BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-20-2022, 09:11 PM   #23
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmc View Post
I had a 2018 M4 Competition and attended the M school in Thermal Ca. about 10 months after purchase.

I used a credit card points to get a flight into Palms springs, and rented a car. The hotel was absolutely first rate. Drove to Thermal the next morning and we had a blast in18 BMW's (their )tires, gas, engines etc..at the time 6 M2's, 6 M3's, and 6 M4's, for about 6-7 hours. You learn a lot, and do things you should never do on a public road. Good lunch. You get some bling, and there are small awards for best times for a couple events. And a hot lap with a pro-instructor/driver (they are all pro's). My favorite item from the bling was a BMW cap you can only get there, or on eBay.

It's a lot of work to drive that way for day, but a great feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.

Is it worth is? Up to you. It was to me. I agree that a car should go full speed without having to pay, but it is what it is. I did it for both the
'just in case I find the opportunity to go full speed" and the car's value if I have to sell it, which I do not plan on doing. And bragging I guess.

Afterward the day at the track, I drove back to the hotel, cleaned up, and went to an amazing Mexican restaurant for a good dinner.

Bring your wife/husband/GF/BF and let them either come with you to the track (if they are into cars) or stay at the hotel and relax by the pool.

Excited to get my Black M4 Comp, coming soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I didn't think about that. I just may do that instead. Looking at the calendar, they only have one day a month set aside for the M Drivers Package track day. Unless I just supplement and add another class. I believe it's a $1,500 voucher you get, anyway. I can use that towards any course, I'm sure.
Yes, you can. I'd recommend at least the 2-day M School, advanced M, or GT4 experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmc View Post
I had a 2018 M4 Competition and attended the M school in Thermal Ca. about 10 months after purchase.

I used a credit card points to get a flight into Palms springs, and rented a car. The hotel was absolutely first rate. Drove to Thermal the next morning and we had a blast in18 BMW's (their )tires, gas, engines etc..at the time 6 M2's, 6 M3's, and 6 M4's, for about 6-7 hours. You learn a lot, and do things you should never do on a public road. Good lunch. You get some bling, and there are small awards for best times for a couple events. And a hot lap with a pro-instructor/driver (they are all pro's). My favorite item from the bling was a BMW cap you can only get there, or on eBay.

It's a lot of work to drive that way for day, but a great feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.

Is it worth is? Up to you. It was to me. I agree that a car should go full speed without having to pay, but it is what it is. I did it for both the
'just in case I find the opportunity to go full speed" and the car's value if I have to sell it, which I do not plan on doing. And bragging I guess.

Afterward the day at the track, I drove back to the hotel, cleaned up, and went to an amazing Mexican restaurant for a good dinner.

Bring your wife/husband/GF/BF and let them either come with you to the track (if they are into cars) or stay at the hotel and relax by the pool.

Excited to get my Black M4 Comp, coming soon!
Perfect. Thanks for the insight. I definitely need to do this.

Appreciate 0