Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3n_M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by static_void View Post
Just placed my order. Opted for the Track Edition with the non-resonated midpipe and black tips. Oh boy. What am I getting myself into?
I heard black tips were BO until Feb 2023.
No way? Man... is this absolutely confirmed? May just see if I can go with chrome tips in the interim and order black later on. I wish I wasn't so impatient.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2022, 01:28 PM   #222
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just placed my order. Opted for the Track Edition with the non-resonated midpipe and black tips. Oh boy. What am I getting myself into?
No way? Man... is this absolutely confirmed? May just see if I can go with chrome tips in the interim and order black later on. I wish I wasn't so impatient.
I am too, but I understand the current situation in the market. It is what it is, waiting game
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 03:30 PM   #223
static_void
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am too, but I understand the current situation in the market. It is what it is, waiting game
Yeah, agreed, it'll definitely be worth the wait.
Appreciate 1
Froz3n_M399.50
      11-10-2022, 02:39 PM   #224
Sara/AWE
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E46

Quote:
Shooting you a DM to get your order information and so I can offer some options.

Want to get that system on your car so you can start enjoying the sweet sounds!
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #225
static_void
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

For anyone else that's curious, I just spoke with John @ AWE and he confirmed the backorder for black tips is verified and accurate. I was informed that the exhausts will ship with chrome tips until the black are available, at which time they'll be shipped out for free to all who ordered black tips with their original purchase. I'm personally satisfied with the response and won't make any changes given the new information. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2022, 03:12 PM   #226
Sara/AWE
Rep

Quote:
For anyone else that's curious, I just spoke with John @ AWE and he confirmed the backorder for black tips is verified and accurate. I was informed that the exhausts will ship with chrome tips until the black are available, at which time they'll be shipped out for free to all who ordered black tips with their original purchase. I'm personally satisfied with the response and won't make any changes given the new information. Hope that helps.
Tis true! You will notice a fun yellow insert in your tip box.

All who are waiting on their order for black tips will have the option to redeem black tips free of charge or if you are lovin' the chrome you can redeem a refund for the difference.

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions or need assistance redeeming tips!

Last edited by Sara/AWE; 11-11-2022 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2022, 10:24 AM   #227
chujk1985
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 X Comp

are there any midpipes that remove the secondary cats that mate up to the AWE switchpath well?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 02:47 PM   #228
Ronniempower
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have brand new black tips if your interested. Shoot me a message
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 02:34 AM   #229
youknowwhy
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E400 Coupe

Was reading through this thread, great info

Is this exhaust system legal in Europe? I am looking for the best sound upgrade for my coming M but it has to be within the law of Europe (Germany),
can anybody help me out ? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 10:24 AM   #230
IAmMatt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara/AWE View Post
No spacers, washers, etc are needed.

If you're keeping the factory mid pipes, adjust at the X pipe upwards at the ball sockets while tightening down. If you're running our downpipes, adjust the mid pipes, then the X, all while ensuring clamp placement is correct.

If you have mid pipes, is critical to not try to force them flat with one another, rather they are supposed to slightly offset wit the hangar one hangar barb parallel to the floor.

It's a lengthy, but here is our detailed install video for reference (skip to 12:39 for brace fitment and 29:13 for those with mid pipes):

Feel free to DM me if you need some help dialing it in. Want to make sure you all have perfect fitment
Just chiming in to confirm this. I recently had the switchpath + midpipe installed and my mechanic initially said that they couldn't get the plate back on because of a spacing issue. I showed them this clip and they were able to get the spacing right and the plate back on. They said it only has a few mms of clearance, but it's not rattling so we are all good.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 09:36 PM   #231
chujk1985
Major
Rep

Any more diy vids with the switchpath + AWE resonator delete and stock dow pipes?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 12:06 PM   #232
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's really awesome of AWE, abd a good compromise
2012 Audi A4 Avant - SOLD
Insta: mtn_m3cx
Appreciate 1
Sara/AWE185.50
      11-21-2022, 08:40 AM   #233
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chujk1985 View Post
Any more diy vids with the switchpath + AWE resonator delete and stock dow pipes?
I did it, rasp at 3500-4k RPMs, a bit of drone at highway speeds. went back to stock DP with Lower Cats, no drone and no rasp.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 08:48 AM   #234
chujk1985
Major
Rep

Quote:
I did it, rasp at 3500-4k RPMs, a bit of drone at highway speeds. went back to stock DP with Lower Cats, no drone and no rasp.
So you are just running the AWE axle back and their midpipe? (with stock downpipes and secondary cats?)

Do you have any sound clips?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 10:07 AM   #235
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chujk1985 View Post
So you are just running the AWE axle back and their midpipe? (with stock downpipes and secondary cats?)

Do you have any sound clips?

yes, I do, PM me I will send you some clips.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 09:54 AM   #236
Sara/AWE
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowwhy View Post
Was reading through this thread, great info

Is this exhaust system legal in Europe? I am looking for the best sound upgrade for my coming M but it has to be within the law of Europe (Germany),
can anybody help me out ? Thanks
Certainly check your local regulations, but this system does not alter any emissions equipment so it is legal by US standards.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 11:10 AM   #237
chujk1985
Major
Rep

curious if the switchpath + the non-resonated pipes would be louder than a stock axle back with say the AA or PSI midpipe?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2022, 03:28 PM   #238
WTFTG M3
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW G80 M3 Competition Xd

I have the AWE Track Edition and fu**ing LOVE IT!!!!!

Took my valvetronic cat back exhaust off after having a terrible time with the valves rattling and couldn't get much help with the customer service. Long story but I finally ripped it all off and purchased the AWE Track edition and kept the Valvetronic Single midpipe and my car sounds so amazing all the time. Now since i used the valvetronic single mid pipe there was some extra exhaust work i had to do to mate the two aftermarket pipes to each other, but I don't have to put my car in M mode to hear her purr. It's always sounding great. I can't emphasize enough how happy I am with AWE.
Appreciate 3
      12-09-2022, 09:58 AM   #239
static_void
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFTG M3 View Post
I have the AWE Track Edition and fu**ing LOVE IT!!!!!

Took my valvetronic cat back exhaust off after having a terrible time with the valves rattling and couldn't get much help with the customer service. Long story but I finally ripped it all off and purchased the AWE Track edition and kept the Valvetronic Single midpipe and my car sounds so amazing all the time. Now since i used the valvetronic single mid pipe there was some extra exhaust work i had to do to mate the two aftermarket pipes to each other, but I don't have to put my car in M mode to hear her purr. It's always sounding great. I can't emphasize enough how happy I am with AWE.
Whoa, any videos?! This is the exact combo I'm thinking of going with and am incredibly curious to hear how it sounds.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 01:36 PM   #240
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Whoa, any videos?! This is the exact combo I'm thinking of going with and am incredibly curious to hear how it sounds.
Any drone with the valves closed at highway speeds? Say like 2k-2.5k RPMS? I mean drone in the slightest, whether low or intense.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 11:05 AM   #241
hotsauce_bukkake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 6MT BG/FR

Just ordered mine thru my local shop. Super excited

Last edited by hotsauce_bukkake; 12-12-2022 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
Froz3n_M399.50
      12-16-2022, 02:30 PM   #242
static_void
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Very happy with my Track Edition exhaust with the non-resonated mid-pipes that I just had installed a few days back. It's not as loud as I'd like (maybe 85% of the way there) but I guess it's better than being too loud/louder than expected. Looks great, tone is incredible, quality is top notch, and the tips are a work of art. Can't wait to get my black tips soon (hopefully). Thanks for making the best exhaust for the G8X platform!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5