BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

02-20-2022, 01:05 PM   #45
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Yeah, Turtle Wax green paste was your fathers wax, back in the day. It's so much better than that, now. They really listen to their customers.
No. I meant Zaino Bros. This is from 2004. Think it's still good?!

I haven't seen any updates with their product. I'd expect something to be a good product, if you see professionals constantly reviewing it. I haven't seen one person review anything from them.

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 12:16 PM   #46
Dynamic3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3Cx

What’s everyone using for a vacuum?

Also, recommendation for a gentle leather cleaner? (Had the whole interior coated in Modesta fwiw.)

Thanks guys.

Despite requesting a “no wash” note on my service profile, the dealership washed my car when I had a tire replaced and everywhere I didn’t get PPF (went with the track pack, rear fenders, and roof) is now full of swirl marks and outright scratches. Furious.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 07:33 PM   #47
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic3 View Post
What’s everyone using for a vacuum?

Also, recommendation for a gentle leather cleaner? (Had the whole interior coated in Modesta fwiw.)

Thanks guys.

Despite requesting a “no wash” note on my service profile, the dealership washed my car when I had a tire replaced and everywhere I didn’t get PPF (went with the track pack, rear fenders, and roof) is now full of swirl marks and outright scratches. Furious.
Vacuum: 16-gallon Shop Vac from Lowes -- with a 20' hose.

Leather care: Used Leatherique for years. Began using Leather Masters Dye Transfer Leather Cleaner; good results. Now using Colourlock leather cleaners (light and heavy), foaming applicator, and soft-bristle brush (sourced from Obsessed Garage or Detailed Image). Note: I applied CarPro Leather ceramic coating upon taking delivery, so regular cleaning of light dye transfer just takes a couple squirts of light leather cleaner and some brush agitation to remove any/all discoloration.

Oh -- and get yourself a "do not wash" sign to hang from your interior rearview mirror.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2022, 12:32 AM   #48
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
Oh -- and get yourself a "do not wash" sign to hang from your interior rearview mirror.
I like this idea.
Appreciate 0