G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

04-06-2022, 09:35 AM   #67
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
So so fed up with 0-60. It has no bearing in the real world where traffic and hidden cops exist.

0-60 in 3.5 vs 3.8, who the F cares?
I do. Big time. It’s the most fun aside from a track or perhaps an on-ramp to the highway.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 09:49 AM   #68
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

I swore Id never get an EV-- SWORE. But I had to try it out and I did it for the novelty of .... speed. I still would never get a Model 3 but I have some thoughts/opine on EV's if and when real world speed is involved.

I do understand its a quick "go to" when looking for detriments with Tesla; no sound, shit quality, blah blah blah and I can relatively concur having seen quite a few bad builds over the past 10 years of its existence.

But I got this car outside of that because I just wanted to crush souls on the street and expressways. The build quality, for me, has been great with no issues. The upgraded interior is a plus along with some rather incredible tech. I enjoy the car for what it brings. Would I get it as my only car- fuck no but its a worthy compliment to my current stable. As I mentioned in another thread, the only sound my Plaid makes is "La Cucaracha" when I honk the damn horn. I love my M's and other rides right after I leave the Plaid but ... I dont get sour when I get in the Plaid after having driven the ICE cars.

FYI Im a BMW fanboy having had 12 M's and still have two so my ownership experience is factual and my opinion just might, maybe, perhaps, possibly, have more relevance. Now i do understand this is a Model 3P comparo so my thoughts are not tangible but Ive driven that car many times (Model 3P New Iteration) and in the real world, on real streets, its fast up to certain limits outside of pre-meditated races such as this one posted here.

Who says you can not put lipstick on a pig LOL:

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 4
chris7197273.00
NathObeaN1304.50
SaMaster144320.50
chicagofan0018923.00
      04-07-2022, 05:20 PM   #69
Amos1262
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 20113 M3 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
Agree as well. I've had 4 M cars and made the switch to a Model 3P and I can tell you that right now I can't justify buying a $100k (with markup) M3xdrive vs a $62k Tesla .. that essentially weighs the same, brakes the same and that's toe to toe up to 100mph (assuming you get the launch mode to work before the tesla is long gone). The Tesla is very track capable (addition of heat pump/track mode) and with low cost mods can really compete on any local track - with superchargers close by to play all day long.
Laugh all you want about the Tesla, but for what it is its an excellent value.. just like what the M3 used to be...
...but the Tesla looks like ass and the inside feels like a Pontiac.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 05:22 PM   #70
Amos1262
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 20113 M3 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I swore Id never get an EV-- SWORE. But I had to try it out and I did it for the novelty of .... speed. I still would never get a Model 3 but I have some thoughts/opine on EV's if and when real world speed is involved.

I do understand its a quick "go to" when looking for detriments with Tesla; no sound, shit quality, blah blah blah and I can relatively concur having seen quite a few bad builds over the past 10 years of its existence.

But I got this car outside of that because I just wanted to crush souls on the street and expressways. The build quality, for me, has been great with no issues. The upgraded interior is a plus along with some rather incredible tech. I enjoy the car for what it brings. Would I get it as my only car- fuck no but its a worthy compliment to my current stable. As I mentioned in another thread, the only sound my Plaid makes is "La Cucaracha" when I honk the damn horn. I love my M's and other rides right after I leave the Plaid but ... I dont get sour when I get in the Plaid after having driven the ICE cars.

FYI Im a BMW fanboy having had 12 M's and still have two so my ownership experience is factual and my opinion just might, maybe, perhaps, possibly, have more relevance. Now i do understand this is a Model 3P comparo so my thoughts are not tangible but Ive driven that car many times (Model 3P New Iteration) and in the real world, on real streets, its fast up to certain limits outside of pre-meditated races such as this one posted here.

Who says you can not put lipstick on a pig LOL:

I've only seen a few Teslas that look good and yours in one.
Appreciate 1
Vic5518962.50