BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-05-2024, 04:40 PM   #1
hova00
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

2024 BMW M3 CS - 3rd Time is a Charm

What’s up my fellow BMW enthusiasts!! I’m super pumped to be making this post and still in disbelief that I actually own a 2024 BMW M3 CS. More on that later…

As some of you may know I’ve previously owned 2 G80 M3’s and 9 M3’s in total. I was an early adopter to the controversial front grill and immediately fell in love on sight. It was a RWD Comp finished in Toronto Red on black and I truly enjoyed the car while I owned it. During that time I took it to the drag strip, road course and it served as a daily driver year round in all types of weather. There were a couple things I wasn’t fond of which included the lack of Track mode and the lack luster launch control. Due to that I knew I’d make the switch to the xDrive model when it was announced. I just didn’t expect to make the switch as quickly as I did.

My local dealer called me with a 2023 M3 Comp finished in Frozen Pure Grey II on Tartufo. In no means was this the car I would’ve spec’d for myself. So far out of the box of what I would order I didn’t consider it at first but decided to make a trip to see it in person. Upon arrival I was blown away by the sophisticated look and abundance of options this particular M3 boasted. I thought it was perfect in every way. Fast, good looking and unique!! How could I go wrong?? So I sold my Redeye Charger and drove off in my new M3. This car had track mode and was an xDrive model that would propel itself to a 10.9@124.xxmph in stock form. Im not aware of a stock M3 that is faster. Fast forward to the spring and I added the Carbahn Stage 2 package with a warranty. That package took the car to another level of performance. With this package it ran a best of 10.5@131.xxmph. In addition to the performance mods the car benefited from PPF, tint, KW HAS, spacers, AA EL Mid pipe & valve controller. I was as happy as I could be until I realized that the frozen paint probably isn’t the best choice for a long term M3. Special soap and care was needed and god forbid if it got a scratch the whole panel would need to be painted. Long story short I decided to sell that car and wait for an LCI allocation to become available and order it to my particular spec and make it my “Forever M3”

While waiting for an allocation I purchased a Hellcat Durango which is one hell of a vehicle and is FAST in stock form 11.4@119mph is no joke in 3 row SUV. During the 5 months of ownership I would check out Autotrader & Cars.com looking for an M3. During one of my window shopping adventures I saw a newly listed M3 CS for sale that was perfect. Finished in Black Sapphire Metallic and best of all it was somewhat local & available. I called first thing in the morning and place my deposit securing my CS. As I waited for it to arrive I grew anxious and was all set to pick it up on Thursday 2/29. A leap year at that. The car arrived as planned and the dealer sent photos of the car on the truck along with pics when it was unloaded. As you could imagine I was excited for delivery day to arrive only to be disappointed. The dealer called and informed me that the car had a severe dent in the drivers door that happened during transport. My hopes & dreams were crushed in an instant. The chances of me finding another BSM M3 CS that was available seemed impossible. I almost gave up hope but jumped online and began my search. To my surprise and after several phone calls I eventually found another BSM M3 CS that was available and located just 1.5hours from my home. I couldn’t believe it…Did I just hit the M3 lotto?? Needless to say I secured the car and drove to the dealer 1st thing in the morning where this beauty was waiting for me in the showroom and best of all it wasn’t damaged…😂

With everything that happened I was fortunate enough to pick up the car in the same day I originally planned.

Enough talking time to introduce my 2024 BMW M3 CS!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 28
Needsdecaf6599.00
bri10425937.00
Seedster2279.00
RUNSOK237.00
snyder268149.50
ASAP10161.00
GOLFFRR10816.50
S1nner126.00
Galandel193.00
FrankieNuo1219.00
2011ninja3396.00
Aalfred2607.00
Ibiza3611.50
sullic72.00
kgelfen3602215.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
Mojja16.50
      03-05-2024, 05:09 PM   #2
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Congrats! That color combo definitely needs a Batman license plate of some sort! I mean, the original even has yellow lights in front!

Appreciate 10
marashka223.00
hova001190.50
RUNSOK237.00
Skyscraper2196.00
chicagofan0019146.00
Wanted_M759.00
MannyS357.00
a1gio2214.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
      03-05-2024, 05:15 PM   #3
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you and maybe you didn’t notice this, but there is a mark dead center on the door….

of your garage! 😝🤣
Appreciate 1
hova001190.50
      03-05-2024, 05:31 PM   #4
hova00
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Congrats! That color combo definitely needs a Batman license plate of some sort! I mean, the original even has yellow lights in front!

Thank you! Someone at BMW must be a Batman fan. They even copied the lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you and maybe you didn’t notice this, but there is a mark dead center on the door….

of your garage! ����
You definitely got me... That was a good one!! Made my heart sink a little bit reading it.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 05:40 PM   #5
Seedster2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Competition RWD

Congratulations! Your CS looks great. You have gone through quite the ordeal. Your luck and determination paid off.

Can you share how the negotiations went with the dealers you contacted? Were they demanding over list/MSRP?

Separately, what happens to the car damaged in transport? I imagine it will be resold. Does the dealer have to disclose the damage and sell at a discount?

Last edited by Seedster2; 03-05-2024 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
hova001190.50
      03-05-2024, 05:53 PM   #6
Stepanyan
Rep
Drives: 23 M4cx Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedster2 View Post
Separately, what happens to the car damaged in transport? I imagine it will be resold. Does the dealer have to disclose the damnage and sell at a discount?
In California, at least, the dealer has a duty to disclose any material facts about the car that it has exclusive knowledge of in a transaction.

Material facts are defined basically as any fact that a reasonable person would think is material when making a decision on whether they want to make the purchase or not at a specific price point.

A reasonable person standard is basically up to the jury to decide, but in this case I would think the jury will decide that such damage is a meterial fact that the dealer was supposed to disclose given the type of the car and that it is supposed to be a new car.

Exclusive knowledge is defined as something that only dealer knows and the buyer does not know. So if you obtain knowledge, let's say, from an internet forum, that this m3 cs has damage, and go buy the car, then the dealer would not have an obligation to disclose, because the knowledge now is not exclusive to the dealer. In that case, it would not be very honest of them to not tell you anything about it, but if you were to sue them for failure to disclose their defense would be that you knew about it.

Mandatory disclaimer: Each case is different and state laws vary.
Appreciate 2
Seedster2279.00
hova001190.50
      03-06-2024, 01:56 AM   #7
RichardGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

Congratulations on the purchase and the winding route you took to get it! I love the look of the car, nice to see a BSM one instead of all the white and green ones! lol

A great post for me to read as I pick up my BSM M3 CS IN 8 days time from my local dealer!

I’ve had a G82 M4CX for just over two years but placed an order for a new M3CX in September last year, which was due for delivery into the UK at Christmas.

However production was delayed until a March delivery, then about 6 weeks ago the sales woman rang to give me first refusal on a new CS they’d unexpectedly managed to secure, which had been on order by Chris Harris (from Top Gear - he lives in my area!) but he’d cancelled it!

So after some negotiation I bought it. I’ve had to wait 6 weeks to collect but this time next week will be my last day in the M4!
Appreciate 2
hova001190.50
      03-06-2024, 09:36 AM   #8
skyline408
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 2022 F95 X5M

Congratulations! I enjoy your yt channel!
Appreciate 1
hova001190.50
      03-06-2024, 10:07 AM   #9
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Nice bud, that thing is sick!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 2
g80.py123.50
hova001190.50
      03-06-2024, 10:34 AM   #10
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

I've never owned a black car before until my new to me M4 GTS, and all of a sudden, I get it. I also get now how different these limited edition cars drive compared to normal.

While I don't plan to get one anytime soon, if I ever get rid of my GTS and "need" a sedan, the M3CS in either Signal Green or BSM will be my choice.

Congrats on a seriously gorgeous car.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
hova001190.50
      03-06-2024, 12:34 PM   #11
hova00
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedster2 View Post
Congratulations! Your CS looks great. You have gone through quite the ordeal. Your luck and determination paid off.

Can you share how the negotiations went with the dealers you contacted? Were they demanding over list/MSRP?

Separately, what happens to the car damaged in transport? I imagine it will be resold. Does the dealer have to disclose the damage and sell at a discount?
Thank you! It was quite the ordeal that happened and is unfortunate for all parties involved.

The 1st dealer was selling at MSRP and made the process very easy. No BS or games. The dealer I purchased from did start at $10k over sticker and that mark up was negotiated down to what I felt was acceptable given the limited availability. What helped me get the mark up to a minimum was showing up in person and the willingness to buy the car that day. It was some back and forth negotiating and at one point I thought it wouldn't happen. The dealer did mention selling at MSRP if I was local because they would be the servicing dealer. The finance dept. didn't play any games and was straightforward with the rates. Thankfully I didn't have to go through hoops and over hurdles with them.

From what I'm hearing the damaged car was sent back to BMW to be repaired at port and will not be reflected in a carfax report etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGM4 View Post
Congratulations on the purchase and the winding route you took to get it! I love the look of the car, nice to see a BSM one instead of all the white and green ones! lol

A great post for me to read as I pick up my BSM M3 CS IN 8 days time from my local dealer!

I’ve had a G82 M4CX for just over two years but placed an order for a new M3CX in September last year, which was due for delivery into the UK at Christmas.

However production was delayed until a March delivery, then about 6 weeks ago the sales woman rang to give me first refusal on a new CS they’d unexpectedly managed to secure, which had been on order by Chris Harris (from Top Gear - he lives in my area!) but he’d cancelled it!

So after some negotiation I bought it. I’ve had to wait 6 weeks to collect but this time next week will be my last day in the M4!
Thank you! It was quite the journey. What was supposed to be an easy purchase and uneventful turned into quite the experience. BSM was the only color I wanted because it looks the best in my opinion and flows well with the interior colors. Sinister & sophisticated at the same time. The G8X platform is one of the best BMW has to offer and that is why so many people find themselves purchasing more that one.

You have a fantastic story attached to your inbound CS. Chris Harris would be very jealous if he knew that he missed the opportunity to own one of the best cars BMW made to date.

Enjoy your CS my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline408 View Post
Congratulations! I enjoy your yt channel!
Much appreciated and it's great to hear you enjoy the content. The CS is out for PPF and tint at the moment. Can't wait to get it back and get more seat time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Nice bud, that thing is sick!
Thanks my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I've never owned a black car before until my new to me M4 GTS, and all of a sudden, I get it. I also get now how different these limited edition cars drive compared to normal.

While I don't plan to get one anytime soon, if I ever get rid of my GTS and "need" a sedan, the M3CS in either Signal Green or BSM will be my choice.

Congrats on a seriously gorgeous car.
Thanks my man! A GTS in black is one mean machine and these special edition M3/M4's offer quite a unique experience compared to the other models. It's crazy how BMW can make an already fantastic car that is super capable and take it to another level of performance and feel. Kudos BMW!
Appreciate 2
W///7494.00
      03-06-2024, 01:54 PM   #12
snyder268
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00 View Post
What’s up my fellow BMW enthusiasts!! I’m super pumped to be making this post and still in disbelief that I actually own a 2024 BMW M3 CS. More on that later…

As some of you may know I’ve previously owned 2 G80 M3’s and 9 M3’s in total. I was an early adopter to the controversial front grill and immediately fell in love on sight. It was a RWD Comp finished in Toronto Red on black and I truly enjoyed the car while I owned it. During that time I took it to the drag strip, road course and it served as a daily driver year round in all types of weather. There were a couple things I wasn’t fond of which included the lack of Track mode and the lack luster launch control. Due to that I knew I’d make the switch to the xDrive model when it was announced. I just didn’t expect to make the switch as quickly as I did.

My local dealer called me with a 2023 M3 Comp finished in Frozen Pure Grey II on Tartufo. In no means was this the car I would’ve spec’d for myself. So far out of the box of what I would order I didn’t consider it at first but decided to make a trip to see it in person. Upon arrival I was blown away by the sophisticated look and abundance of options this particular M3 boasted. I thought it was perfect in every way. Fast, good looking and unique!! How could I go wrong?? So I sold my Redeye Charger and drove off in my new M3. This car had track mode and was an xDrive model that would propel itself to a 10.9@124.xxmph in stock form. Im not aware of a stock M3 that is faster. Fast forward to the spring and I added the Carbahn Stage 2 package with a warranty. That [...]
Do you plan on doing Carbahn tune on the CS?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 10:29 PM   #13
wasya152
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3CS

Congrats 🎉 🎊. There's only 3 things you need to do now. 1. PPF the whole car and film the windshield. The peace of mind is worth it alone. 2. Get AA Equal Length midpipe.
, it any midpipe for the matter. It will sound like it should have sounded from the factory. 3. Bimmercode off the load fake exhaust and speaker burble sound. It makes such a a huge difference to how it sounds and feels after. It's so visceral and organic sounding now and real. So much better.

Lastly, enjoy it. It's such a beast of a car. We love ours, more so after those midpipe and coding.

Last edited by wasya152; 03-07-2024 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
CSBM52722.50
      03-07-2024, 05:32 AM   #14
m34tokyo
Registered
Rep
Drives: audi rs4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post

of your garage! 😝🤣

You did zoom in, didn't you ;-) :-)

In fairness, on the exterior, although it goes w/Interior theme, I'm not a fan of that exterior red striping, especially contrasting w/Yellow DRL's.
Appreciate 1
KevinGS3359.00
      03-07-2024, 12:04 PM   #15
harperium
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3cx

You need one more new G80 in order to tie Joe Achilles' record of 4...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 07:45 AM   #16
hova00
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder268 View Post
Do you plan on doing Carbahn tune on the CS?
I'm considering it but the CS is special so not 100% sure I'll tune it. Maybe BM3 this time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasya152 View Post
Congrats 🎉 🎊. There's only 3 things you need to do now. 1. PPF the whole car and film the windshield. The peace of mind is worth it alone. 2. Get AA Equal Length midpipe.
, it any midpipe for the matter. It will sound like it should have sounded from the factory. 3. Bimmercode off the load fake exhaust and speaker burble sound. It makes such a a huge difference to how it sounds and feels after. It's so visceral and organic sounding now and real. So much better.

Lastly, enjoy it. It's such a beast of a car. We love ours, more so after those midpipe and coding.
Thank you!! Much appreciated.

1. The car is out for PPF as I'm typing this.

2. I had the AA EL Midpipe on my previous M3 Comp and was in love with the way it made the car sound paired with my Carbahn Valve Controller. Unfortunately I sold the mid pipe some time ago so I'll have to buy a new one.

3. I'll have to check out Bimmercode and what it has to offer. Thanks for the suggestions my man.
Appreciate 1
snyder268149.50
      03-08-2024, 07:49 AM   #17
hova00
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34tokyo View Post
You did zoom in, didn't you ;-) :-)

In fairness, on the exterior, although it goes w/Interior theme, I'm not a fan of that exterior red striping, especially contrasting w/Yellow DRL's.
You definitely had me for a second.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the red striping. I to was hesitant about the look until I saw the car in person. Good news is that if I grow tired of the stripe a little black vinyl will change the look quickly and it will be inexpensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harperium View Post
You need one more new G80 in order to tie Joe Achilles' record of 4...
I still have the 1st allocation for the LCI at my local dealer. The CS is a very special car which might limit the mods I'm willing to do. Time will tell since it's so new I may change my mind after some time of owing the car.
Appreciate 2
      03-08-2024, 11:48 AM   #18
G80XLV
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 M3 Comp xDrive  [0.00]
Is everybody getting decent value when selling their G80s? Are you trading in to the dealer you are getting your car from?

I have first dibs on a 2025 G8X and going with an individual color. I currently have a 2023 G80 Comp xDrive fully spec’d (minus carbon buckets) with 3k miles. Hoping to do the transaction all at one dealer and not have to sell privately.
      03-08-2024, 12:06 PM   #19
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Congrats I love the front lip on the CS’s. Does it have a gap between the bumper and the lip to allow airflow through in the front center? It looks like it might but I can’t tell from the pictures.

Any solutions for cup holders? (Lack of cup holders would drive me insane)
      03-08-2024, 11:09 PM   #20
wasya152
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00 View Post
I'm considering it but the CS is special so not 100% sure I'll tune it. Maybe BM3 this time around

Thank you!! Much appreciated.

1. The car is out for PPF as I'm typing this.

2. I had the AA EL Midpipe on my previous M3 Comp and was in love with the way it made the car sound paired with my Carbahn Valve Controller. Unfortunately I sold the mid pipe some time ago so I'll have to buy a new one.

3. I'll have to check out Bimmercode and what it has to offer. Thanks for the suggestions my man.
I could not believe how much difference coding off the fake speaker burble and fake exhaust ( on load option, I kept the down shift and shift sounds on) made to the feel off the car. It's so much better. I do think a louder exhaust is needed for it to balance out though. Might be too quite with stock
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 01:36 AM   #21
TheRamon
Rep
Drives: SPY G80 M3CX

This M3 is on a totally different level. Looks awesome, what a ride. Enjoy! Oh and, what’s your YT channel handle?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2024, 07:40 PM   #22
hova00
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80XLV View Post
Is everybody getting decent value when selling their G80s? Are you trading in to the dealer you are getting your car from?

I have first dibs on a 2025 G8X and going with an individual color. I currently have a 2023 G80 Comp xDrive fully spec’d (minus carbon buckets) with 3k miles. Hoping to do the transaction all at one dealer and not have to sell privately.
I got a fair offer for my 2023 M3 when I sold it. Funny enough I listed it for sale on this forum and didn't have much interest but it sold within a day to the dealer I sold it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM4 View Post
Congrats I love the front lip on the CS’s. Does it have a gap between the bumper and the lip to allow airflow through in the front center? It looks like it might but I can’t tell from the pictures.

Any solutions for cup holders? (Lack of cup holders would drive me insane)
Thanks! I don't thing there is a gap to allow airflow in the center between the lip and bumper. I'll double check once I get the car back from PPF & tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRamon View Post
This M3 is on a totally different level. Looks awesome, what a ride. Enjoy! Oh and, what’s your YT channel handle?
Much appreciated my man! My YT is

https://youtube.com/@carguy302?si=H8agparPT8t0bPxj
Appreciate 0