home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southeast

01-28-2022, 09:50 PM   #1
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M4, '23 CX-50

Charlotte area - Bucket seats

Anybody near the Charlotte area have the carbon bucket seats?

I secured an allocation the other day and currently have the buckets optioned, but am having second thoughts since I have not had an opportunity to sit in them.

I am 5'7", 160 pounds with 32 inch waist and in my mid-30s, so I don't think my age or body type will be an issue, but I hope ingress/egress is not as terrible as some folks claim. I also went with a 6spd and have read mixed reviews over how the center hump feels between the thighs when shifting.

Thoughts? I would be interested in making a drive to get a few minutes of seat time. If you know of a dealer with the seats and can advise, that would be much appreciated as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 07:19 AM   #2
flaury23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhmax16 View Post

I secured an allocation the other day and currently have the buckets optioned, but am having second thoughts since I have not had an opportunity to sit in them.

I am 5'7", 160 pounds with 32 inch waist and in my mid-30s, so I don't think my age or body type will be an issue, but I hope ingress/egress is not as terrible as some folks claim. I also went with a 6spd and have read mixed reviews over how the center hump feels between the thighs when shifting.

Thoughts? I would be interested in making a drive to get a few minutes of seat time. If you know of a dealer with the seats and can advise, that would be much appreciated as well.
We are similar in size and I also ordered the carbon buckets. I have week 11 build. But I'm sure we will be just fine. My mclaren has senna seats and guys our size have no issues as they are a lot more aggressive compared to M3 seats.

I'm local to Charlotte....looking forward to see yours.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 08:29 AM   #3
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

From the videos and reviews I've seen, apart from sitting in them at the dealer, they are comfortable. As far as getting in and out, it'll bother your left quad/thigh region as it'll run the side bolster, which is rigid, unless you high step it as if you were doing a HIIT workout. Other than that, no drive time on them, so can't really tell you how they'd o on road conditions as far as comfort.

Im 5'11" , about 190 just for reference
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 05:06 PM   #4
The_Transporter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhmax16 View Post

I was in an M4 with them last weekend so can give my take on them, but would def recommend seat time! I'm 33yo, 6' 165lbs and I thought they were pretty nice as I am now, but if I put on 15-20 pounds they would be probably be super uncomfortable. They will be great for tracking and spirited driving but I wouldn't take a road trip in them. Also for what it's worth my wife who is 5'6 and also slim hated them and thought they were a pain to get in and out of lol. We put in an order for a M3 with the standard M Sport Seats. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 12:32 AM   #5
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I could never live with those seats. I tried them once and it was an immediate hard pass.

Complete pain in the ass to get and out of.
      03-02-2022, 04:40 PM   #6
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M4, '23 CX-50

Thank you all. Too late now as I had a week 9 build which already went into production and is now in 155 status (QC purgatory). I left it with the carbon buckets optioned. Sometimes you need to take a gamble and my tolerance level with regards to comfort and ingress/egress is probably at least North of the average.

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0