BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

04-05-2022, 07:10 AM   #1
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Performance Center Delivery Status

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I've read a similar anecdote or two about this in other threads, but I figured I'd pass along some info I just got from the BMW Performance Center about their current status (as well as a specific answer to my question about whether my son, who has his learner's permit, will be able to join, in case that's of interest to anyone else):

Quote:
Yes, as long as he has a valid permit your 16 year old will be able to drive with you on track.

Without a production number or a VIN to be able to reference, it’s hard to say, but here’s a rough idea. Deliveries are currently being scheduled once the vehicle has cleared the VPC with all work orders complete and any Stop Sales removed. As you may know, the VPC that serves us is in the US, so it will have to make the overseas journey and clear the VPC before we can offer a date. We don’t want to offer you a date that we can’t be reasonably certain that we can maintain, especially with regard to your travel plans to attend. Due to shipping delays, parts availability, and a myriad of other factors that are influencing that timetable right now, it would be pure speculation to try to predict when your vehicle might be ready to deliver.

Once we do offer a date, we do have some flexibility on alternate dates, however we will offer the earliest available date first, so any alternate dates will likely be later on the calendar. The farthest we can typically go after the original offer date is no more than a week or two. That should offer some flexibility without taking program availability away from another guest. Also, be aware that our program is busier than we have ever been, and availability is coming at a premium, so that does limit our flexibility to some degree.

I realize that these are some vague answers, but unfortunately that is the process we are dealing with at the moment. That said, take hope, as we are still offering the same quality of program that you are accustomed to at this point. We look forward to hosting you and your son, and if you have any additional questions, please feel free to let us know.
Moderators: I had intended to post this in the Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery forum; feel free to move and apologies.
      04-05-2022, 07:40 AM   #2
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Its good to know that they are flexible on the schedule even though they offer only one day (instead of 3 day option in the past) in the initial communication.
Appreciate 0