example McKenna and Southbay would NOT let you get a BMW Rental car if you were under 30 for service so I got stuck with a few Enterprise rentals but New Century always gave me a recent BMW.

I got my radio buttons replaced under warranty due to cracking of wear and tear at NC but other dealerships would deny it as it's "wear and tear".

I bought mine at SB BMW just because they had the exact car I wanted. It was not the best price as I was able to get a M4 with every single option, even full leather, manual, ZCP, exec, blind spot, etc for 18% under MSRP at BMW Monrovia. They were also a Costco Dealership too so negotiations started with the lower number already.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 2
GregM41317.00
slow_g82202.00
      03-19-2024, 08:51 PM   #6
M4ROLLIN20
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 COMPETITION

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregM4 View Post

Look online you’ll have you’re choice
Appreciate 1
GregM41317.00
      03-20-2024, 10:17 AM   #7
bimmerCHAOS
Private First Class
Rep

Based on his location (AUS?), seemed like OP simply was trying to find out where in LA there might be a dealer with decent inventory in stock to view the various colors in person, rather than to purchase anything at this point? Figured maybe he's just going to be traveling through, and thought he'd have a chance to kill some time here picking his next G8x color in person.

As we all know, pictures and configurators online simply don't do any of these colors justice! And it's hard to pull the trigger without seeing them in person. Wish I could say that's my excuse for choosing skyscraper ... but I think I'm just boring.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 10:32 AM   #8
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerCHAOS View Post
Based on his location (AUS?), seemed like OP simply was trying to find out where in LA there might be a dealer with decent inventory in stock to view the various colors in person, rather than to purchase anything at this point? Figured maybe he's just going to be traveling through, and thought he'd have a chance to kill some time here picking his next G8x color in person.

As we all know, pictures and configurators online simply don't do any of these colors justice! And it's hard to pull the trigger without seeing them in person. Wish I could say that's my excuse for choosing skyscraper ... but I think I'm just boring.
My car is Alpine White. No flakes or any multi-stages in the color LOL. Are you sure you're the boring one?

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2024, 10:53 AM   #9
bimmerCHAOS
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
My car is Alpine White. No flakes or any multi-stages in the color LOL. Are you sure you're the boring one?
Okay, you win.
Appreciate 1
N1rve1287.50
      03-20-2024, 11:02 AM   #10
GregM4
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerCHAOS View Post

Spot on. We purchased our G82 in Verde Ermes without seeing the colour which was a gamble which paid off. We love it.

Just a bit of free time and very large market in the US so thought dealers might have more individual colours on the lot. In Australia most of ours are black, silver, grey or white.

Thanks for the help

By the way I like Skyscraper. Looks great on the new 5 series.
SOLD - E93 Burgundy
Appreciate 1