BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3xDrive

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
Hum… where are you located? It feels the west coast is having a higher priority then the east. Could this for offsetting the differences between transportation?

US west > US east > Canada west > Canada east
I'm in TO just like yourself. My dealer is Durham (Endras). Hope that helps.
      06-18-2021, 11:45 AM   #46
S2kM2dan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 6MT

Quote:
Hum… where are you located? It feels the west coast is having a higher priority then the east. Could this for offsetting the differences between transportation?

US west > US east > Canada west > Canada east
I am at BMW Durham in Ajax

2019 Mod Wait-List: Wagner 200Cell DP | M Mirrors | M Performance Spoiler | Eibach Springs
Appreciate 1
Shinzzze195.50
      06-18-2021, 11:50 AM   #47
S2kM2dan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct335i View Post
I'm in TO just like yourself. My dealer is Durham (Endras). Hope that helps.
Oh cool! Glad your SA is taking care of you well!

2019 Mod Wait-List: Wagner 200Cell DP | M Mirrors | M Performance Spoiler | Eibach Springs
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 12:39 PM   #48
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kM2dan View Post

I am at BMW Durham in Ajax
Appreciated. Will contact my SA shin for clarification then.

It's a good sign to see sales reps here. Active forum presence should be made mandatory for all BMW sales lol
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 12:42 PM   #49
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

It's a good sign to see sales reps here. Active forum presence should be made mandatory for all BMW sales lol
I agree..lol
      06-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #50
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
That would explain why I could not get frozen Portiamo blue as my dealer said it was not available. I went with Tanzanite blue and happy with that choice
You got told 'no' on a standard paint option? That's weird. This is the second thing you've said your dealer told you that makes me scratch my head.

Have you considered Portimao + xpel stealth? That's what I'm doing if I end up not being able to get Santorini blue after all.
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-18-2021, 03:07 PM   #51
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilalien View Post
Quote:
That would explain why I could not get frozen Portiamo blue as my dealer said it was not available. I went with Tanzanite blue and happy with that choice
You got told 'no' on a standard paint option? That's weird. This is the second thing you've said your dealer told you that makes me scratch my head.

Have you considered Portimao + xpel stealth? That's what I'm doing if I end up not being able to get Santorini blue after all.
My order was submitted today and got my production number!

However I was told there is a potential 12 weeks delay on frozen paint (WTF) and was asked if I want to change the colour….. really love the frozen dark grey but cannot wait till next year with the possible new "luxury tax".

Anyone heard anything about delays in frozen paint?
Appreciate 2
ct335i119.50
evilalien450.50
      06-18-2021, 03:12 PM   #52
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

I know..lol.. my guess Bmw has some delays or their system are not updated correctly. My SA did tell me last week, that frozen blue might experience delays and I don't want to wait longer for G80. A year wait in killing me
But thank you for concern, I am happy with Tanzanite blue.
TBH, I always liked Tanzanite blue but since my wife's vehicle had a similar blue, I was going to with Frozen Portimao.

Not sure on xpel stealth even though I have seen some good looking wraps online. Any time lines for your order?
      06-18-2021, 03:15 PM   #53
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

However I was told there is a potential 12 weeks delay on frozen paint (WTF) and was asked if I want to change the colour….. really love the frozen dark grey but cannot wait till next year with the possible new "luxury tax".

Yup.. Similar experience with Frozen Portimao Blue, it was not available and there will be delay. I did choose Tanzanite blue as I liked it and did not want to wait!
      06-18-2021, 03:44 PM   #54
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

My dealer is as well… have production number with an august build hopefully delivery end of September early October if that helps. Great dealership so far!
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-18-2021, 07:01 PM   #55
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

This is exactly why I went from not getting Santorini back to getting it. I was told it would be $9000 and a 5 month production delay. My dealership checked with BMW after Santorini was approved, and got back to me with a revised cost ($4900) and commitment that the car would be delivered by EOY to avoid the tax.

It is possible they are bumping up Individual (incl frozen?) deliveries for Canada due to this. I don't know. Alternately, there might be an accelerated timeframe for Santorini since it was a launch colour on the M4 xDrive and they are spinning up production using the paint. That's a totally low-confidence theory based on pure conjecture.

In any case... I'm expecting my individual paint delivery in time. If they can't give me the requested production date in August and it slips further out that puts things at risk, I'm going to do Portimao + stealth wrap.

Quote:
I know..lol.. my guess Bmw has some delays or their system are not updated correctly. My SA did tell me last week, that frozen blue might experience delays and I don't want to wait longer for G80. A year wait in killing me
But thank you for concern, I am happy with Tanzanite blue.
TBH, I always liked Tanzanite blue but since my wife's vehicle had a similar blue, I was going to with Frozen Portimao.

Not sure on xpel stealth even though I have seen some good looking wraps online. Any time lines for your order?
Tanzanite is nice. I like blue. I'm not big on "navy" blue on cars for some reason, but doesn't matter what I like. I reallllly wanted the frozen Portimao for a while, until I saw Santonini photos here.

No timeline confirmed, but my dealership asked for production in August which was based on consulting with BMW ahead of time. I'm waiting, impatiently, for email or phone confirmation from them

Last edited by evilalien; 06-18-2021 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: collapsing consecutive replies
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-18-2021, 07:24 PM   #56
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Tanzanite is nice. I like blue. I'm not big on "navy" blue on cars for some reason, but doesn't matter what I like. I reallllly wanted the frozen Portimao for a while, until I saw Santonini photos here.

No timeline confirmed, but my dealership asked for production in August which was based on consulting with BMW ahead of time. I'm waiting, impatiently, for email or phone confirmation from them
Good luck man, I hope you can get production in August with Santonini
      06-18-2021, 07:25 PM   #57
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
This is exactly why I went from not getting Santorini back to getting it. I was told it would be $9000 and a 5 month production delay. My dealership checked with BMW after Santorini was approved, and got back to me with a revised cost ($4900) and commitment that the car would be delivered by EOY to avoid the tax.

It is possible they are bumping up Individual (incl frozen?) deliveries for Canada due to this. I don't know. Alternately, there might be an accelerated timeframe for Santorini since it was a launch colour on the M4 xDrive and they are spinning up production using the paint. That's a totally low-confidence theory based on pure conjecture.

In any case... I'm expecting my individual paint delivery in time. If they can't give me the requested production date in August and it slips further out that puts things at risk, I'm going to do Portimao + stealth wrap.
if I recall Frozen color on MY22 got bumped to $4900 similar to individual color.
      06-18-2021, 07:31 PM   #58
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
if I recall Frozen color on MY22 got bumped to $4900 similar to individual color.
Interesting... seems like the frozen paint is being marketed a lot, odd that they'd put up cost and delivery barriers without a good reason. I wonder if there is a chemical supply chain issue related to the final coat that gives it the satin finish.
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50
      06-18-2021, 09:58 PM   #59
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting... seems like the frozen paint is being marketed a lot, odd that they'd put up cost and delivery barriers without a good reason. I wonder if there is a chemical supply chain issue related to the final coat that gives it the satin finish.
It's not just frozen paints, all metallic paints have doubled their price this year. Just the jump of frozen paint from 2500 to 4900 is much more significant (others are from 750 to 1450).

I guess it's the difficulty of scheduling on the AWD models since the demand looks much higher than the standard ones.
Appreciate 1
evilalien450.50
      06-19-2021, 02:50 PM   #60
akBMWGrandRiver
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 30i

Quote:

special individual order won't have a prod month of August maybe October...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 03:14 PM   #61
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akBMWGrandRiver View Post
I hope to get confirmation either way soon. BMW assured my dealership order coordinator that they could get my Santorini build delivered by year-end.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 05:32 AM   #62
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akBMWGrandRiver View Post
I hope to get confirmation either way soon. BMW assured my dealership order coordinator that they could get my Santorini build delivered by year-end.
Good luck .. I hope you get it before end of year!
      06-21-2021, 07:02 PM   #63
LSP
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche9114S, VolXC90T8, BMWX5

For those who have been told they have an August confirmed production spot, have you received a production number? We were told we were locked in for August but are awaiting the production number for almost two weeks. Not sure if ‘locking in’ can or cannot happen w/o a prod #. Either way I’m not too fussed, just curious on what other fellow Cdn have experienced.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 10:03 PM   #64
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP View Post
For those who have been told they have an August confirmed production spot, have you received a production number? We were told we were locked in for August but are awaiting the production number for almost two weeks. Not sure if 'locking in' can or cannot happen w/o a prod #. Either way I'm not too fussed, just curious on what other fellow Cdn have experienced.
FWIW, I am not "locked in". I'm waiting - impatiently - for production confirmation. I have been told to expect that in July. I am gambling based on being told that I'd get it by end of year. Gave up my July production spot for it.

Whoever got it, you're welcome
Appreciate 1
LSP72.00
      06-22-2021, 05:04 AM   #65
Shinzzze
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
For those who have been told they have an August confirmed production spot, have you received a production number? We were told we were locked in for August but are awaiting the production number for almost two weeks. Not sure if 'locking in' can or cannot happen w/o a prod #. Either way I'm not too fussed, just curious on what other fellow Cdn have experienced.
Yes, production #9023XXX. Still trying to change back the frozen colour as I was told there is a big delay.
Appreciate 1
LSP72.00
      06-22-2021, 10:42 AM   #66
Osiris888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:

I have a production number. Was told august build date.

Was def a bit of a wait to get it and happened in between the dealer checking in the morning and then checking again prior to lunch.
Appreciate 2
LSP72.00
evilalien450.50