BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

02-26-2024, 04:54 PM   #1
pratts_g80
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 430i

Garage List
2022 BMW 430i  [0.00]
G80 M3 MY24 Build week 12

Hi guys just thought I would start this thread to gain and give some info I am currently build week 12, originally 13 but got moved up. Got an allocation right away because someone canceled their order a day before. My spec is below.

M3 Comp Xdrive
Isle of Man Green
Full Kyalami orange interior
Parking assistance package
Executive package
826m Black wheels
Red calipers
Carbon trim
Carbon bucket seats
Carbon exterior package
Laserlights
Shadow line lights
Drive recorder

Some questions-
When would I get the vin?
If I am build week 12, what is a realistic delivery date?( am doing performance delivery)
What exhaust would be the best?

Some info-
BMW recently re opened the option of doing performance delivery(PCD). I talked to my SA and he put in the request for me. As long as you submit the request before status 151 and it gets approved, you are good. Unfortunately bmw stopped paying for the hotel, so you are on your own there. I would for sure go for it though, it is an experience of a lifetime. Also, all new bmws purchased in 2024 come with a complimentary new owners track drive. Once you get your vin, you can call them up and schedule that, it is complimentary for you and one guest. You can have additional guests but each one is $300. If you do take delivery at the performance center, then you will either have to drive back home or ship it. BMW does not cover the cost of shipping it back home. If you are driving home, be aware of the mileage and the break in service. Break in service is supposed to happen at 1200 mile, so if u like father than that you may have to ship it or stop at a dealer along the way and perform the service. Tips when breaking in- keep under 106 mph and 5.5k rpms. Make sure to vary engine rpms and speed, the engine needs to get used to it. Make sure to never do full throttle, at max 25 percent. When warming up the car, let it idle for about 30 seconds and start driving. Modern cars do not need to idle for that long. When you are driving, keep it under 2k rpms while warming up, after that, make sure to vary your rpms so that your engine breaks in properly. If you accidentally redline once it lockdown gear, don’t worry you’ll be fine, but don’t do it again. Also heard that it is better to do longer drives while breaking it in, avoid short drives if possible. This is so that you don’t go through too many thermal cycles. As for mods, find a mod friendly dealer. BMW likes to split their warranty in multiple sections relating to their parts. For example, if you do a custom catback exhaust, only your exhaust warranty will be voided, at least from what I’ve heard. If you plan on doing an engine mod like an intake, be prepared to have your warranty voided if you try and claim it because they can simply say that the intake is not oem and could have caused it. These motors are extremely capable and once you are out of warranty, should be nice to tune. Downpipe and a tune should have you pushing maybe 650-700. If anyone here has any info to contribute, please do. I am still learning and would love to learn more. Also, if anyone else is build week 12,13, or even 11, please respond to this when you get your vin and whenever you change status. Also, I’ve heard that when your car is almost done, they send you a teaser video? Not sure if that is confirmed but would love to hear from someone who has already taken delivery, if they got it. Thanks everyone, extremely happy to be in the position to buy an m3 at 16 by myself.
Appreciate 0