BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-19-2024, 02:17 PM   #23
Mike02z
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Base

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
2024 BMW M4  [0.00]
I DM’d you the quotes I got last June. Should give you a general idea at least.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2024, 02:47 PM   #24
althepal
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 MT

I feel better knowing that it wasn't an option, thanks! And it is unfortunate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
Can’t get adaptive cruise in a manual unfortunately.
Appreciate 2
Mike02z1977.50
Limegrntaln13469.00
      03-19-2024, 02:50 PM   #25
althepal
Private
No_Country
Rep

Oops, I didn't know that was you and I replied as if it was my quote! haha! Sorry about that.

Thank you for sending - those are good numbers.
I'll let you know what I end up seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
I DM’d you the quotes I got last June. Should give you a general idea at least.
Appreciate 1
Mike02z1977.50
      03-19-2024, 02:50 PM   #26
FrenchyfromFL
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, G80 M3X

Congrats!
I passed on a F82 M4 a few years back which was also owned by BMW corporate as 1st owner.
It had CCB and very well optioned. Turned out I was able to figure out the car used to be from BMW driving school fleet.
It was low miles too but now only 300 miles, so at least I doubt yours could have been a driving school car that was beaten on.
Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 02:52 PM   #27
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, MY

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Congrats! That’s very low miles for a ‘21 MY. Love the 6MT and black on black look with buckets - don’t see that very often. On the PPF and ceramic question with costs I’ve paid or had quoted -

If you PPF the whole car you’ll make your life a lot easier - you could go to a car wash, preferably hand wash, and not worry about having swirls in your clear coat. You could ceramic coat as well and have someone else wash the car, just make sure they use the right soap. The ceramic will help preserve the PPF and make it hydrophobic. $7-9k

If you don’t want to spend that much, PPF only the high impact areas and ceramic coat. $3-5k. Great thing about ceramic is you can blow it dry.

If you don’t want to spend even that much, just PPF the front and delicately hand wash. $1k+

Or don’t do anything and do paint protection eventually and waxing annually.

I had BSM on my G80 and have it on my X7. The X7 I didn’t do anything with for PPF or ceramic, and I hand wash monthly - there are some imperfections after 6 months, but nothing horrendous. I use a pressure washer and foam sprayer.

The M3 I took to a car wash weekly. PPF only. No swirls thanks to the PPF.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2024, 02:56 PM   #28
BryanCO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 997.1 GT3 G80 Manuals

Looks great. Have fun!
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2024, 03:17 PM   #29
althepal
Private
No_Country
Rep

Thank you! the black on black wasn't my first choice, that being Tanzanite Blue/Silverstone, but I think I'll really like it.

And thanks so much for the detailed PPF/ceramic info. That's a wad of cash for the full PPF, but I can see how it would greatly reduce my anxiety. Do they actually cover all the painted surfaces and the roof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
Congrats! That’s very low miles for a ‘21 MY. Love the 6MT and black on black look with buckets - don’t see that very often. On the PPF and ceramic question with costs I’ve paid or had quoted -

If you PPF the whole car you’ll make your life a lot easier - you could go to a car wash, preferably hand wash, and not worry about having swirls in your clear coat. You could ceramic coat as well and have someone else wash the car, just make sure they use the right soap. The ceramic will help preserve the PPF and make it hydrophobic. $7-9k

If you don’t want to spend that much, PPF only the high impact areas and ceramic coat. $3-5k. Great thing about ceramic is you can blow it dry.

If you don’t want to spend even that much, just PPF the front and delicately hand wash. $1k+

Or don’t do anything and do paint protection eventually and waxing annually.

I had BSM on my G80 and have it on my X7. The X7 I didn’t do anything with for PPF or ceramic, and I hand wash monthly - there are some imperfections after 6 months, but nothing horrendous. I use a pressure washer and foam sprayer.

The M3 I took to a car wash weekly. PPF only. No swirls thanks to the PPF.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 03:19 PM   #30
althepal
Private
No_Country
Rep

Thank you!
Did they provide a disclosure showing the driving school use? I'm told they legally need to if that is the case. There was no disclosure attached to this car, so I feel pretty confident in the condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchyfromFL View Post
Congrats!
I passed on a F82 M4 a few years back which was also owned by BMW corporate as 1st owner.
It had CCB and very well optioned. Turned out I was able to figure out the car used to be from BMW driving school fleet.
It was low miles too but now only 300 miles, so at least I doubt yours could have been a driving school car that was beaten on.
Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 03:23 PM   #31
Bimmerfun82
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3, X7, MY

Garage List
24 BMW M3  [10.00]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by althepal View Post
Thank you! the black on black wasn't my first choice, that being Tanzanite Blue/Silverstone, but I think I'll really like it.

And thanks so much for the detailed PPF/ceramic info. That's a wad of cash for the full PPF, but I can see how it would greatly reduce my anxiety. Do they actually cover all the painted surfaces and the roof?
I have TBii, and it is so easily damaged - seems softer than BSM and reflective of anything on it. Beautiful color though!

PPF can be applied on all trim and paint surfaces and mirror caps - basically every panel except for the front inlets in the kidney grille.

If you keep the car long enough and if it bakes in the sun during the day I’ve heard of PPF peeling and getting discolored. There should be a warranty period on these issues, but just be aware of this. I’ve been told ceramic helps avoid these problems although haven’t kept a car long enough to know for sure.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2024, 05:51 PM   #32
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by althepal View Post
Jimmy,
I sent you text this morning but haven't heard back from you.

It was saying that Christine hasn't replied to my inquiry and I'll be making a decision about a warranty very soon. So it would be good hear back.
Let me know if you can follow up with her or help me yourself.

Thanks!
Alex
I am not Jimmy. Jimmy Miller is one of our sales reps, I am
Golffrr. If you would like a quote please follow the guide in the link I posted above. If you don’t hear back after 24hrs just PM me directly on here your email address and I can follow up. Thanks

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
mathys202.50