02-04-2022, 04:54 PM   #1
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80X, Mazda 3 6MT (daily)

Garage List
BMW Shop in MKE / Chicago

Looking for a reputable shop to do some work on the car whenever it comes in. Would like to install the KW HAS kit. I’ve been quoted $1100 to install that by Milwaukee Motorwerks, which is 8 hours of labor and includes alignment. Sound fair?

From reading on here, it sounds like at the most, the spring installation should take 3 hours.

Anybody else have experience in the area?
      02-10-2022, 11:26 AM   #2
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

If you really are considering that far of a drive, I'd take a look at IND.

They're actually nearly as far (time driven) outside of Chicago as they are from Milwaukee.

I've only had body work down by the sister (possibly former) company, but have had the chance to walk through IND's shop and see their work (including full project cars). They'd definitely be one of my calls if I needed work done.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2022, 01:32 PM   #3
MUFCbmwbear
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M2 & 20 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post

They're actually nearly as far (time driven) outside of Chicago as they are from Milwaukee.

I've only had body work down by the sister (possibly former) company, but have had the chance to walk through IND's shop and see their work (including full project cars). They'd definitely be one of my calls if I needed work done.
Cosign iND in Lake Zurich iL.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 11:58 PM   #4
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
IND was the first shop I contacted. They said they have their cars lowered by Fall-Line Motorsports. They gave me a rough estimate of $2,000 to install the HAS kit.

I’ve received a lower quote of $800 with alignment from another shop down in IL, but most shops are charging around $1100.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 03:33 PM   #5
Cylindercount
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp Xdrive on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
IND was the first shop I contacted. They said they have their cars lowered by Fall-Line Motorsports. They gave me a rough estimate of $2,000 to install the HAS kit.

I’ve received a lower quote of $800 with alignment from another shop down in IL, but most shops are charging around $1100.
I’m on the same boat. Live in Chicago and need a good shop for spring install. Did you end up installing? If so can you share feedback and location of shop?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 07:46 PM   #6
MMM.PWR
Sith Lord
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylindercount View Post
I’m on the same boat. Live in Chicago and need a good shop for spring install. Did you end up installing? If so can you share feedback and location of shop?
A spring install will be cheaper than a HAS kit. The cheapest I found was $800 in IL but I've decided that the KW HAS kit is too low in the back at the highest setting, which defeats the purpose of an adjustable kit. So I am returning it and getting AST springs until a decent coilover set is released that isn't for the track. Let me know if you want the contact info.
      02-23-2022, 08:10 PM   #7
Cylindercount
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp Xdrive on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
A spring install will be cheaper than a HAS kit. The cheapest I found was $800 in IL but I've decided that the KW HAS kit is too low in the back at the highest setting, which defeats the purpose of an adjustable kit. So I am returning it and getting AST springs until a decent coilover set is released that isn't for the track. Let me know if you want the contact info.
Yes that is exactly the reason why I decided against KW HAS…it’s just po low out back for my tastes. Trying to decide between AST or H&R springs….maybe even Eibach? If you can DM the contact information when you get a chance I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 04:00 PM   #8
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz View Post

Are you referring to A&L? That's where I used to get all my IND parts installed, but that was a long time ago. I know they have a larger warehouse and office now, but don't remember them having shop space there
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 10:50 PM   #9
Griz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Are you referring to A&L? That's where I used to get all my IND parts installed, but that was a long time ago. I know they have a larger warehouse and office now, but don't remember them having shop space there
At one point, they were operating under the same roof in Palatine.
Appreciate 0